Old 06-29-2015, 10:59 PM   #31  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Today wasn't the best as far as fitness/healthy eating goes but it was a great day socially (which doesn't happen to often for me lately). I was finally able to get together with my best friends for lunch and it felt amazing! Afterwards I had a surprise date with my boyfriend. We spent the afternoon on the couch binge watching some Netflix. We haven't been able to see each other much recently because of our work schedules. It was so wonderful to just relax with him.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day so I'm planning on going to the park for a walk/hike.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:13 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 286/Signature/200

Height: 5'7"

I'm definitely in!

I have a personal 1 month goal so I won't be adding any goals to the list. However, I'm happy to join in the effort!
wundertales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #33  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I figured I would add a bit more detail to my post from day 1 . So my lowest weight from last week was 162 lbs, which I used as my final weight for my Sizzling for Summer challenge. But towards the end of the week my eating habits have become terrible. I'm currently dog sitting this beauty:

This is Bella the Malamute! She's such a sweat heart. I've been looking after her since last Thursday. I did really well up until Sunday, which is when I overate and had a huge burger for lunch. Then yesterday I had another bad eating day...loads of bread and dessert! I never considered myself a serious binge eater before but I feel sometimes I have moments when I can't stop thinking about food and could just eat for hours.

It's reflected on the scale, I weighed 165 lbs this morning . I know I've not eaten the calories needed to gain that much over the weekend, but it's a wake up call to snap myself out of this snacking habit! I'm going to drink loads of water today.

I've been good with working out since I've been dog sitting, I've done 3 workouts in 6 days so it's a good "one day on one day off" routine at the moment. I've really not had a problem dog sitting but I'll be glad to get back home! I miss the workout room with all the weights, I'm dying to do more than just cardio! Today is my last day here, I'm going to pack everything up and make a nice stir fry for dinner. It'll have broccoli, peppers, carrots, onion and some marinaded chicken + rice. I hope it turns out well!

Dani - Congrats on your day 1! How did it go with the munchies? My downfall is definitely ice cream!

charbreaker - Woohoo! I see the ad for Hip Hop Abs after some of my Insanity videos...I always LOL at how different it looks to the intensity of Insanity! Yup...I always get lured into a false sense of security when doing abs, but I really do love the feeling of them aching the next day. It's like I can feel myself getting thinner!

LovelyLeah - What show did you binge watch? I've just finished a binge of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and now I'm moving on to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!! TV is one of my biggest distractions...

wundertales - Welcome!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #34  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

LovelyLeahL:
Sounds like you had an amazing day, so yay for that! binge watching netflix with your man and hanging out with your best friends--I'd say that's a good day I've been meaning to catch up on orange is the new black but haven't taken the time yet

Riestrella:
I. want. your dog. That is all.

Dani0112:
late night munchies are my weakness too. have fun boxing today!

charbreaker:
sounds like a pretty productive day, congrats on working it I'm guessing those are work-out DVDs? are you planning on doing them everyday, or is it a program like a few days a week?

__________________________________________________ ______

My day yesterday went pretty well... I went on a walk in the monring and then on a jog (okay walk/jog) in the evening with my hubby. Food wise...my weakness is also treats and desserts. Had some cookies which I know I shouldn't have. Going to try extra hard to eat clean today
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:36 PM   #35  
From Lazy to Light!

Yesterday we binge watched Good Eats. We love watching food shows, especially with Alton Brown because of his sense of humor.

Today I handed in my two weeks notice and quit my toxic job! And I just got home from an amazing hike. I absolutely love where I live. I live in the city but on the next street over from me there is a hidden park where I can actually hike. It's wooded, wild, and empty of people. I get to be a city girl and and outdoorsy girl. I LOVE YOU, MINNESOTA!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #36  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Been doing pretty well this week (all two days of it). I'd like to work up to doing 40 minute walks (much longer than that and I'm bore to tears with any exercise). I'll have to get going 10 minutes earlier in the morning then. So far my goal of 'more active' is being realized.

I'd love to be cracking the 150s by the start of August. It's possible, but unlikely (I have multiple parties, vacations, and events during that time). Nevertheless, it's what I'm aiming for.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #37  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

LovelyLeah - Congrats on quitting! Sounds like you had an AWESOME day!

Penny - That extra 10 minutes earlier can be so hard. But maybe that's just me. You've got this! A 40 minute walk is a nicce way to start the day.

Yesterday I did my intervals at the gym. Today I'm going to try to do a 2 mile run when I get home from the grocery store, eat dinner, and then do my strength workout at the gym. Hopefully the weather behaves! Its been storming on and off all day.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Riestrella, Bella is so cute! My baby brother loves dogs with wolf-like characteristics, he'd be all over her. Your food also sounds really yummy :Q. Managing food intake is so hard, especially when there's dessert!

