Old 01-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Default The never ending battle to health. (re-introduction post)

I've been on 3FC on and off for what seems like forever. I go back and forth between wanting to get skinny and wanting to get healthy.

Last time I was on here (and serious about it) I was in a relationship with a guy that wasn't serious about me long term. He was young and it was mostly about having fun and I just wanted to be sexy. I didn't give a darn about my health. Fast forward two years and I'm engaged to be married in April to a father of two (ages 10 and 5). I definitely have a lot more invested in this relationship and I want to be healthy. I want to be healthy for myself. I want to be healthy for my fiance. I want to be healthy for the kids (which I mother full time...their mother up and left the state about a month ago). And I want to be healthy for any future children we have together. Kids are a ton of work. And I want to want to take them to the park and play with them. I'm just too tired all of the time.

So, I have made some healthy improvements in the last couple years, not geared toward weight loss:
July 18, 2011: I went vegetarian. I looked into this for health reasons, but it stuck for moral reasons. This has hands down been something I am most proud of. I feel good about my decision to not eat meat. I feel fantastic about it. I feel lighter because of it. And I poop 2-3 times a day. Yay.
December 1, 2012: mostly kicked my Dr. Pepper habit. Was drinking about 6-8 (12 oz) cans a day...down to maybe 2-3 a week. I really plan to buy no more.
January 21, 2013: I quit smoking. As I type this, I have been cigarette free for almost 86 hours. I have not gone this long without smoking in probably two years. Smoking has really held me back. It has been my excuse for years not to exercise.

So that's where I'm at. I've done weight watchers in the past. I think since this go around is about health, and not weight, I'm going to focus on eating whole foods. We are also recently on a budget, and it is a lot cheaper to eat beans and vegetables than to eat processed food. I'm going to track my weight (I've been really sick for three days, so I'm going to wait until Monday to weigh-in), but mostly I'm going to eat intuitively. If I see myself gaining (or losing too quickly) I'll probably start counting calories, but at this point I plan to journal everything.

Anywho, thanks for reading.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I think it's great that you have found your reason to be healthy. You have great reasons! I'm a mother myself and knowing that I have this little girl who depends on me, I want to be there for her and I want to set a good example of what healthy eating and living is like.

You've made some great steps so far, I'm really proud of you I wish you the best of luck!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote