3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Back to school challenge anybody? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/258526-back-school-challenge-anybody.html)

spiritualflow 05-06-2012 11:40 PM

Back to school challenge anybody?

Hey guys! So I'm going into my 3rd year of University of September, and I want to return with a BANG! I think it would be awesome to be back in shape come September. Any other students out there who want to join me? or anybody else who wants to start a 4 month challenge? I'd love the support. I want to loose 24 pounds by September, that's like 6lbs a MONTH! It should be easy! but I need a ton of support because I am prone to giving up. Bottom line - 4 months is A LOT of time we could be using to get in shape!

EDIT:

So it's official! We're doing this together! Look at how many of us are in this together!! 49 so far :)

Kristi22
OhThePlaces
Suzll
ValRock
caramelkitty
munchievictim
kimminy
aleksandra
Princess of the KING
Atarimae
bama girl
SweetPeach3388
delyn
MathGeek
glittergation
rockbanjo
Blcarter84
Tyler90az
summerlove
kitkat1218
psychedout
ChouKoe
ilovemo
abejune23
CkM
chocoholic21
jayferks
Bloopers
fatbookworm
neenie
magsabags
t0rn
TheVikingNinja
PeaceNLove
Linkovicha
jessica2231
ADL
pinksparkles
toastedsmoke
Katbot24
celticrae19
Dreamer2012
aka8941
raspberry13
bluebird19
my2cats
Rocki
redrose8988

*EDIT* HERE IS A LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2U0OG9HMzZuRlE

Please enter all the info EXCEPT THE %'s, they will automatically be entered. If you're new just add your info at the bottom :) And PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF ON THIS THREAD! If you don't I will remove your name within a week of you putting it there :)The start date has to be any date after May 6th, since that was the day this thread was created. Your end date can be ANYTHING you want, we are all in this together, but since we all start school on different days, put down what's right for you. As for your starting weight, it should be whatever weight you began with on your starting day of this challenge.

Also, you do NOT have to be in the 20's, so if you know any other members in other forums please invite them :) And I know not many people are big on posting regularly on the forums, but I would love it if everybody could try to check in onto the forum and update us about your life once a week or so, because we really are here for support and care about you!!

Kristi22 05-07-2012 11:55 AM

I would love to join you! I'm trying to lose 20-25 pounds as well! I used to belong to a forum similar to this, and these kinds of competitions helped tremendously!

spiritualflow 05-07-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi22 (Post 4323946)
I would love to join you! I'm trying to lose 20-25 pounds as well! I used to belong to a forum similar to this, and these kinds of competitions helped tremendously!

That's great Kristi22! Yea, I think these kind of challenges will benefit me too. I just gotta plan out a workout plan. What are you planning to do in terms of excercise and nutrition? I think I am going to start by drinking lots of water every day (at least 4 glasses, which is alot for me, I am probably extremely dehydrated because I haven't drank water on a daily basis in YEARS) and also excercise at least 3 times a week, but I hope I can do 6. But realistically I know that I probably cant just jump into it! But I don't see any harm in trying right?

I'm debating if I should focus on weight loss or fitness right now. I notice how lots of fitness programs combine the two, which I totally understand, muscle confusion etc. But I think I would feel happy just loosing the weight then working on my muscles. So maybe a cardio:muscle workouts should be 2:1 for now? That way I can probably tone up a tad bit and not have lose skin (well I hope that doesn't happen since I'm only losing 20-25 pounds... but who knows :S) What do you think?

OhThePlaces 05-07-2012 12:13 PM

I'd like to join! Though I'm not a student, but a teacher. ;)

This is my first year back at school after 3.5 years at home with my two toddlers. I want to finally be at goal, buy all new work clothes and feel awesome. (Ok, am I showing my age here? I'm at the higher end of "20-something," 28 this month. lol)

spiritualflow 05-07-2012 02:58 PM

That's awesome OhThePlaces! I'm in university right now training to become a high school teacher, so I appreciate your motivation to get fit! And 28 is still young!!

Suzll 05-07-2012 04:10 PM

This sounds great! I wanna join!
I'm going into my fourth year in August and this little competition/challenge will help me reach my first mini goal: to look good for the new semester!

spiritualflow 05-07-2012 04:15 PM

Welcome aboard Suzll!! I love your mini goal :)

So I've personally decided to start tomorrow, May 8th, because I start my summer job that day! so why not kickstart it with a workout! Except I'm probably going to do it at night, because I need a shower and my shower is broken... so I'm planning on showering at somebody's house tomorrow morning (work is at 11am, gotta leave at 9:45). But still, IT WILL HAPPEN!

So what's everybody studying/teaching? Just out of curiosity :) I'm in a music education program, studying to become a high school music teacher.

ValRock 05-07-2012 04:28 PM

I graduate in September, but I'd love to join!!!

I want to lose 12 lbs by then. That's 3 lbs a month... a stretch for me, but I'll dream :).

Good luck everyone!!

Suzll 05-07-2012 04:30 PM

Thanks spiritualflow!

Well this is finals week for me so I have 4 more final exams and then I move into my apartment of Friday, so I plan on starting my exercise routine on Saturday! In the meantime I'm working on portion control and planing on what I'm going to be cooking myself over the summer.

I'm a biology major, so lots of science for me; I have a couple music major friends, it sounds fun! =)

caramelkitty 05-07-2012 04:39 PM

I'm not going back to school (maybe? I dunno lol) But my birthday is in September, I'd love to be at goal or way past that point by then!! :)

Good luck to all!!

munchievictim 05-07-2012 05:02 PM

Me me :) I'm in other challenges but they are all pretty much ending in September so I don't see why I can't overlap? Lol.
I'll be in school over the summer as well as in the fall but I'm getting my second round of lab tests done in September. The first ones showed me basically prediabetic, with high cholesterol in addition to my high blood pressure. Needless to say, I really want the next test to go better.
I've got a French final in like two hours wish me luck! After that, one more to go and then I've got a couple of weeks of sweet freedom! Lol.
Oh and, I'm an English major studying to hopefully be college professor of creative writing, or maybe just write, if I get so lucky :)
Lots of liberal arts chickas in here! :hug:

spiritualflow 05-07-2012 05:27 PM

That's awesome ValRock!! Let's do this!! I think 3lb's a month should be manaegable at the very least! Glad to have you aboard!

Suzll, Biology sounds pretty fun, I never took it in high school and I kind of wish I did :) Good Luck with finals! And cooking for yourself will help ALOT! I really wish I was in 100% control of what I eat, but I live on welfare and can't always buy all the healthy foods. But I try!

caramelkitty, Birthday goals are the BEST! My bday is August 5th, and I hope I'm AT LEAST in the normal BMI range by then, but hopefully I'll be closer to my ultimate goal than that. Glad to have you on board!

munchievictim, the more support the better right? :) I hope your next tests go better too! And, I see you've already lost some weight which is amazing! You're already on the right track. Good luck with that French final!

Wow I'm so excited to do this with everybody! When I posted this thread I didn't expect so many responses, so I'm pretty excited! :)

kimminy 05-08-2012 01:25 AM

I'll get in on this! I'd like to just be lighter and healthier by September!
I also want to play more squash. Work has been impeding on my squash playing so I need to find more time for it.
I'm going to school in the summer as well as in fall and I'll hopefully be graduating this next spring with a degree in Anthropology and Sociology. :)

aleksandra 05-08-2012 01:22 PM

hey ValRock I'm just being corious ... could you please tell me what your plan for this challenge will be?
I'm really struggling to lose the last 10-15 pounds over the last 4 (!) months and this challenge would be great for me but i have no idea what to do!

