Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #1  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

Smile New/Old Member, here!

Hello ladies and gentlemen -

My name is Sarah. I was formerly here under another moniker and have since returned with a vengeance to 3FC under my new name: badassey. I am sure none of you remember me but I am happy to be back. I started following a healthier lifestyle in May. So here I am!

I've struggled with my weight for years and have yo-yo'ed all over the dang place until I reached my highest weight ever in March of this year. Needless to say, it's time for a serious change. I am following a reduced calorie diet of between 1400 and 1800 calories per day (tracking with MyFitnessPal). I am using my BodyMedia Fit to log my calorie burn. And I am working out 6 days a week (see below).

Exercise: I am currently doing a personal fitness challenge. It is 240 day fitness challenge. I am completing Power 90 (90 days) + P90X (90 days) + Insanity (60 days) for my 240 day challenge. I am currently on day 17 and I am feeling fabulous! If you want to know more about the challenge, you can view my blog at badassey.com.

In the past, I have gone to the extremes to lose weight and it has never stuck. I have always gained all of the weight back (and then some.) This time around, I am doing it the healthy way. No feelings of guilt surrounding food. No anger. No looking back at the past. It's all about moving forward and creating a better future for myself.

I am really happy to be back here!
badassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #2  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Uh... your site is pretty BA. Just wanted to throw that out there. It's really nicely put together and your food photography skills are wreaking havoc on my being on-plan right now, haha.

Welcome! You seem so motivated I just started Insanity today, so yay for kinda being in the same boat, with you doing the Power 90!
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #3  
Pottymouth

S/C/G: 182.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Wowsa I am in awe and inspired by that 240 day fitness plan- I'm no where near that hardcore but maybe someday I'll get there. I look forward to updates on your progress!

How do you like the body media fit? I have been getting more serious about fitness and have been doing some light research but not sure what I want to go with. This really seems like a good product but I didn't like that you have to subscribe to their service (something about that really irks me especially after splashing out a good chunk of cash for a monitor). I'm debating between this and the jawbone up (because I really like the bracelet setup more than the upper arm band though I don't think it's as informative) and have pretty much ruled out the fitbit flex due to negative reviews. Do you love yours? Sorry for the thread highjack.... I'm just very curious about that monitor and don't know anyone who has one.

Anyway, welcome back!
TraumaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwasp View Post
Uh... your site is pretty BA. Just wanted to throw that out there. It's really nicely put together and your food photography skills are wreaking havoc on my being on-plan right now, haha.

Welcome! You seem so motivated I just started Insanity today, so yay for kinda being in the same boat, with you doing the Power 90!
Thanks, girl! I am anxious about starting Insanity. I think I start sometime in December. Eek! I'd love to hear how it's going as you go through the workouts. It sounds like a really intense program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumaNurse View Post
Wowsa I am in awe and inspired by that 240 day fitness plan- I'm no where near that hardcore but maybe someday I'll get there. I look forward to updates on your progress!

How do you like the body media fit? I have been getting more serious about fitness and have been doing some light research but not sure what I want to go with. This really seems like a good product but I didn't like that you have to subscribe to their service (something about that really irks me especially after splashing out a good chunk of cash for a monitor). I'm debating between this and the jawbone up (because I really like the bracelet setup more than the upper arm band though I don't think it's as informative) and have pretty much ruled out the fitbit flex due to negative reviews. Do you love yours? Sorry for the thread highjack.... I'm just very curious about that monitor and don't know anyone who has one.

Anyway, welcome back!
Hey! I really, really like my BodyMedia Fit. The subscription cost bothered me at first, as well. But I believe it's only $6.95/month. Which, for how much I love it, is totally worth it. The subscription gives you access to all of your data and the cool tools that come with the device (logging workouts, sleep, steps, activity, etc.). I actually wrote up a blog post about my armband. You can view it here: http://www.badassey.com/my-bodymedia-fit-link/ My review goes decently in-depth about the pros and cons of the BodyMedia Fit. I would really recommend it! Also, if you do decide to purchase the BodyMedia armband, Amazon always has a better price than bodymedia's website. I think I saved like $30 just buying from Amazon (which was also tax free and I got free 2-day shipping). Pretty sweet deal!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Your picture looks familiar, maybe I was around when you were last here? Anyway, welcome back! :3
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #6  
Pottymouth

