Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/132/110

Height: 4'11

Thumbs down Disappointed with start of February!

Hi,

So up and until last week my eating/exercise plan was going very well. Then I got sick and was too lathargic to exercise for a couple of days. I felt better on Friday (1st) and went to a work happy hour. I had one drink, nibbled on a little here or there and a little bit of birthday cake. I came home and did a Zumba workout. The next morning my scale said I had put on a pound.

I did another vigorous workout. 70 mins of cardio and ab work. Then we went out for the day. For lunch I had a small cup of soup and some bread while DH chowed down on nachos. I was surprised at how easily I feel full these days. I'm gauging it better I think. I added it all in my fitness pal. We had plans to go to dinner with some friends. I thought I had done well.well better than before.

However, my scale said otherwise! I've 3 more pounds!!!! Ugh!!!
Im more disappointed that on one side im exercising again and on the other indulging a bit here and there. At the end of the day it all adds up! I need to get in better control of my eating behavior at weekends! N stick with exercising until I start seeing true results again. No excuses!

I've been used to losing 1/2 - 1 lb a day and need to be okay with slow weighloss!

Have you experienced anything similar?? What would you advise??

Last edited by RisKay84; 02-03-2013 at 10:36 AM.
RisKay84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

it's probably just water retention after eating too many carbs and salty stuff and if you have sore muscles they hold onto water.
flctulation in weight is totes normal, don't beat yourself too much
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I agree with missunshine. When I eat salty stuff my body stores water so this is probably the case of why this is happening.

Also I don't know if this happens for you, but when I am sick I end up 1-2 lbs heavier for a couple of days even though the only thing I can stomach when sick is soups. So maybe this is also the case for you.

Don't feel disappointed. You have made a great start ! Also going out every once in a while is not sabotaging yourself.... It is being a normal, healthy person. When I first started I has this double-or-nothing mentality. If I stayed on track then I was a "good" girl, but if I ate a piece of cake then - boom- I was a "bad" girl that was sabotaging all her efforts and I did not derserve to lose weight.

Ummm... No I wasn't. I realized that I was a healthy person that needed to socialize and yes I needed some days to eat something sugary or fattening. Now I am not saying that it was ok for me to eat chocolates or fatty food everyday but once a month helped me stay on track!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies! I think I really needed to hear its okay!
I do believe it's a combination of water retention (we had curry which has a lot of salt), being sick and indulging.

Today is a new day. I had a great start to the day with a good workout that caused sweat stung my eyes! Lol! Feel much better with a healthy workout and breakfast!

I'm not going to give up or give in this time around! )))
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #5  

Also @prettyladyserenity I didn't know sore muscles retain water because I did wake up with sore muscles before I weighed in. Interesting to know! Thanks!
Also congrats on your weight loss so far. Nearly there!!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Nah I have a long way to go yet but thanks!

I did not know the sore muscles thing either. You will learn lots of things as time goes by.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #7  

WOW! You ladies were right! It must have been water retention. I went from 136.8 to 131.6 in the space of 24 hrs. Still have sore muscles though. DOH!

But super happy!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 11"

Hey RisKay - Weighing In every day is a great accountability measure - for some of us here, I know it is the only way we stay on track.

That being said, there is SO much going on in our bodies all the time that even if we eat PERFECT the day before there is no guarantee that is going to show up the next day in our weigh ins. My advice is don't weigh yourself in daily if you find it stresses you out a ton. Then it is more trouble than it's worth!

To add on to that point, I know that weight loss is calories in versus calories out, but also please be careful about gauging the intensity of your workouts based on how much you weighed in today vs. yesterday - a lot of people feel the need to "punish" themselves or work out extra hard if they go up .5 or 1.5 Ibs from one day to the other. I see this as a little dangerous, especially if you're a personality prone to compulsiveness. Again, your weight will fluctuate day by day, it is the general trend that will tell you if you're making the real progress.

Be gentle with yourself, and I'm glad the scale "righted" itself this morning!
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote