Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 04:00 PM   #1  

Default Numbers as enemies... An introduction

Hello--

I am brand new to the site (and message boards) and just wanted to introduce myself (forgive me--there is going to be some overlap from the South Beach board because I'm lazy.)

A quick(ish) intro: I'm 25, live in DC working at a think tank (not exactly a hotbed of physical activity, unless you count wandering to the library every now and again to pick up back-issues of the American Economic Review), and (obviously) need to lose weight. I'm aiming for 80 lbs. I like to golf (little opportunity, sadly), read, go dancing, watch snarky British tv programs and tend to be a bit sarcastic.

I just ordered the South Beach Diet (I just turned 25, and writing that number down, as well as certain other less-than-desirable numbers (read: weight), made me realize it was time to take some action. That and I fear dying alone with cats (I don't even LIKE cats).

I've also devised an exercise program that involves a quick walk/run (probably more walk than run to be absolutely truthful) in the AM to get me going, and going to the gym with a friend after work.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi (I am long-winded) and get acquainted with some of the forums and members.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:59 PM   #2  

WELCOME!!!!!!!! I am too 25 and LOVE to golf (I'm sure you couldn't figure that one out)...

I am doing the Atkins, with a little of my own twist. I don't like the really fattening foods so I do try to avoid them...

Stick with the message board and the weight loss will be so much easier!!!!!!! Lean on the people here as well as the Journals to help you through!!!

Finally someone who likes the British Comedy :-)
Old 08-05-2003, 07:41 PM   #3  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Welcome to 3FC abafab! You will find lots of support here.

I also had the fear of dying alone with like 40 cats as well (and I don't like cats either) but then I found the most wonderful guy. I'm sure you will too. Just keep up the self confidence and your prince will find you.

Good luck on your weight loss and see you around the boards
Old 08-06-2003, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post Welcome Abfabgirl

These boards are truly something else. It's amazing the advice and inspiration you can get here. I've worked it into my routine now and it has helped more than I can say. And it's a great acountablity tool for me. Hope to see you and hear from you more.

Tummy
Closed Thread