S/C/G: 182.5/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassey View Post
Hey! I really, really like my BodyMedia Fit. The subscription cost bothered me at first, as well. But I believe it's only $6.95/month. Which, for how much I love it, is totally worth it. The subscription gives you access to all of your data and the cool tools that come with the device (logging workouts, sleep, steps, activity, etc.). I actually wrote up a blog post about my armband. You can view it here: http://www.badassey.com/my-bodymedia-fit-link/ My review goes decently in-depth about the pros and cons of the BodyMedia Fit. I would really recommend it! Also, if you do decide to purchase the BodyMedia armband, Amazon always has a better price than bodymedia's website. I think I saved like $30 just buying from Amazon (which was also tax free and I got free 2-day shipping). Pretty sweet deal!

Ok now I am totally convinced. You're my hero thank you so much for that review!! Your blog is frickin' awesome. Your description and all the screen shots and stuff have me convinced. I had a fitbit in the past (that fell off my pants somewhere damn thing was always doing that) and it was no where near as nice a website or anything and I think the bodymedia will definitely more accurately track how hard I am working in activities like fluidity/barre/pilates way more accurately (that shiz is hard!).

I still think it's kinda ugly and am not thrilled about having something on my upper arm but it definitely seems like the tool for me. I'm adding it to my cart on amazon as we speak and will click purchase when I complete the 20 day hardcore challenge successfully (yay incentives).

Ok back to your blog for more ooh-ing and aah-ing. I'm going to dig through the whole thing now to find more gems
TraumaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #7  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi! Welcome back. I just love your username and lol, I just totally got sidetracked by your site when I decided to check it out. I love it!!! Happy to have you here with us!

I am doing Insanity, today was the first day with the fit test and WHOA! Not looking forward to tomorrow but hey, I figure I got nothing better to do with my free time!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumaNurse View Post
Ok now I am totally convinced. You're my hero thank you so much for that review!! Your blog is frickin' awesome. Your description and all the screen shots and stuff have me convinced. I had a fitbit in the past (that fell off my pants somewhere damn thing was always doing that) and it was no where near as nice a website or anything and I think the bodymedia will definitely more accurately track how hard I am working in activities like fluidity/barre/pilates way more accurately (that shiz is hard!).

I still think it's kinda ugly and am not thrilled about having something on my upper arm but it definitely seems like the tool for me. I'm adding it to my cart on amazon as we speak and will click purchase when I complete the 20 day hardcore challenge successfully (yay incentives).

Ok back to your blog for more ooh-ing and aah-ing. I'm going to dig through the whole thing now to find more gems
You are totally right about the armband being kind of ugly. It's not necessarily unattractive but just noticeable. I have had two people ask about it and I just say "oh it logs the calories I'm burning all day" and they're always more fascinated than judgmental about it. I do definitely try to hide it if I can. But if I am going to an event where I am wearing a dress or something without sleeves, I just take it off. And thank you for the blog-love! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Hi! Welcome back. I just love your username and lol, I just totally got sidetracked by your site when I decided to check it out. I love it!!! Happy to have you here with us!

I am doing Insanity, today was the first day with the fit test and WHOA! Not looking forward to tomorrow but hey, I figure I got nothing better to do with my free time!
Thanks, Amandie! I watched the fit test a few weeks ago and cringed the entire time. Hopefully Power 90/P90X will prepare me for the insanity of Insanity! Eek!

Last edited by badassey; 07-02-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #9  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I remember your beautiful face! Welcome back! Just flicked through your blog, LOVE the gif post. The GO AWAY one is so accurate...
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158 / 153 / 135

Hey, a fellow Minnesotan. I thought you looked really familiar, but we're all kinda alike aren't we. Jk I'm just being silly--good luck!! I've definitely gone through extremes too...I guess that's why a lot of us are still here!
Liquorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Welcome back!!
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote