Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Default Small victory for myself

So, I've been off and on with my dieting, and kind of gave up when I plateaued around 195, and unfortunately ballooned back up to 230. So I went back to counting calories about a week ago, and doing really good with not binge eating with stress and emotions - until today, I thought I was going to relapse. My sister is pregnant with her 3rd child, and the gender u/s was today. She told my mom the sex of the baby, but I had to find out through facebook. I don't know why it made me so upset and why it got to me, but it really did. I kind of felt that I was tossed to the side and didn't deserve the courtesy as a sister to find out from my sister that I was going to have my first nephew (which I am really excited about. I only have nieces. My family is full of girls! I'm glad to have a little boy coming!), and had to find out with all of her friends on facebook. So, in my emotional state, I wanted to binge on bad foods. I thought about Taco Bell and Hardee's and Arby's. I thought about not cooking dinner and just going out to eat and not caring, because I was upset - but I didn't. I knew I would be mad at myself tomorrow if I did that. So I stuck to my calorie goal, made the dinner I planned on, and thankfully my friend was around to listen to my text rants about how upset I was, so I got to blow off some steam. But this is a victory for me - to not binge eat, but honestly, just last week, that's exactly what I would have done. Hopefully I can continue on with this will power - because sometimes it seems that I can lack that around food
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #2  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

You should be very proud that you avoided a binge. Congrats on your victory.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #3  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Way to go and congratulations, Auntie! I kinda know the feeling...I was the only one in my family living out of state when my niece was born in December, so I was calling for updates all over the place. I was working nights, so I wanted to be around at least for moral support and asked on my last call whether it was okay if I came and sat in the waiting room or if it would stress my sister-in-law out more to have people hanging around. When my brother responded with "I don't see why it would...Dad and Ron have been here for two hours already," I almost blew my top. The baby was born halfway through my ride down to CT, but luckily no one was allowed into the recovery room until after I managed to get there.

Chalk it up to your sister being too excited to think straight...I'm sure that it wasn't meant as a personal attack. I mean, how could it be? You're clearly awesome if you're able to look temptation in the face and kick it in the teeth! Keep up the good work and then in a few months post pictures of your new nephew and his sexy, slim aunt!

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 06-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote