Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #1  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Default Recent NSVs!

Over the last few days, I have discovered a few really exciting NSVs to celebrate that I had never expected when I began losing weight.

1. I have always snored - really, really loudly. So much so that family and friends would complain/make fun of me. By high school, I started avoiding sleepovers like the plague. In college, I would back out on any plans that involved going to some bar and then crashing at someone's apartment. I have never slept over with any man. It gave me huge, huge anxiety. I bet you can all guess where this is going: I no longer snore! I can't believe it! Honestly, I hadn't really considered this happy side effect to losing weight, but I couldn't be more pleased.

2. The women on my father's side of the family tend to have very thin hair and even some bald spots on their heads, starting in their early 20s. When I went for my last hair cut in July, I noticed that I was getting a bald spot right at the top of my head. My stylist showed me how to cover it up and suggested some creams and things for when it got bad (it wasn't bad, you had to part some hair to really see it).

Anyway, yesterday I got another hair cut, and thanks to my healthy diet over the last six months, my hair is completely filled in. No more bald spots! Looks like I've been getting all of my vitamins.

What about you guys? Any exciting recent NSVs, or any NSVs that you hadn't been anticipating but that you're thrilled about nonetheless?

Last edited by epicskyline; 01-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #2  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

You never realize just how much diet effects every aspect of your life until you read stories like this. Great job on losing the weight so far!
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

That's awesome!!! God I can't wait until my snoring goes away. I didn't when I was thinner but gosh do I ever now!

I had to NSV's this week. The first was that when I took my boyfriend's truck to work the other day, I pushed the memory button for the seat settings, and then had to adjust them because I was sitting too low and too far away from the wheel! Used to be that my belly got in the way. When I bought my jeep in April I was barely fitting in to it and some of the vehicles I was test driving, so this is big. I can't wait to go for a ride in my friend's pontiac vibe, because it was always a crap shoot as to whether or not I could buckle up. Pretty sure it won't be an issue now!

The second one is that my fingers are now smaller than my boyfriend's! He has a ring one of our friends gave him a few years back that he wants to get sized to wear. I could never get it on my finger either. Well, we put it in a drawer and forgot about it, but I found it the other day and while it still doesn't fit him, I can slide it on my ring finger easily!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #4  

Aidanqm - I know! It's silly, because people tell you that starting in elementary school, but I never believed them. Oh, I realized it would make me a healthy weight and better at sports, but not these other things.

Radiojane - Awesome NSVs! Congrats on your 75 lbs! It must feel really good to have smaller hands than your boyfriend. A secret goal of mine is to be able to wear a boyfriend's shirt or jacket and have it be way too big for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #5  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Interesting. I forgot about my snoring because I've had to use a CPAP machine at night due to sleep apnea that I've had for the last 10 years. The machine stops the snoring. Unfortunately I can't remember what weight I was when I got it. I'm sure at some point I'll be able to discontinue use of the machine. But I don't know if that will make me start snoring again. I know think people who snore. I might just be one of those people who snore at any weight.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #6  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Catching my side profile in the mirror and double-taking because it was more toned than it's been in a loooong time.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #7  
Starting over sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicskyline View Post
Radiojane - Awesome NSVs! Congrats on your 75 lbs! It must feel really good to have smaller hands than your boyfriend. A secret goal of mine is to be able to wear a boyfriend's shirt or jacket and have it be way too big for me.
Thank you! And it does feel good because it's the only part of me that is smaller! I'm taller than him and I can wear his shoes. (not to mention that at my highest I was nearly double his weight )
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

I bought a bunch of healthy snack options last night and have started taking care of myself in toehr ways...hopefully that will help me out! When I went into (A REALLY GREAT WONDERFUL CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS TIME) a plateau this March RIGHT after hitting the 40 pound lost mark, I continued on plan for about a month or two but realized nothing was going up or down and I was over it. I'm determined to hit that mark again and much more, and then finally be in maintenance! It seems so far away but I know I can do it, I just have to keep myself balanced.
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #9  

Awesome NSVs!! I swear I can feel the same joy when I read about others NSVs as when I have my own as it's such a good feeling. Love threads like this!

My NSV was putting the liner back in my jacket this week, I have had this jacket for at least 5 years and never wore it with the liner as it was too tight. Not anymore! (It's the same jacket that I mentioned in another thread that my husband said shows off my curves and I didn't even know I had any!)

Keep em coming!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/150/138

Height: 5'3"

I have a ridiculously annoying question. If you sleep alone, how do you know if you snore? Just curious how one would figure this out.
Shrinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #11  
Starting over sucks.

I know because I've woken myself up with the noise. (When I was just drifting off)
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

I woke up feeling pretty good about myself this morning and bent the rules by not wearing my ugly, too big, uniform shirt and just wore a cardigan sweater with some skinny jeans and the tank I'd normally wear. Had to run out in the rain to look at a car and had to switch out of my sweater so it would dry. A guy who I've worked with for at least 3 years but in a different department came back inside to say "I don't know what you're doing but you look great".

I was so unbelievably flattered and that compliment couldn't have come at a better time.

I'm also down another notch on my belt... when I normally had issues even finding a belt that would fit!

Last edited by KellinaKatrina; 01-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Awesome nsv's!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #14  

Shrinkberry - Haha, good question! My mother told me. It was so loud, she could hear it out in the hallway and in her bedroom across the hall.

KellinaKatrina - What a great compliment to receive. It's always the most fun when you weren't dressing to impress or expecting it.

elvislover324 - Next winter, you'll have to buy an all new jacket, because this one won't fit anymore!

namaste984 - That is always the simplest and greatest feeling!

chel3fsea - The healthy snacks certainly won't hurt. I'm sure you'll reach your goals if you stay motivated.

joefla70 - Obviously getting off of the machine is the first goal. Who knows, though? Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who loses weight and stops snoring. For me, I had a lot of weight focused on my chest, which is apparently the worst place in terms of snoring.

Radiojane - I've woken myself up too! How embarrassing! I also think I was sliding towards sleep apnea for a while there, because I would wake up feeling panicked sometimes. I think that it's because I would stop breathing.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #15  

lol epicskyline! I already own the new winter jacket I am destined to wear, I try it on once a week to see if I can transition yet! I will surely be posting my NSV that day, I just hope it's not in July lol.

This thread is so great!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote