Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/208/135

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy I feel like a race horse at the starting gates!

I am 23 years old and am currently pregnant with our second child. I have about 4 more weeks until my due date and I feel like a race horse at the starting gates when it comes to getting back in shape.

When my husband and I got married I was at my lowest weight of 145lbs give or take. I got pregnant with our first child just five months after we were married and packed on a good 50lbs. I figured since I was young and pretty active for the most part that I would bounce back in no time at all unforunately, that wasn't the case. When my husband left for deployment I was committed to getting in better shape and promised myself that when he got home he'd be meeting his new and improved wife at the airport. During his absence I tried every diet imaginable and even started Weight Watchers. It was effective and I lost 11lbs over the course of 4 weeks but then with everything going on and trying to adjust to being a new mom with a deployed husband I fell off track and gained back about 6lbs. For the next year and half I maintained my weight at 182lbs until I got pregnant again. I'm now weighing at 209 which isn't a horrible weight gain considering I am 35 weeks pregnant but I am so ready to get started on the right foot.

I feel like for the last 2 1/2 years I have let myself go and I have really struggled with my self image. It's hard living in a place like Las Vegas where appearance is everything. What made it even harder is that before I had to quit working I was employed at a gym. I was constantly around people who could be considered "gym rats". I felt like those people in the Planet Fitness commercials if you have ever seen them. I'm just hoping that all this build up to reach my goal isn't just me blowing smoke. I really want to keep motivated but I'm worried that if I don't see resaults that match the effort I'm putting out that I will lose sight of my goal.

I don't expect to get a model body nor do I expect to have the body I did pregnancy. I just want to be able to get dressed and not spend an hour in front of the mirror making sure everything is well hidden and covered. I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin again.
JFerny725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #2  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Good luck! I'm really impressed that you are starting to get healthy even while pregnant. I don't know that I could do that. I understand exactly what you're talking about when it comes to tucking everything in when you're getting dressed! I'm sure that if you remain dedicated that the weight will come off.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote