Old 08-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #1  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Default Hello from the other side....

Of the Pond that is.

I am new to this group, I have been hiding in other areas of the community for the last year and a half or so.

My name is Caireen (Kay-reen) and I am 27 from the south west coast of Scotland and I have only just came across this group for some reason.

I have been one of those girls who was always a bit chubby, tom boy who always had lad mates, always played some sort of sport, yet at 10 when I became a vegetarian I completely ruined my body by over eating on carbs. Back then no one knew what was in their food, no one was really clued up on healthy eating so I blame the 90's for that

I think I have always been on a diet, I have lost weight, then put it back on and lost it again. I was never strong enough to tell my family that my body reacts different to the food that we were eating. They all stayed skinny, yet I would gain. At 27 years old, I now feel educated enough on food and my own body, to make this my last ever life changing weight-loss attempt. It is not a diet! it is a complete life change!

I started in January at 323lbs my heaviest ever weight. My plan was to lose one pound a week, slow and steady wins the race! During my final 6 weeks of university I maintained which set me back, however I am back with a vengeance. I am 22 lbs down and I have a long race ahead of me.

I hope to get to know you all more

Caireen
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

A big warm welcome to you Caireen!!

I'm from America myself, and have been off and on posting here since 2010. It's a good place with a lot of like-minded individuals. Also, my name is Katlyn

Do you have a certain diet/exercise plan you are working with?
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey Scotsgal I think I remember your username; we both joined about a year ago! It was way more active then; things seemed to have slowed down around here. But I have recently started back on my diet after I basically took spring and the first part of summer off. Good luck! Restarting is hard but it is step 1...
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #4  
Determind Member

Davi Thank you! I use My fitness pal, I used to go to curves gym, but I am a drummer and I have injured both of my elbows over the last year and I am awaiting surgery, so this makes working out on the curves machines quite difficult. Just now I walk with the dog and try and do some mat exercises. It is mostly food control at the moment. I have it set to 1450calories, but daily I am usually around 1200-1350. What about yourself?

HaveDWD YES! I recognise your name and avatar picture! you are right about this place being a lot more quiet, it is nice to see that there are still people around though, it was always a nice mix of people in this forum. I have one girl on my whatsapp who I met on here, we keep each other motivated daily and it is great, even to see picture updates of our losses and gains.

I have a best friend getting married in june 2017, one getting married in november 2017 and my sister is getting married in april 2018. I refuse to not look absolutely fantastic in the pictures lol So it is time to loose it all!

What kind of plans are you both on?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

hello, im currently living just outside Edinburgh so on the same side of the pond.
I can relate to your post however, im not supposed to be lurking here now that im 31 (ducks behind a cushion) but i tend to just view new posts so i see whats going on everywhere. I just had to reply - hope thats ok.

My dad has been the same weight since he was 14 give or take 7lbs when hes ill/well. My sister has always been tiny - size 8's are too big but she refuses to wear 6's most of the time too - i think they would also be too big. She claims to weigh 7 and a half stone but looks closer to 6.

Im not veggie but i really started to gain weight about the same age as you - particularly when i hit my teens - lots of white bread and pasta. i would have a whole packet of cheesey pasta as a snack. i tried to be a tomboy but because my older sister was and my mum wanted a girly girl i wasnt really allowed to be who i was which turned me to food.

Any ways, good luck and keep going.

Cheryl x

P.S mini babybell are awesome
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Rechyl I too am techinically "not supposed" to be here, I am 30! But I joined when I was 29 and was most activehere...

Scotsgal Calorie counting mostly. I try to do 1,000 to 1,200 plus unlimited raw veggies. I eat vegetarian, including eggs occasionally.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #7  
Determind Member

I am not actually vegi anymore, I was for about 3 or 4 years which was enough to destroy my body at the right time (or wrong time) in me growing into a teenager. I still don't really eat red meat unless it is mince or in a burger. I'm a turkey and fish kind of Gal I love veggies though. Don't worry about the slightly older ages, I wont tell anyone lol.

Rechyl That's awesome that you are just about a 2 hour drive or so from me, I live in Ayr. Its shame that you felt that you didn't get to be yourself when you were growing up. I played with cars and chopped dolly's hair off lol. My mum had 3 bothers, so she herself isn't very girlie either. At 13 I even joined the Army cadets which allowed me to run around the fields with automatic weapons with blanks in them. I hope that you now feel that you can be yourself. I have got a lot more girlie the older I get, a night out includes a dress, makeup, maybe hair extensions and a possible heel. But I am still a tom boy who gets wrestled by her 6 boy best mates from time to time.

what kind of exercise do you guys get in weekly?