I work out in the morning 4-6 times a week (I have a journal in my sig).
My regular day would be:
B: 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and jelly
L: some wholegrain pasta+veggie sauce; indian/thai/chinese sauce+rice; potatoes with veggies; blackbeans+sauce; etc
S: weeeeeell to be honest i had the bad habit of getting some chocolate and i've started cutting that of! so now for about 2 weeks i have some nuts for my snack (about 2 handfulls)
D: yoghurt or fruit youghurt with some cereal or lineseeds

i'm a vegetarian.

Kristi22 05-08-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritualflow (Post 4323974)
That's great Kristi22! Yea, I think these kind of challenges will benefit me too. I just gotta plan out a workout plan. What are you planning to do in terms of excercise and nutrition? I think I am going to start by drinking lots of water every day (at least 4 glasses, which is alot for me, I am probably extremely dehydrated because I haven't drank water on a daily basis in YEARS) and also excercise at least 3 times a week, but I hope I can do 6. But realistically I know that I probably cant just jump into it! But I don't see any harm in trying right?

I'm debating if I should focus on weight loss or fitness right now. I notice how lots of fitness programs combine the two, which I totally understand, muscle confusion etc. But I think I would feel happy just loosing the weight then working on my muscles. So maybe a cardio:muscle workouts should be 2:1 for now? That way I can probably tone up a tad bit and not have lose skin (well I hope that doesn't happen since I'm only losing 20-25 pounds... but who knows :S) What do you think?

Spiritualflow, this is an incredibly motivational amount of participants to return to! I'm excited now! As for my workout, I will be attempting the workout program Insanity. I've heard it's insane (hehe) but I am desperate at this point and am in the mood to do something drastic.

As for nutrition, I want to be consistent with my meals and eat approximately 1500 calories a day with an increase of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and a decrease of cheese. Cheese is my weakness. It's going to be a sad sad day when I have to eat it as a luxury and not as a condiment! Oh well! It's worth it! Your plan to drink way more water is also something I need to do, and I'm thinking about making this easier/more fun by getting a really awesome water bottle. It's the simple things in life...

When I was in high school I lost around 20 pounds, and you should not have to worry about loose skin. I also mostly focused on weight loss and not building muscle, BUT toning does actually help to lose weight faster. You don't need to do anything crazy, and the 2:1 ratio seems like it would work well! I'm certainly not a professional or anything, though, and maybe focusing only on losing weight first will get you motivated to start toning up once you are seeing the results!

I want to start this now, guys, but all of my closest friends are graduating on Sunday, and I won't be officially home until Wednesday. Since classes are done and nobody has anything going on any more what else is there to do than drink? ...All day ...Every day. Ugh I can't wait to be alcohol free this summer!

Princess of the KING 05-08-2012 08:52 PM

I'd love to join! I want to lose 15 pounds by then! We go back the last week in August :( We are going from quarters to semesters so my summer is super short! :(

munchievictim 05-08-2012 09:31 PM

Spiritualflow- my dads birthday is August 5th! Mine is may 26, so I don't have huge goals for then, but I'd like to be in the 230's.

I guess I didn't post my goals! I want to be 220 by the end of this challenge. We go back around aug. 16th but I'm going to use my next dr appointment in August as my finish line. That would put me lower than I've ever weighed in this dr office's records- my lowest there is 228. I also think that will give me a good shot at having much better blood work.
That's 27 lbs from today. I think I can do it. Another goal of the summer is to use my reduced class load to get centered and healthy in mind as well as body. I want to stay consistently on plan (which for me means getting back on as soon as I get off, even if I fall off three times a week) and do a lot more yoga, and maybe even join a yoga class! I have a little social anxiety And the thought of a group workout with strangers scares me right now. I want to overcome that this summer.
Right now my knee is swollen and hurts, so I'm doing upper body exercises today.
Is everyone on plan and going strong?

Should we do a daily weigh in or food log?
I

spiritualflow 05-08-2012 10:31 PM

kimminy - thats great! I've never played squash, but my boyfriend works at GoodLife Fitness and thinks its okay. And cool, my minor is in Anthro, psych and soc.

aleksandra - I hope that means your joining the challenge!

Kristi22 - LOL Yea, its TOTALLY motivational :D I commend your braveness in trying Insanity, I'm too afraid to try P90X.. but mainly because I don't have a pullup bar, or resistant bands to replace them. Good Luck! Also, do you know a site where I could find out how many calories I should be eating a day? And water bottles help SO much. If you're used to drinking pop, fill up a pop bottle with water, you'll mistake it for pop 100 times a day, and "accidentally" drink water, but also get used to it. It kinda helps too! You high school story is encouraging, thanks! And yes, drink now, then go sober! Lol I don't think I'm going to drink, EXCEPT MY BDAY. I haven't celebrated a bday since I was 16 and I really need to this year.

Princess of the KING - Thanks for joining!

munchivictim - wow I don't think I've met anybody with the same bday as me. I might try doing yoga at least once a week. After I'm done posting this I'm going to ecercise and then write about it! yay! I think we should do a daily weigh in and food log, keeps us accountable in all areas.

It's great to have so many people on board!! I'm so excited. I came back from a full day of work 11am-9pm and I'm BEAT! But because of all of you I'm going to get off my *** and work out! It's probably only going to be 30 minutes, but its better than nothing!! I'll write about my day when it's done! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

spiritualflow 05-09-2012 12:42 AM

OKAY!

So Today was my first day of work! woo! And also my first day working out! woo!

Food:

Breakfast - a bowl of oatmeal crisp/milk

Lunch - Burger King original chicken sandwich combo (BAD BAD IDEA. I also got a stomach ache. I haven't eaten alot of fast food recently and now I'm having issues eating it.)

Dinner - a banana... lol. and a cup of koolaid

Workout: 30 minutes playing DDR (dance dance revolution) I sweat like a pig, and the machine told me I burned JUST under 250 calories! not bad for 30 minutes I think?

Goals for the rest of the week: NO FAST FOOD! (this shouldn't be hard, I only ate today because I didn't have food at home to eat, and I only had 5 bucks and BK is the only place I can get alot of food for 5 bucks... I have a huge pot of home made hamburger helper that will last a week) I need to drink at least 2 cups of water a day, and NO KOOL AID, maximum 1 cup a day of that stuff.

According to MyFitnessPal: I need to eat 1200 calories a day to lose the weight I want. I'll try for 1200-1300, because I think 1200 is too low. But today I ate 1,735 calories :( half of which was my lunch. But I hope to not eat there again, soooo yea :) I also ate 250g carbs (37 grams over), 67g fat (16g over), 42g protein (16g under) I've never tracked my calories before so this is really enlightening. So food wise... today was not good! I hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Atarimae 05-09-2012 12:57 AM

Hey everyone! I've decided that in order for me to go anywhere and regain that motivation that I constantly lose, I need to join some sort of challenge. So here I am after a few months of not logging in.

I don't start school until October, as the school I'm enrolling in this coming fall is on a quarter-based schedule. That gives me 5 months to reach my goal of 25 pounds. Truthfully, I would like to push for more than this, but I tend to give up easily if I notice things are moving at a slower pace than I want.

Through this challenge, I would definitely like to limit myself on SODA. This is my deal breaker right here. I really would like to drink as little as one can a day, but because I've lately been tanking it like it's water, if I can stick to an absolute maximum of two, that would be acceptable. Of course, I will push for the one can a day rule as much as possible. That said, anyone on here have tips for people like me who must have some form of carbonation in their drinks? I don't really drink soda for the caffeine or sugar - it's mostly because I love the bubbly carbonation. Haha.

As far as exercise goes, I'm honestly SUUUCH a lazy bum. I'm striving for 5 times a week for a minimum of half an hour a day.

Finally, I have one mini goal set that I'd like to fit my favorite pair of bermuda shorts from high school.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts! Let the sweat and suffering (hey, I like my bad foods too!) begin.

:)

spiritualflow 05-09-2012 10:10 AM

Atarimae - WELCOME!! - I'm sure you will find a lot of support here, as well as advice! As for the pop problem (we call it pop here), I was the same as you, drinking it like water, and drinking NO water :( I have since then stopped, and I still drink maybe... once or twice a week? I have 2 tips for you:

1. Have you tried carbonated water? There's regular and flavoured water, and it still has that bubbly effect, however I'm not sure how healthy the flavoured water is, but it could be a middle step, so check it out! I love that stuff, but I don't buy bottled water anymore.

2. I found that I was ALWAYS carrying around a pop bottle, all day at school. So what I did was I tricked myself by filling an empty one with water. So when I reached for my pop, I'd take a few sips and be like "aw crap it's water :(" But I'm thirsty, so I'll drink a bit anyways. I may not drink alot, but in tricking myself I could drink up to a full bottle of water by accident! Which is still better than none at all.

I hope that helps!!

Kristi22 05-09-2012 11:25 AM

Atarimae, I was going to say the same thing as SpiritualFlow. They do have carbonated water that's pretty good and comes in all kinds of flavors. These are usually in the water aisle at the grocery store. They have 0 calories, which is definitely good for us dieters, but the carbonation, as with all carbonated beverages, makes you feel bloated and the artificial sweeteners can actually cause you to have higher cravings for real sweet food (soda included). I personally love them, though, and I think they can work well as a substitute!

SpiritualFlow, it looks like you maybe found one?! They have a bunch of websites with BMI calculators that will tell you. I feel like I read that you and I were around the same weight (156 pounds), and height (5'4") with the same general goals, so I think you should try for closer to 1300 calories a day or maybe even a little more since you're going to be very active. I tried 1200 once and immediately went back up to 1500 because I wasn't reaching my goal and felt like I wasn't doing well enough. And I love food and 300 calories can be something really tastey! :)

As for Munchievictim's idea, I think doing some kind of consistent weigh-in would be good. Daily has the potential to put me in a bad mood if I don't see the results I want, but for others it helps them stay on track. What does anyone else think? We could do a required weekly weigh-in and daily food journals (and weigh-in for those that prefer)? Will people forget if the weigh-ins are that spread apart?

spiritualflow 05-09-2012 11:57 AM

I think thats a good idea, daily food/exercise and weekly weigh-ins. :)

bama girl 05-09-2012 12:07 PM

I'd love to join you all! I think I can hit my goal weight before I go back to Alabama, but I need something to keep me accountable.

caramelkitty 05-09-2012 12:14 PM

heyyy i hope everyone is having a great day! :) I weighed in at 160 this morning, which would mean I'd only have 15 to go, but then I got curious and weighed again after my shower, and it said 161.8.... i'll write down the highest amount but walk around with pride that i saw 160 lololol

Atarimae I agree with everyone about the carbonated water, I personally don't like pop, unless it's cream soda, so I didn't have a hard time letting it go, but carbonated water tastes great!!

Munchievictim & Kristi22 I`m down for weighing in weekly as well as dropping in daily to let each other know how everything is going!

spiritualflow 05-09-2012 12:18 PM

Hey Bama Girl! Welcome to the club :p

SweetPeach3388 05-09-2012 01:18 PM

I'd like to get in on this. I was doing so well in the winter, but then this semester got really busy and I fell off the bandwagon. BUT I'm starting my 3rd and final year of law school at the end of August and I'd love to go back to school with a little more confidence!!!

munchievictim 05-09-2012 07:03 PM

Ugh finals week and a busted knee! I'm trying to get some strength training in but it's not going super great lol.
I'm eating low carb but today I cycled up. I've been well below 50g carbs every day but today I'm at about 100g.
I had 6 hot wings and like 5 French fries for brunch, a pb&j sandwich for late lunch and I'm having cheese and hot sauce nachos for dinner. Cheese and turkey pepperoni for snacks.
1590 calories. I shoot for 1600 a day and lose steadily when I'm allowed to move.

Kristi22 05-09-2012 07:23 PM

I went on a short hike with my friends today, so that's my exercise of the day. I was just happy to get out of the house and get outside and moving! As for my food...

Breakfast - 2 pieces of toast with 2 fried eggs
Lunch - Half of a DELICIOUS cafe ham sandwich on rye. My first experience with sprouts on a sandwich, and I am in love! I also had a little too many kettle cooked chips.
Dinner - The other half of my sandwich, and....

That's all I've eaten so far, but I need to get some more food in me or else I'll come home ravaging after the bars and eat everything in sight.

I keep thinking about what everyone's reactions will be to a skinnier and healthier me returning to school next summer, and it gets me so motivated!!

ValRock 05-09-2012 07:30 PM

Munchievictim: You can do it!!! That's the key, you just have to get up each time you fall! Yoga is awesome. All the classes here are at times I can't manage with my kids... I REALLY want to do it, though! I've struggled with social anxiety too, but people in yoga classes have always been so nice, in my experience. Just do it! Build some muscle, and that knee will stop giving you problems :). I'm down for weekly weigh in's and daily food. My weight is all over the place day to day so a daily weigh in would be hard for me to pin down.

Spiritualflow: I'm Majoring in Soc with a minor in Anthro :). Good for you for sucking it up and getting your workout in!

Good luck at your new job! And Koolaid?!! GAHHH Girl, toss it out!!! That stuff is straight up sugar poison. You don't need it!

Atarimae:Stick with the board, it's so motivating! Can you handle selzer water? I like it with a little bit of lime juice. Helps the fizz craving without all the calories.

You are not a lazy bum, you can do this!

Ok I messed up my post and missed a bunch of people. I'll get the hang of this, eventually. Sorry!

My classes are out for a 3 week break :carrot: but my kids are still in school, so I had some time to myself this morning. I was going to run some errands... but am frankly burned out on day to day life so I stayed around here. My apartment complex has a sad little fitness center but it's better than nothing, and I was too lazy to drive to the gym today. I ran a mile on the treadmill, did upper body weights, and swam a few laps in the pool... then I laid around in the sun for a couple hours reading. It was a good battery recharge :D

I am an IF'er so I haven't eaten yet. I have big plans for a chicken breast and some zuchinni... as soon as I get the kiddos settled for the night.

I really wish my daughter hadn't eaten all the blackberries!!! :mad:

munchievictim 05-09-2012 08:08 PM

Kristy22- I love kettle chips. Lol. I felt that it was perfectly within my rights to eat a bag of Cape Cod Salt and Vinegar Kettle chips every day. My right, maybe, but still a bad idea. They're amazing though, I can't have just one or just a few! More like "just the whole bag." lol. I haven't had any for while. Sigh.

Valrock- I know, I know my body loves exercise and bounces right back into fitness when I work it out, but *excusesexcusesblahblah*. I'm doing crunches and some hammer/bicep curls, tricep extensions, etc. anything that doesn't involve walking, which sucks right now. I'm so angry my knee is blown out, I was crying last night because I couldn't get comfortable and I had all this pent up energy because I didn't get to move around much at all yesterday. Mostly I was just frustrated that just as I was starting to get into the swing of exercise, I was severely limited.
Ooh my break starts tomorrow. I'm supposed to be wrapping up my last final paper right now lol. Im pretty much done it just needs to be typed up.
Your day sounds amazing and relaxing, I'm jealous. I don't think I've even been outside today, just studying and being laid up.

delyn 05-09-2012 11:07 PM

i'm a little late in joining, but i would love to join this challenge!

i'm starting grad school this september, so i would love to be 15lbs lighter by then (so around 135lbs). i usually workout 5days/week from anywhere to 1hr-2hrs depending on how i feel & what i'm doing for that day. my main exercise is running, which i do 3x/week, and the other days i do strength training & elliptical. i was thinking about moving strength training days to my running days though since i could strength train 3x/week instead of 2.

as for eating, i've recently gotten into IF, which works a lot better for me than eating throughout the day. however, i've been eating too little calories (usually around 1300, but sometimes i dont make it up to 1200) so i'm going to up to around 1500, and add in some calorie cycling.

i hope everyone is doing well so far! :D

munchievictim 05-10-2012 01:46 AM

Hey delyn :) welcome!
Omg guys. My final that I thought was due tomorrow was actually due yesterday! Luckily my teacher is fairly awesome and is letting me turn it in late, but I'm sure he'll take off points so now I have no idea where I stand in that class. I did not do super well this semester, I've been Fairly stressed out. I really hope my grades aren't low enough that I lose my scholarship. I didn't do completely awful, and I don't think they will be, but Im exhausted and a little freaked out.

On the other hand, I'm DONE. hallelu. :D

MathGeek 05-10-2012 11:16 AM

I would also like to join :) I've been pretty lack the last few months, stressing over school (I love, love, love math but sometimes it gets freaking hard :P ), and I'm so ready to look awesome for my third year at university!!!

I hope it's not too late to join :)

caramelkitty 05-10-2012 12:31 PM

mathgeek

It's never too late to join!!! :hug: welcome! :)

ValRock 05-10-2012 03:58 PM

munchievictim You can do it! I'm glad your prof. gave you the extra time. I hate it when stuff like that happens! No more Kettle Chips!! ;)

MathGeek Welcome! You can do it!

delyn Add some more strength training, you'll love the results! I do IF too, isn't it great?

I hope everyone is doing well! I grilled up some chicken and yellow squash for dinner last night. Then a friend posted a recipe for Greek Yogurt Tsatziki sauce and I had that with it. YUM. I wasn't all that hungry last night so I burned the rest of my calories on a big protein shake and a salad.

Got to the gym this morning and ran and lifted. I wasn't feeling that into it, but I powered through.

Spring grades came out this morning. I got straight A's and a B! I'll take it. OMG my 4 year old is driving me INSANE right now. She's been glued to my face wining about EVERYTHING. I need earplugs.

Atarimae 05-10-2012 04:25 PM

Welcome everyone who's joined! :hug: It's nice to see new faces.

Hm, I'm not the greatest at responding to everyone too; I guess it's something that'll take time getting used to.

Argh, it's really hard to stay on track on Wednesdays! I bowl in a league, which my team calls a "drinking league" so it's really hard to go by without drinking/eating not-so-well. :( Ah well, the main thing is I kept that in mind all day, so I didn't do as bad as I normally would.

Anywayyy, are you guys the type that lets the scale dictate your life (weigh in every day) or do you guys recommend the once a week/once a month type of thing? I've tried both and I prefer daily weigh ins, but I know that I also put much more pressure on myself that way. :S

spiritualflow 05-10-2012 08:10 PM

Hey Guys! I'm going to make a few posts here!

SweetPeach3388 - Wow congrats on being in your final year of law school! That's my goal too, is to go back to school with a little more confidence! Good luck to you and keep us posted!!

munchievictim - Ouch! I hope your knee feels better, I have torn cartilage in my right knee, which -knock on wood- has not bothered me in about 6 months now! But I know how much knee pains hurt :( Good luck with finals! OH also, I'm sure you know this, but swimming is SOOOO good for you! Especially with injured knees! I LOVE the water, no matter how much I hate how I look in a bathing suit!! I swim lengths for about 40 minutes, or I used to last year, but I need to start doing it again! Do you like swimming?

Kristi22 - I haven't been on a hike in ages! hope it was fun :) And yea! A skinnier me gets me TOTALLY motivated too! ESPECIALLY since I am a wind instrumentalists, which means if I get fit my lungs will be stronger. BUT ALSO my boyfriend works at Goodlife Fitness, and I really want to impress him and show him I can take matters into my own hands! He really wants to see that side of me, so me losing weight and going on a diet, AND not telling him, shows him that (I hope lol)

ValRock - I have never tried Yoga, I REALLY want to though. I have downloaded several workout series including P90X, and I will try the yoga video from that one day, maybe you could download a video? or if you don't feel safe with that, put together a channel on youtube of some yoga workouts! Then you can do it whenever YOU want :) I haven't drank any koolaid in 2 days btw!! :)! And sounds like you had a nice workout! Btw, what's an "IF'er"?

I will reply to the other messages in a second! I may seem annoying now :S but I really want to keep up the moral support for EVERY member of this thread :)

spiritualflow 05-10-2012 08:28 PM

delyn It's never too late! Seems like you're already pretty active, this should be a good goal for you! Welcome!

munchievictim - OMG sorry to hear that!! I hate when that happens :( I was so stressed out in first semester I ended up handing in ALL my assignments (12) on the last test day, and I was soooo happy he accepted them all! He was like "so your new years resolution must be to hand things in on time" and I got a good chuckle :) I'm sure you're grades will be fine :)

MathGeek - Welcome :) I agree, its NEVER to late!

ValRock - Congrats on the grades! I wish mine were as good as yours!!

Atarimae - It's good to hear you kept that in mind! Bowling leagues sound like fun though!! Personally, I do weekly, because your weight fluctuates so much every day, that it wouldn't be totally accurate. And also I don't have a digital scale, so unless I lose a pound I won't actually see anything. And even that is hard to see xD

Alrighty, I believe I replied to everybody :) Time to update you all on my life :)

So yesterday I had a big bowl of oatmeal crisp and a glass of milk... I think, for Breakfast. I had this homemade hamburger helper, consisting of bowtie and macaroni pasta, and ground beef and mushrooms, I also ate that for dinner. I may have only had 1 or 2 glasses of water, but at least all I drank was water right?? I think my calories were just under 1300, alot better than the 1700 I did the day before!

My second day at work was AMAZING! Because I got my first and second donations, AND I got the highest amount of donations that day! (yesterday) Woo! And today, I did a little better, but our office completed the whole day goal, in the morning shift only and then some!! It was a really good day! I also had a music rehearsal at a high school I'm helping out, it was pretty good too. Unfortunately yesterday I didn't workout, but I was SO tired. Tonight I think my bf is coming over, so hopefully I can get him to play ddr with me, if not I'll just wait till after he leaves! I should get better at scheduling in workouts though :S

Today's food, Breakfast - Oatmeal crisp and a glass of chocolate milk. No lunch :( and dinner was corn, roasted potatoes, and sole with a bit of parmasan cheese on top. SOOO GOOOD! I haven't looked into the calories, but it couldn't be THAT bad right? I also had another glass of chocolate milk at dinner.

THATS ALL! YAY!

glittergation 05-11-2012 12:00 AM

I want to join as well. Better late than never, right? My weight has been pretty stagnant but I've been eating like crazy lately. I stopped working out for the month of finals and restarted again. Taking time off=difficult to start but I'll get through it. My goal is to get to 170 by August 13 and then keep going from there. It doesn't seem like a lot for the large amount of time but it would put me into the healthy weight category and I'm kind of awful at weightloss. Mostly because I love food. Too much. Particularly, when I'm home for the summer (I'm doing a federal clerkship in the hometown so living with the fam) and have all kinds of goodies in the house. Oh well...I suppose its up to me to decide what I want more: fab publix walnut fudge brownies (Oh lawd...) or smoking hot bod. Anywho, luck to all :D