Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  
Instagram SWEET_MARIE27

S/C/G: 222/211.4/160

Height: 5'3

Default I WON, but now feel LOST more than ever!

At the beginning of the year friends and I decided to do a 90 day weight loss challenge. We had a facebook page set up to encourage each other through out the 12 weeks and we would post the % lost each week. We would have a princess of the week (for the person who lost more % that week) and an overall queen (for the person leading the board. Well I WON THE WHOLE THING. I lost 28 lbs and 13.5% of my weight. I got out of the plus section in forever 21 and actually had to buy a Medium shirt. I was so excited I went in with my $300 of my winning and bought so many cute outfits and shoes..I exercise at least 5 times a week and stayed on a great food plan, but ever since April the 1st. I have fell completely off the wagon, not holding on, not anything...I am OFF!!! HELP I need to find my motivation again. I have gain 5 lbs back and I want to keep going, but now I don't have a support system or any buddies to keep me accountable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg -28 lbs.jpg (19.5 KB, 32 views)
Dulo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Aww all be your buddy! I have a FB if you want to add me as a friend Sarah Lineberger Versace. I'm the same way pretty much gotta stay focused!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I have the same problem you do. If I put myself in a competitive state with weight loss I have no problem staying on plan because I HAVE to win. Once the competition is done, I fall off the wagon...because there isn't anyone to beat anymore.

So I've slowly had to train my brain that I'm doing this for me, not because it's a competition, not because theres a huge prize at the end, or the victory of beating my competition, and that this isn't a race. It's because in the end the ultimate goal is...being fit, and healthy and thats what we want right?

I don't really have a support system or much help I just do it on my own. I also have a friend who wants to lose weight (so with our eating we're supportive, but our workouts we enjoy two different things.) You have to be able to do it on your own. Sure it sucks not having that buddy system but in life you don't always have a buddy system sometimes you just have to do it on your own. This is one of those things. Don't think so much about it, just go do it. Get back to the gym (or however you were working out) and just stay on track with you meals.

You've seriously have had amazing progress and a great loss. Don't lose sight of that just because it's now just you.

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 04-18-2012 at 12:12 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #4  
threenorns

that's the problem when "losing weight" is the goal - it's too easy to say "right - that's done. " and figure it's BIA.

make a healthy lifestyle your goal - yes, you will still have to eat a regimented diet until you get the hang of eating maintenance levels and proper portions. it can take a long time - the recidivism rate is highest in the first two years.

once it's become a habit, then you'll be able to "just live" because you will have healthy eating ingrained as a habit.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

i just joined myfitnesspal.com its a great way to track your calories and exercise. it's got a sort of "newsfeed" so you can see what your buddies are up to and you can comment on stuff. i really like it so far. i'm on there as valalltogether!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #6  
Instagram SWEET_MARIE27

Thanks guys at momof3preemies I will look you up

At MizTaCCe you are so right...I can do this, its just hard to do it alone. I got down to 183 which is a number I haven't seen in over 8 years. I love the feeling of buying smaller clothes. I WILL BE GOING TO THE GYM TONIGHT!!! Thanks!!!

I use Lose it! on Iphone, I love it!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/245.5/170

CONGRATS ON WINNING THE CHALLENGE!!! WOOP WOOP!! If you would like you can also add me as a friend on Facebook as well. Natasha Taylor. I have a yellow shirt, scarf, and hair pulled back. I think I'm ok at pep talks. =)

**Just keep in mind that you will continue to go to Forever 21 and get a ton more SMALLER stuff.
**keep kicking fat in it's a**!!
** In a years time do you want to be at the same weight or do you want to be a leaner/healthier you?

the first two I tell myself when my body burns from working out. works wonders for me.
healthierME1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #8  
Instagram SWEET_MARIE27

Thanks guys...i got a running buddy and ran for 38 mins straight yesterday. 1 ran a 5k! I am back and feeling great thanks to you guys!