Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Default Can't wait to get skinny again!

A year ago I was quite happy at 128-ish and still loosing (my goal then was 115). Unfortunately I'm up to 155-ish atm. It just sort of happened, lol lots of stress this past year.. blah blah blah.

Anyway, I was going to try Eat To Live because the fast weight loss sounded so appealing but after one day I don't think it's for me at this time in my life. So I'm going back to my stand-by Intermittent Fasting. I'm going to do two 24 hour fasts a week, Eat Stop Eat style.

More ----> too

I'm excited to get back into all my cute clothes too. They'll be no need to go shopping since I'm stuffed into any of my clothes I can wear and still look reasonably presentable.

Just wanted to make my public proclamation. I need to start hanging around here more, such great energy and motivation.. thanks for reading!

Last edited by Kasey87; 06-13-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230 (104kg) / 170 (77kg)

Height: 5'11" (180 cm)

Way To Go Kasey!! You're On Your Way!
GuiriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #3  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I understand fully! I was down to 130 or so but unfortunately am back up to 150ish now. I regained out of pure loss on control though, it was so easy to just go back to all the old crap food.

I have been on track for 3 days now and am feeling so much better! Calorie counting and exercising 5-6 days a week, 1 of those days being a "light" day like yoga or a long walk. I to am excited about the prospect of actually hitting my goal this time, my end goal was 115 to!

If you need any support, hit me up, we are in the same place and I know I could always use extra support.

Congrats on getting started again! Welcome back.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #4  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

I hear you! I got down to 132 last summer through calorie counting and exercise. Then my husband came home from deployment, we moved twice, and life (and food!) got in the way. I made my way back up to 148 and am now on my way back down. I bought a ton of cute summer shorts last year, so now that I'm just a couple of pounds up, it's been fun "shopping" through my closet and drawers.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #5  

Thank you for the encouraging words GuiriGirl!

Isis and OhThePlaces- we should start a club! we all have such similar stats

Isis- you sound like you're doing amazing! Yoga and walking are my two favorite exercises. I like doing HIIT on the elliptical and cardio DVDs. I'm incorporating a lot more fruits and veggies into my diet, trying to mostly fill up on the good stuff.

I too am looking forward to reaching my actual goal weight finally, and staying there. My hope is that when I get there and Life inevitably happens, as it always seems to do, I can nip it in the bud more quickly then I did this time.

Let's all have an amazing weight loss summer!

OhThePlaces- I'm here with u in this FL heat so I need to be able to wear less clothes lol
Old 06-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #6  
Pain Is Fuel

I would love a club, you can never have enough support and we are all very close in stats.

My fiance tried to rope me into eating crappy last night. In his eyes because I have my period I'm "allowed" to eat whatever I want and it doesn't count lol Men.... Glad to report I refused! Food = 0 || Isis = 1

It sounds like your doing superb! HIIT is a hard work out, I try to do it on the treadmill a couple times a week. I hear you about not falling into the same old re-lose, re-gain cycle, trying to stop that myself!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #7  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I understand you OP. I'm really excited to be counting calories and exercising to get skinny. I can't wait to wear small cute girly clothes.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #8  

Good job on resisting temptation Isis. Keep it up! Do you plan treats or just take them as they come?

I have finally accepted losing a little slower so I can allow myself to stay thin permanently. Staying too rigid kind of makes me go nuts and give things up completely.

Energie- me too!! Lately clothes and fashion have been so inspiring to keep me motivated. I of course "shop" in my own closet for things I want to wear again (a lot!) and I love looking at outfits on pinterest, and websites of clothing companies I like.

How often do u ladies weigh? I'm doing weekly weigh-ins on Mondays. Can't wait to check mine this Mon. because I already am feeling a lot thinner.

Hope everyone's having a fantastic day
Old 06-16-2012, 02:13 AM   #9  
Just Keep on Running

Kasey, I weigh in on Mondays as well! Hope your weigh in goes well. Approximately, how many pounds are you trying to lose every week?

I also enjoy looking at clothes on clothing websites online, I looove it.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #10  

Thanks energie! I feel like I've lost a little. I don't mind slow and steady for now so I don't really have a weekly goal. As long as the number is going down.

How about you?

We have pretty much the same goal.. have you ever been at that weight? I was there in highschool when I was much more active.

I may be moving to a new city this year (fingers crossed!) and it's much more walkable then where I am now, so I'm really looking forward to that. I love walking and I've found it to be very effective for weight loss.

Hope you're having a nice weekend
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #11  
Pain Is Fuel

Hi Kasey!
I don't plan on treats. I just face them as they come usually. I am not being a strict as I was before gaining the weight back because I think my deprivation (well the feeling) is a big part of the reason I started gaining again. I went CRAZY on all the foods I had "banned" myself from prior.

I weigh every day since it helps keep me on track but I only use the official weight every Monday. This Monday however I am skipping due to being on my period because I bloat like a crazy women lol
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #12  
Just Keep on Running

Kasey- I got down to 138/139, 2 years ago. I cant wait to get back there and then to 120. What was it like for you at 120?

Isis- So you do daily weigh ins? Does it keep you motivated?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #13  
Pain Is Fuel

Energie - Yeah I weigh myself every morning, first thing before eating or drinking anything. Daily weigh in's help keep me accountable. It kind of acts as a reminder of my goals every single morning, I find when I don't weigh in every day I tend to slip up more. If you are sensitive to what the scale shows then it mights not work for you though. The number is always rising and falling and sometimes it gets frustrating. I had to learn not to be so easily derailed by the numbers.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis21 View Post
I am not being a strict as I was before gaining the weight back because I think my deprivation (well the feeling) is a big part of the reason I started gaining again. I went CRAZY on all the foods I had "banned" myself from prior.
Same here! The weight loss might not be as fast but I'm trying to remind myself that it will be worth it because it will be a permanent lifestyle change. Trying to stay balanced and stick with a way of eating I'm comfortable with. Man, I never thought I'd say that lol

Anyway.. lost 1 pound this week
Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #15  

energie- In highschool I was pretty tiny, looking back anyway, at the time I had a weird complex that I was chubby but I actually looked great. It was all in my head so I can't really say I felt too great at that weight, but I like the way I look in pictures from then.

I can say that last summer when I weighed 130 I was loving it! My clothes all looked really flattering and somewhat loose yet still still form fitting (if that makes sense?) I felt really good and confident. Looking forward to that feeling again.