Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #1  

Default Triumphs and Struggles

Everyday we should list something! This helps me to feel accountable!

Triumph For Today: Definitely going to the gym even though I was SO sore all day. Once the weights started moving I didn't even realize I was sore. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but I just felt good!

Struggle: I'm still struggling with desserts. I love chocolate, and my husband loves dessert but I need to have more self control to say no, I'll have some fruit instead, or a glass of chocolate milk
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #2  

Default Good idea

Here's mine...

Struggle: Not losing any weight yet (I actually gained a pound today) even though I've changed ALL of my habits: walk every day (sometimes twice), drink tons of water, and eat a lot less than I used to, and only when I'm absolutely sure I'm stomach hungry (so I wait until my stomach really rumbles a while), and only eat enough till I no longer feel hunger, as opposed to until my stomach feels full. I also typically only eat really healthy foods - mostly paleo fruits and veggies and meat. So, why the heck did I gain a pound this week???

Triumph: Despite the constant setbacks, my food relationship has definitely changed. I am disappointed and upset not to be losing weight like I want to, but I won't fall into a bag of chips today, or a gallon of ice cream, or a whopping huge breakfast. I'll experience the disappointment, anger, and despair and comfort myself in other ways, and not feel deprived in any way. I might even go for my walks so I can process everything.
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #3  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

oOoh Fun!

Struggle: I struggle constantly with social habits and getting off track. It is sort of sad to say, but I can't wait until winter so I can stay at home and not have interest in going out for lunch or dinner with friends because it just too darn cold.

Triumph: After a long summer of not losing, or losing and then gaining it back I am back to losing. I have refocused my goals and and ready to get back on the wagon. I have a new milestone on my mind: Onederland. Amazing.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Nice thread

Triumph - Started my exercising today after a few days break due to TOM (I just can't exercise during most of it) even though I really didn't feel like it, and was really happy with my stamina. My feet are hurting less and less and I can jog for longer each time. When I started out I could barely jog for 30 seconds without getting tired, today I did 5 minutes continuously 4 times, for a total of 20 minutes pure jogging. I'm now ready for C25K, so I'll be starting from Monday.

Struggle - I'm so happy with the amount I've lost in a short time, but I'm terrified that when it slows down I'll get discouraged. I'm trying to psych myself up for that time and stay motivated.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Struggle: Impatience! I feel like when I start exercising and changing my habits for a few weeks I should just be skinny and healthy. I'm feeling better and I know I'm changing my lifestyle, but I'm still not losing any weight.

Triumph: Just what I said reversed, I've changed so many of my habits and kicked so many bad things. I have far to go but I'm moving in the right direction! Oh, and I found an exercise program that I love!

Happy FRIDAY!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Height: 5' 4''

What a great thread!

Struggle: My shins have been hurting a lot the past few days; I'm terrified of getting shin splints, but I also don't want to stop dancing until it goes away =(

Triumph: I had a binge yesterday morning, and instead of freaking out, I adjusted my calories for the rest of the day to stay pretty much on track. In the past I would have beaten myself up over "losing control," but now my attitude is that it's better to have a cheat day than feel deprived, and no single day will make or break my weight loss efforts, and am actually really pumped to get right back on plan today!
Espronceda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #7  

hey Espronceda, I was having some pain when I started walking again. I remember when I was much younger and would get that same pain, so I kept thinking, "Oh great...this could be a permanent injury." But darn it, I wanted to keep walking! It made me feel good mentally. I kept going and the pain has gone away and I feel so much better.

Last edited by Mazzy; 09-27-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Triumph: Went for a jog of almost an hour today with my father's dog. The dog is short-legged and usually can't keep up with me very well, but today she was absolutely and completely knackered! I had to run back for her several times because she couldn't follow and when I slowed down to put her back on the leash, she litterally just fell over, haha. Outrunning a creature one fifth my size my not be much of an accomplishment, but whatever.

Struggle: Went to MacDonald's after my run. Don't even know why. I feel terrible now. Luckily, my boyfriend is back and there will be no more bad food from now on.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #9  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Struggle: 2 binge days in a row , had super guilt about it and gained 2 lbs, my goal by the 30th was 224.0. So I've got 3 days to drop the water weight..

Triumph: I powered through my rut and self pity, I am doing great with eating, worked out and doing good on water! Ba-boom!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Struggle: I had to sit next to a cake (close enough I could smell it) for 4 hours in a meeting today. (Also a triumph because I didn't have any.) also struggling to find foods that I want to eat and are on plan.

Triumph: I have worked out like a beast this week. I started at a crossfit gym and did that on M, W, F. Sun, tues, and thurs I ran. Need to keep this momentum going.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/149/115

Height: 5'0"

Struggle: Battling my urge to eat even things I don't want has been hard today. Stress is getting to me from work, and I want to eat things as a comfort--I need to figure out how to stop this.

Triumph: Even though I put mac & cheese on my plate from my struggle (currently on a low carb diet) I only had a bite before throwing the rest out. I didn't even like the taste. Same for kettle corn--the moment it touched my tongue, I didn't want it!

Tomorrow, I just hope to do the same thing...
merrilymemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #12  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Struggle: Comfort eating. I've had a rough week and all I want is doughnuts.

Triumph: I walked to work today for the first time in months!
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote