20 Something Profiles

You're on Page 17 of 30
Go to
  • First name: Mary

Geographical location: The Netherlands

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 cute love birds!

Hobbies/Interests: singing, playing guitar, shopping, going out with friends, reading, nail art

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: lost about 50 pounds back in 2012 and kept it off. Starting again this month to lose another 40 lbs

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 163

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to the diet!

Following any specific plan: low-carb, eating as much vegetables as I can and drinking lots of water and green tea!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more motivated than ever to lose the weight. I'm very happy about most things in my life, except for my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have felt like my last weight loss journey was a path that I chose to walk alone, but I am hoping to find some support on this forum so that we can all keep each other motivated!
  • First name:Nikki

Geographical location:Cebu,Philippines

Marital Status:Living Together

Children/Ages:not yet

Pets:6 shi tzus and 1 mini pincher

Hobbies/Interests:LOTR,skyrim, fantasy and motivational books, all games and fantasy movies

Height: 5 ft

Eye/Hair Color: brown and long black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2013

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight:134

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on my daily exercise routine

Following any specific plan: Doing meditation and ashtanga yoga

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm eating slower and listening to my body more. I intuitively eat and don't diet. I love sweating in yoga it feels good afterwards.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I hope we can become friends and share stories.
  • First name:Kristy

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: William(5)/Claire(7.5 weeks)

Pets: Lulu(Yellow Lab)

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Travel, Camping

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/21/2014

Starting Weight: 257

Present Weight: 257

Goal Weight: 199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up the foods I love!

Following any specific plan: Eating in moderation, and exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel more determined this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Margeaux (pronounced mahr-go)

Geographical location: Montgomery, Alabama

Marital Status: Single, but dating.

Children/Ages: No kids, and I don't plan on changing that at any point in my life.

Pets: Battlecat, a massive 30-lb, 7y.o. orange tabby. He's a complete mama's boy. Gus, a 3y.o. pitbull/great dane mix who is absolutely convinced that he's a lapdog, despite being nearly 100lbs. Gatsby, a 1y.o. purebred Treeing Walker Coonhound whose main interests are bellyrubs, frolicking, and getting into the garbage. Last, but certainly not least, Salem, a 1y.o. solid black cat who is a bit skittish around strangers, but the sweetest cat you've ever met once she gets to know you. They're all rescues, some from abusive homes, and they are all my babies. They completely own my heart.

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my animals, creative pursuits, hiking, kayaking, running, blogging, cooking, etc.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:Coppery-red hair, green eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around, 2-22-14.

Starting Weight: 161.4lbs

Present Weight: 155.8lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of willpower, still being in recovery from years of eating disorders (recovery never truly ends, as I'm sure some of you know).

Following any specific plan: As of right now, I'm recovering from a back injury, so nothing. But usualy, running 2x a week, eating as well as possible, and making healthier choices in everyday life. Soon, my main partner (I have several, I'm polyamorous, and happy to answer any questions about this) and I will be starting Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred and following a meal plan to go with that.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My career is on the line this time. It's already suffered because I live somewhere that doesn't have a very high demand for models. That being the case, it's absolutely imperative that I find an agency as soon as I can. No agency will take me in my present shape, so I have to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I absolutely need to make friends for support and accountability (plus making friends is just fun), so if you want to chat, PLEASE message me! I don't really have many friends, despite being an extrovert, because the people in my town are just soul-crushingly dull. So let's be friends!
  • My profile
    First name: Betsey

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two cats that stay with the ex

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Volleyball, Family and friends.

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown :-)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It started over two years ago and has been on and off. (Restarting today 2/25/14)

Starting Weight: 232.2lbs

Present Weight: 189.2lbs

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating and tracking

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I'm single now (which makes a big difference) and just am sick of how I feel. I have had lots of health issues and know its time to get on track.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very open and honest and love chatting! Any new friends would be warmly welcomed! :-)
  • First name: Cassidy
    Geographical location: Texas
    Pets: 3 dogs
    Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, baking, bowling, biking, running (trying to make it one!)
    Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2009
    Starting Weight: 210
    Present Weight: 215-218
    Goal Weight: 150
    Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating chocolate..... sticking through plateaus.
    Following any specific plan: Not sure yet.
    What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will win.
    Anything else you would like to share with us: Lets keep each other on track.
  • First name: Kristina

Geographical location: California

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Photography! Reading, Love movies, being with my family

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1st

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthy and eating way less bad foods

Following any specific plan: Still looking

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want this for me

Anything else you would like to share with us: Would love to become friends with anyone on here
  • First name: Olivia

Geographical location:
    Kentucky, US

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: No pets.

Hobbies/Interests: reading and writing, video games, drawing, and sewing

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For this time around, February 10, 2014.

Starting Weight: 299lbs

Present Weight: 291lbs (since my weigh-in last Monday)

Goal Weight: Ultimately 160. We'll see as I approach that goal.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and a bad knee from a previous injury.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and cardio/weight training three to five times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have friends to do it with this time around. I think that will definitely help keep me motivated. I also feel as if, for one time in my life, I'm doing this for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: One goal of mine is to lose a couple of dress sizes by the time June rolls around so that I can fit into some new garb for the Renaissance Faire I attend every summer! I would also like to be able to ride all the rollercoasters I want sometime within the next year or so.
  • First name:Elly

Geographical location: Virginia/tennessee

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:none

Pets:a cat and 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests:Anything that grabs my interest

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown with old dyed tips lol

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/13

Starting Weight:310

Present Weight:295

Goal Weight:200 then 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Will power

Following any specific plan: 4-5 meals a day. water every day no excuses. meal prep when necessary

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:My mind is a lot more focused and motivated, Not half assing and then falling off, im all in now.
  • Hey all!
    First name: Miriel

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Not married, in a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets:My boyfriend's cat Nebula aka Demon Cat aka Ninja

Hobbies/Interests: Foodie

Height:5'2

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long long time ago, I can still remember

Starting Weight:145

Present Weight:145

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightless: Going our

Following any specific plan:Not yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Being part of a group

Anything else you would like to share with us:Nope! haha

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Sadly, none

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, Travel, Cooking, Music, Walking, Camping

Eye/Hair Colour: Blue/Dark Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/09/14

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion Control

Following any specific plan: Eating a balanced meal, starting to track calories and weigh food, working out with a trainer twice a month but going to the gym 4-5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually keeping myself accountable. This the first time I've weighed THIS much and it's scary and i don't want health problems and I don't want to die young. I want to be health, and to fit into beautiful clothes and to play soccer again.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Lauren

Geographical location:
    Delaware

Marital Status: Not married, living with partner

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 cats!

Hobbies/Interests:
    Anything outdoors - especially hiking and canoeing

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    Feb. 2013

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight:

Goal Weight: 160 (Aiming for 180 by the end of 2014, I like smaller goals but I *think* my end goal is 160...)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Realizing that it TAKES TIME!

Following any specific plan: I started following the 5:2 "diet" (I call it a way of life!) in August 2013

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've ever done any sort of "diet" plan. And I am incredibly motivated by wanting to get fit for hiking in the Rockies this summer, after a miserable experience during a hike to summit a mountain in the Adirondacks last year. That was when I realized THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. If I can't do what I love without feeling like I'm going to die, then what's the point?

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my first post and I am looking forward to having a community to share with.
  • First name: Heather

Geographical location: the Southeast

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 2.5

Pets: A dog & A goldfish

Hobbies/Interests: crochet, cooking, DIY & crafts

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Pink (naturally strawberry blonde, although I haven't seen it in years)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/2013

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: mini goal is out of the 200's by July 4th. I think I'll be satisfied somewhere between 150-175.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love of sweets, and a hubby who loves to eat anything & everything!

Following any specific plan: Just TDEE with certain amounts of protein/ carbs per day (roughly 130 g max per day of each)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not trying to take the easy route- I have previously used supplements, crash diets, etc- this time I'm okay with the amount of time it's taken (most days) and I'm trying to love myself more at every stage

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm wearing skinny jeans today. In the same size I was before I got pregnant. (!!!!) Also, I have Ulcerative Colitis, Hydradenitis Suppuritiva (inflammatory skin condition), and have struggled with mental health disorders. I am currently aiming to lose weight and be healthier so I can have a healthy pregnancy when my H & I try for a second.
  • Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information.

First name: Emily

Geographical location: upstate sc

Marital Status: married

Pets: 2 dogs, 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: making pottery on potters wheel, gardening, reading

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/10/14

Starting Weight: 219

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it!

Following any specific plan: eat less move more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: most to lose this time...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to have found such a great group of encouraging motivated people!

Geographical location: Taiwan

Marital Status: single

Occupation: lady of leisure, work a few hours in a restaurant once a week

Pets: beagle

Hobbies/Interests: art, nature, cooking, kayaking, snorkeling, fashion

Eye/Hair Color:black/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/21/14

Starting Weight: 130 lb

Present Weight: 130 lb

Goal Weight: I don't know

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: moral support

Following any specific plan: taking intense cycling class at the gym, working out twice a day, following Eating Well's meal plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this is my first time

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't know :-)