Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #1  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Default FORCING exercise into my life TODAY!

Hi all,

I hate exercising. Lol. I used to belong to a gym and go religiously 6 days a week, but now I am out of shape and avoid exercise like the plague.

SO I have decided to start a thread for people like myself who are in their 20's, hate exercising, but know they need to just make it happen!!

My plan for today: I'm filling in as nanny for a darling little 3 year old, which I've been doing 2 days a week for a few weeks. It's going to be nice out today so I'm gonna put her in the runney-stroller thing and go for a brisk walk (a jog would be overly ambitious for me lol). Maybe I'll take her to get ice cream (for her, not me!)

Anyone else trying to fit in exercise wherever they can?
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

I definitely try to even though I HATE exercising. I'm only 22 but already I'm starting to have some dull pain in one knee :/ I know I should get exercising now instead if later when I have kids or a family or when I'm not as physically fit but it's just so hard.

I've been meaning to start the C25K program but lately it's been so cold out and later in the day I have no energy or am too busy.

Today I will try to steer clear from elevators at my work place. There is 4 floors and i have to go to all of them more than once throughout the shift. Taking the stairs get me all winded but I think this is the first step to get myself moving
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #3  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Today I will go home and DO my turbo fire. Even though I barely slept last night, work 12 hours today, and have to be up at 3am again for another 12. No excuses just have to get it done!

.. plus some quality time with the stairs at work. yay quality time :P
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #4  

Before I actually started exercising, I hated it too. I hated how gross it made me feel while I was doing it (and still hate how winded and sick feeling I get when I try to run). However, after doing a little bit of something almost daily for close to four weeks now, I've come to crave it. I won't say that I love it, but it's definitely not something I hate anymore. When getting started, you have to look at it as a chore potentially. Kind of like cleaning the bathroom. ...which I still haven't done this weekend. :x Thank goodness for three-day weekends!

Last edited by essbee; 02-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

I go on the internet while I'm on the treadmill, no joke. That, and listen to music or read my kindle.

If I have to FORCE myself to exercise, I'll fall off the wagon. So I exercise in a way I can live with easily.
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

i truly used to be a cardio hater and one thing that has made me enjoy(!) it has been ordering a subscription to some magazines (i did women's health and fitness) and i allow myself to ONLY read them on the treadmill or stepper - just like' pavlov's experiments i think i trained myself to associate something i really like to do (read mags) with cardio! yay!

i also refuse to take the escalators if i can see stairs
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #7  

Guys there is no need to kill yourselves whilst exercising. When you are starting out you need to make it enjoyable!
One of the best forms of exercise to lose weight is light cardio in a carbohydrate depleted state.
For example first thing in the morning before you have eaten breakfast.
At this time you have gone roughly 10 hours with no food and your glucose stores are running low and your body goes looking for other fuel (FAT). Some studies show that it burns up to 300% more fat in a carb depleted state.

It is the ideal time to go for a fast walk or a hill walk or if you have a treadmill in front of the tv watching the morning news
Believe me doing this (20 mins most mornings) is all it takes. Give it a try.
WL Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.5/202.8/150

Height: 5'8

I love the elliptical at the gym. After a while I start to feel really good on it and I just keep going. I guess it is endorphins(?)... Maybe you just need to find some type of exercise you enjoy..
sparkles86tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #9  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

+1 on exercise you enjoy. I just started this program on video called "Insanity" and it's really hard but it's so fun that I don't mind it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I walk to & from the bus stop for work and also up & down the stairs at work at least 2x/day. I'm only on the 3rd floor, so it's not too bad, but those are ways I force myself to exercise.

I have an exercise bike at home so I can do that while I read on my Kindle app or read a Cosmo/read 3FC on my phone, but that's something I have to make time in my day for as opposed to the first things which I have to do!

I also try and do night walks with the hubby but as it's a bit cold now, those are a bit more rare then they were in the summer.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/148/135

Height: 5' 4"

I bought a pedometer just so I will purposely make myself find more ways to include moving in my daily routine. It becomes like a competition with myself to see if I can improve my numbers.

I bit the bullet and went to my first Zumba class this past week. For now I'm telling myself that I have a date every Friday for that. It is a huge move for me. In the meantime a girlfriend of mine agreed to go to yoga once a week with me. So now I'm up to 2 dates in the gym and pedometer moving.
kcoftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

And here I thought I was the only one! I hate exercising too! When I first started, I was doing Yoga 3-5x a week, and I guess I did not mind it while I was there, but getting there was a commitment on its own! The gym, forget it! I always found a reason to fall off that horse! I purchased the 30 Day shred DVD back in September, and I am embarrassed to say, it still has the shrink wrap around it... I haven't even tried to open it! My excuse, I did not know I needed hand weights! Well those came in today, and starting tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow) it will become an AM ritual!
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Awww, it's a shame so many of you hate exercise! But exercise doesn't have to mean gym's and treadmills or spin bikes - it can mean hiking, swimming, dancing, climbing - so many activities can work up a sweat and be enjoyable! If I didn't love the exercise I do (circuit training and running outside - treadmills are boring!) then I wouldn't have lost weight.

So my best advice is to go out there and find something you love! That way you will be motivated to go and do it, and who knows you might end up loving other exercises because of how good it makes you feel!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote