Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

Default Minimizing Night Time Eating

Hey guys! I noticed a thread on skipping dinner and this brought to my attention the opposite end of the spectrum. I tend, because of my ADHD meds, to not really eat anything during the day. I'll typically go through lunch and breakfast with anywhere between 250-750 calories and then eat a lot at night when the adderall wears off. I'm literally nauseous during the day and cannot eat. Is it okay to follow this sort of routine? By the time I come down off of the medicine, I'm starving. How do you all stave off hunger if it hits hard and fast? Thank you so much for your help!
glittergation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #2  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I think as long as you're under your calories, or following whatever plan you do, then you're fine.
Typically I think people have a smaller breakfast and lunch then a larger dinner so I don't see why there'd be a problem.
As long as you're having a calorie deficient you're doing just fine
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

when i get home after work, i'm usually really hungry because i can't eat most of my school-lunch because of all the carbs... but i'm usually really tired too so i wanna eat something right away. i find that what works is having already ready chopped veggies to munch on. it staves of the hunger, then i can start cooking a healthier, not-so-big dinner a bit later... vegetables make you full really quick, and have almost no calories... and you can't really "binge" on veggies cuz you'll get bored of it after a while, so...

my favorite thing these days (this might sound weird to you, but i'm in japan and made do with what's available) is pulling sheets off a cabage, tearing them into smaller pieces, and then i eat them like chips, dipped into a bit of miso... it's a snack with basically almost no calories, and i like the crunchiness...

hope you find something that works for you!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

We all have different routines, I eat in the morning, then early afternoon then have dinner around 5-8pm. I don't like eating after 8pm because I start to slow down and lounge about and just feel like I'll gain weight, haha! I know it sounds strange. But when I feel hungrier in the evening, for example if I'm working a night shift, I honestly just try and ignore it. I drink water and if it still doesn't go away I just go straight to bed.

I'm not 100% but I heard eating at night is bad because you're not doing anything to burn it off. So that's why I ignore any pangs of hunger past 8pm. If I feel so sick I'm that hungry, which is rare, I tend to eat a banana. But it's quite rare, I've learnt to ignore it honestly!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #5  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

If you are looking at this as a calories in vs calories out kind of way, it doesn't really matter when you get them during the day. I think they recommend eating small meals through out the day because you are less likely to binge and over eat if you let yourself get to that starving point.

It's like how people say to work out in the morning because you have a empty stomach so you'll lose more weight, but your still burning the same amount of calories then than if you worked out at night.

I wouldn't worry about it if you are not bingeing at night in the long run.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote