Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #1  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Lightbulb Wishing myself a "welcome back"

Hi everyone,

I've been a member on these forums for a long time, posting sporadically.

Part of me hates these forums - rather, hates the way they make me feel about myself and others. Please forgive me and allow me a moment of blatant honesty to myself here.

Over my time on these forums, I have learned a lot - about nutrition, food choices, portions, calorie awareness... I have learned how much of my life is controlled by my anxiety.

In my time off of 3FC I have missed the moral support, missed the people who understood what I was going through. I achieved my best successes through 3FC. It also made me an obsessive creature - constantly wanting to be on the forum, unable to eat with a healthy mind.

I don't know how to achieve this balance at all. I'm back up to a weight I hate. I'm so unhappy with my body and am single for the first time in years. I'm approaching my "late" twenties, as opposed to "mid" twenties and I need to take better care of myself, wholly.

On the other hand, I will will be dealing with my food and weight issues for the rest of my life. I know I'll never reach my goal and be able to let loose. I need to do better at the day to day moderation aspect of eating and fitness. I need to not get obsessive about being 200 cals over or under, not be critical about what everyone else around me, judging them because I feel insecure, then feeling like a terrible person and indulging in bad psychological cycles.

I don't want to move my life control issues from binge eating to binge dieting. It's hard to see other posters on these forums sometimes because I feel like that's what they're doing, what *we're* doing, and I feel awful for us.

There are a lot of options I'm considering in helping me through this chapter of my life.

In terms of diet, I'm going to resume calorie counting while implementing some other personal diet wisdom I've accumulated.

In terms of fitness, I'm better at having FUN while I work out than I used to. I've been enjoying summer cycling about, and for the last 6 months I have been attending a really lovely Kung Fu class. What I like about these things is that i enjoy them for more than just a tool for weight loss.

I need to work on delaying self-gratification.

I need to stop thinking of a great time as being eating and drinking.

It's time to really think about seeing a psychologist and a dietician

Thanks for listening - it means a lot. I look forward to being more motivated.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck.

Sounds like you have a good plan!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #3  

Glad you're back.
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #4  
Working on Change

S/C/G: 235/235/150

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome back!!
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2

Welcome back, I hope you find the balance you are looking for...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #7  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Oh boy- I feel like I just read an excerpt from my blog. LOL.

I often toe the line of insanity and dedication when it comes to weight loss.

I wrote a piece here that might be helpful for you: http://somuchfattitude.com/2012/10/19/forgiveness/

SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

good luck and welcome back!

honestly, i've found that what works best for me is clean eating, and one cheat day a week. yeah, the weight is coming off slower because of the cheat day, but honestly, it's keeping me more sane to know that there are still some occasions when i can have popcorn, cake and ice cream... lol. the trick is moderation.

i hope you can finally find what works for you and find a balance. good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote