Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/219/160

Height: 5'8"

Default New Here. Looking for some accountability partners

Hi fellow dieters,

My name is Amy and I'm 29 years old. I'm dedicated to going into 30 in the best shape I've been since I graduated high school. So far I've lost 6 pounds out of a goal of 70lbs. I've gone down the "dieting" road before but have always gone back to old habits. I'm dedicated to a new lifestyle because I have a 3 year old boy who deserves to have an energetic momma (as well as to any future kiddos I may be blessed with), I want to be a hot wife for my husband, and most importantly I want to feel good about myself. I currently juice (like in the documentary Sick, Fat, and nearly Dead with Joe Cross) for 2 meals a day and then eat a modest lunch. I do my best to avoid gluten and dairy. I completely obstain from any caffeine (giving up coffee was killer).

I'm hoping to find people who can support me on rough days and cheer me on when I'm successful (and of course, vice versa!).

Looking forward to all of our hour noes to a better us!

- Amy
ABCDiaz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #3  
love machine!

S/C/G: 167/130.2/120

Height: 5'6"

Hey, 24 yo here, also a juicer! It's great that you have such motivation, keep it up! If you ever want to talk juicing, I'd love to. I've been juicing for the last 4ish months and love it. It's so easy for me to keep doing because it's delicious and glorious!! Welcome, and glad to meet you!

Last edited by om namah shivaya; 03-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.
om namah shivaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Amy- Hey I found your post actually thinking I needed to find a place where I can have some accountabitlity also. And then when I read your mini bio here I was kinda happy to see someone in such a similar place.

I also and 29 and married and while I have a wonderful step daughter, my husband and I haven't yet had any kids together.

At my 29th birthday I swore to myself I want to get to my weight and fitness goals by the time I turn 30. After which we will probably start trying to have babies. I want to lose at least 35 lbs. But my super secret goal if to lose 45.

I was excited last August (my b day month) to have a year to get to that 35 lb goal. Totally doable. Now I am sad to realize that I only have 5 months left (fortunately i was born in the end of August)

I want to get in great shape before I have kids. I know it will make for healthier pregnancies and easier time losing the baby weight.

I have wasted 6 1/2 months already of this year. I CANNOT waste anymore time! I need to be accountable and have a place to check in almost daily.

If anyone knows of a good thread please direct me. I don't get on and post everyday because I'm not on my computer everyday. But I do alot of lurking via my cell phone when I am feeling a craving or something and I find this place helps so much at those times.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #5  

Hi I was wondering how this juicing thing works Doesn't this make you hungry? I would think it would since you only eat one meal. Please advise and let me know what you put in your juices
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote