Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

Default 2 Week Cleanse?

I have been gaining, gaining, gaining! I am ready to lose this weight for good! I am SO uncomfortable with my body, and want to get to my pre-wedding weight of 175 for NOW.

I am considering a 2 week cleanse of only eating raw veggies and fruits. I have a friend who has seen a dietitian, and she started with this, then slowly added in more food each week. Has anyone done this, or have any suggestions for me?
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #2  

The weight loss will only work if you eat at a calorie deficit even after the 2 week cleanse. Do you think that the cleanse can help you do that?
Maybe it will.
If you need to start a strict diet like that in order to lose weight than try it. But I would look into why you are gaining and gaining first.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/210/120

Height: 5'3"

I'm gaining because I eat thousands of calories. The reason I eat so much is because I enjoy food. I have become addicted to unhealthy foods. I did the same with soda, and have been soda-free for 6 months. I really think that by going cold turkey for 2 weeks followed by introducing healthy foods will be the best bet for me.

I also have very weird work hours. I'[m a full time grad student, and work a job 7 days a week from midnight to 4am, then Mon-Fri 8am-2:30pm. CRAZY hours.
briters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't believe in any kind of cleanse because if you eat healthy and drink lots of water then your body will cleanse itself on its own.
(If that's why you're doing the cleanse)

2 weeks may seem like a short time, but I know for me it would be difficult to go 2 weeks with just raw fruits and veggies, and I would most likely end up bingeing during that time - or right after I finished.
Plus your body needs other nutrients, not just fruits and veggies.

If you feel it's worth a try, then I would. But I'd just be cautious. And I agree that you need to look into why you're gaining. And maybe try cutting what you're eating in half, before you start a crash cleanse
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #5  

Well if its simply a physical thing, where the sugars are causing you to want to eat more and more, why not just quit eating those unhealthy foods instead? That will cut the trigger. Why a raw food cleanse itself?
That being said, if you want to try it, then maybe you could get a raw food book-There's one called Raw Food Cleanse by Penni Shelton.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote