Old 10-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default New momma looking for help

I just had my son 8 weeks ago. Before he was conceived I was at 267lbs I got up to 320's then after he was born went down to 284 back up to 290 and now on pre maintenance Atkins (I am Breast feeding so can not be to strict or I will lose my milk) I am down to 281lbs. Was hoping to get a partner who is around the same to lose / or a BF momma who knows what its like. =) Let me know. Goal is to lost 100 in a year then I will be in better shape for next baby (and we are moving to FL where hubbys family is who has never seen me in person so want to look good so hubby can brag! =)
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #2  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Well done for your weight loss so far! I only have 30lbs to lose and I am not a mother I could be your partner if you want but I guess I am not very appropriate! I hope you find someone soon!
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/191.3/135

Height: 5'7

Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far and an even bigger congrats on your new baby!!! I think it's awesome that you are making breastfeeding a priority! I know it's a lot of work in the beginning, but it's such an amazing thing! I am not currently breastfeeding, but I breastfed both of my children, my youngest self-weaned about a year ago, right around her first birthday. I truly miss nursing her!

I had success losing while nursing w/o compromising my supply by following the paleo nutrition plan/lifestyle & getting in workouts about 2x a week. Nursing actually eased me into paleo because I had to cut out dairy anyway because my daughter is allergic to it.

If you are looking for something to drink besides water, I reccomend mother's milk tea, it's good for your supply! I liked yogi brand & traditional medicinals and I usually drank it iced!
NoSuchUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Congrats on your baby and welcome!!

I don't have as much to lose but I breast feed my daughter for almost 3 years (ouch!)

If I were you, I would concentrate on just eating healthy a some exercise. Remember that you don't want to lose a big amount of weight while BF.

I found this and it might be helpfull:

"Excessive dieting can result in a reduced milk supply.
According to Breastfeeding and Human Lactation (3rd Edition, Riordan, pp 440), it is noted that fad or rapid weight loss programs should be avoided because fat-soluble environmental contaminants and toxins stored in body fat are released into the milk when caloric intake is severely restricted. I was unable to find a definition of “severely restricted” but I expect that it is significantly under 1500 calories per day (which they called a “modest intake”). "

Just eat health yand the weight will come off slowly but surely.
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Thank you for the baby gratz! My baby is everything to me! I have been doing Pre-maintnce ATKINS I have dropped 11 lbs on it in a week. Milk supply is still good still waking up with clogs lol. eating fruit veggies and protean cutting the bread and other carbs. seems to be going well so far.
Rebecca85 is offline   Reply With Quote