Congrats on quitting your toxic job LovelyLeah! It must be an amazing feeling .

Penny105, I have similar goals as you! I really want to be in the 150's before the end of July. Let's aim for it together!! One thing I do to help with longer times are podcasts, so maybe that might help on the entertainment front.

I want to try to strengthen my arms with free weights. Even though everyone is at the gym to improve themselves, I'm intimidated by the weight section. So every day I tell myself I'd go to the gym, but it hasn't happened yet :P. Maybe I'll finally work myself up to it later this week.....
polymertastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

Day 2 nearly done. Eating wise I was ok today. I had a light breakfast but then ate a small(ish) cheesesteak and fries for lunch. Going to have a light dinner, either zucchini "pasta" or cereal if I can't be bothered to turn the stove on. Getting my eating under control is much harder than exercising.

But I did exercise today! Boxing class was late tonight and I didn't feel like waiting around an hour for it to start so I did cardio and weight machines instead. I did 15 minutes on some hill climbing type of machine, a few sets of upper body exercises that I really hate (shoulder presses never get any easier!) and then finished it off with a few minutes of biking. Tomorrow is my rest day.

@LovelyLeah congrats on quitting your toxic job! I quit mine exactly a month ago and I'm so glad a did. I was treated horribly by management for quitting and I had been a model employee for years! But I guess that shows how much I was really (not) valued.

Last edited by Dani0112; 06-30-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #40  
From Lazy to Light!

Dani That's what I'm worried about tomorrow. I'm expecting either cold shoulder or emotional manipulation. I'd prefer cold shoulder, though, because at least that means they've accepted I'm gone after the next two weeks. But I have my second job starting back up (it's seasonal) in two weeks and my boss there is so excited to have me back at full time.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6''

Ries- I know. I was like oh, the cardio for Hip Hop Abs isn't much of a workout for me anymore the Abs shouldn't be too bad. HAHA nope. I'm certainly feeling it today! The Brazil Butt Lift one was killer. I'll be using that one in a rotation for sure. Bella is adorable!!!I also know what you mean about binging; there's some days where I seem to lose any semblance of self control when it comes to food. Thankfully, since giving up gluten, it's gotten better, but still (which, has surprisingly been the key to ridding my skin of acne...still have some but it's significantly improved) Stir fry's are great; awesome idea!

kisskiss- thanks! It was pretty productive. They are workout DVD's; I've got loads of beach body ones and use them a few days a week. I workout at a local gym doing their Zumba classes and running, but I supplement with the DVD workouts. Sometimes it's nice just to stay home! I feel you on the cookies; super hard to avoid. They're just so good!

Got done at Zumba today with an additional run afterward. Did not eat as well yesterday or the day before so I'm expecting to see my weight fluctuate a bit this week! Hope to keep it clean and stick to my diet!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #42  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

NNS - I'm able to walk about 2 hours before I start to get pretty tired. But I'm easily bored when I exercise. Much more than 30 minutes and I won't keep up with it. It's my mind I'm trying to train (although I'd love to train my body to run...again. Eventually!).
And kudos for your day! Very active!

Polymertastic - We do have similar goals! And stats! I am so in! Let's shoot for the 150s! You have about a 5-6 lb lead on me, though.
I do podcasts, too. And music. Though I don't have any good podcasts at the moment. Any recommendations for one that hold the attention really well?
With the gym, I was always intimidated (and am again when I haven't been in a while). But you've got to do what you need to do for you. The rest doesn't matter. March into that weight section and start lifting.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #43  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm baaaaaack!

I've finished moving to a new apartment, turned in the keys to the old one yesterday, and turned a massive project-end report that had me working a lot of overtime for the past few weeks. Finally my work crunch is lightening up to reasonable amounts from when my boss left last March and wasn't replaced. I've got a bunch of unpacking left to do but I can go at my own pace and I'm just so glad to be in my new place and done with overtime work for a while.

Fortunately I did not gain much in the past few stressful weeks. I may not make my fitness goals well the first couple weeks as I'm easing back into things, but I'm glad there's another challenge!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #44  

Height: 5'6''

atmos! Happy to see you on the challenge, friend.

Just got back from a TurboFire class. Whew, dripping with sweat! Did some arm workouts with free weights as well. Hope to see I maintain this week (not expecting to lose as I haven't been as stringent with my eating).

Hope you guys are doing well!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #45  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Quick update from my phone. Took a rest day yesterday. Yesterday morning I had my first new low weight in litterally months so I filled it out in the spreadsheet and then this morning I was down even further! I have no clue what I did differently this month. Probably won't have access to a desktop to update it for a while so I'll just post here that I'm at 176.

Planning on going for a nice long 4ish mile run today since it's supposed to be beautiful out! Happy holiday everyone!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote