Old 02-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #1  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Default Im on my 2nd week of Weight Watchers and I gained 1.2lbs!! I dunno wth happend :(

So i joined WW on January 19th and started at 273.8. My 1st week on it, when I weighed in on Jan 26th I lost 9lbs! & was 264.8. I also started working out that Monday doing the turbofire program. I started going back to the gym this monday to as well. SO every single day this week I got in 60-90 mins of exercise, lots of cardio and light weights following the 30 day shred. I been eating good too! So today when I weighed in I was 266.0!! 1.2 lbs up!! I was so surprised. Granted I know the numbers weren't going to be as high as the 1st week but I didn't think that I was going to GAIN! I was thinking 1-3 lbs lost.

I am discouraged and confused.

The only thing that I can think of that I wasn't doing exactly like how I did the 1st week was, I wasn't reading all my stuff and not on their website as much, I wasn't eating all my points, alot of days i was 15-20lbs under, which my leader said that could be the problem bc i must eat all my foods, I was eating a bit more carbs this week and was eating later in the evening, not getting all my fruits and veggies in either. OK so it was more then 1 thing but I still didn't think it would've been bad! As long as Im eating healthy and tracking and working out then shouldn't I be losing?!?!?

Im so discouraged and I want to just eat a whole pizza and just say F this
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You may be gaining muscle. You may be close to TOM? Maybe you had some sodium rich foods?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

You probally need to eat more. I know sounds weird. But you said you were not getting all your points in plus with your working out that much you probally need to eat more. Also if you are working out more, you could be gaining muscle which weighs more. Talk to your leader about how many points you need to eat with the extra activity you are doing. But do not stop. It will catch up and you will see a loss next week!
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Don't worry! This is the moment when most people quit. Not you! I have not lost a gram in 20 days now, but I know that soon I will start to lose again. Go on doing what you are doing, and be patient. Stay put! Consider this is your first trial, and there are many more ahead of you, so get ready for the long haul if you want to get to your goal. Good luck!

Last edited by inglesita64; 02-02-2012 at 04:55 PM.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

You are not eating enough.With all that exercise you earned a bunch of activity points.You should be eating those and your regular points.You may also be retaining fluid from the exercise as muscles repair themselves.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Don't give up, you are still learning. Do try to eat all of your points, and use some weeklies if you need them, too. Make sure you get in all your GHG's and you are not living on just the 0 point fruits and veggies.
On the exercise front, your muscles will hold onto water after exercise. Exercise breaks down the fat and muscles and water builds them back up. Give it some more time since you are still new and go from there.
AND... No need for a whole pizza. Have a slice or two and a big salad. You can do this!!!
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

I agree could be a ton of things... sodium rich food you ate, water retention, TOM approaching or like the others said you need to eat more... if your working out like crazy ...definately eat more
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

1.2lb should definitely NOT discourage you. If it was 3lb up, I would completely understand... but during the weight loss process it's completely normal to go up 1.2lb sometimes, and then find that next time you measure you're down 2lb.

Like the others have said already, it could be due to your TOM coming up, water retention through eating salty foods...

Definitely keep at your routine! I'm sure you will see the pounds drop in a week or two. The most important thing is that you're eating healthily and exercising regularly, weight loss will definitely follow.
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #9  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much everyone for answering this!

I was on a lot of different websites today, after reading what everyone said on here, along with the WW site and other websites and I do beleive it definitelty has something to do with me starting to use light weights and also eating more starchy foods.

I also talked to my brother & he said last year, when he was losing weight & starting to lift, the 1st month he gained 10lbs then the next month he was down 30lbs! That made me happy and feel better.

& my t.o.m (i had to research what this meant by the way!! LOL) isn't until the last week of every month so I don't beleive its that. But my bodys been really weird lately, so who knows.

Thanks so much everyone!!!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about this

There's an inherent problem with only weighing weekly (not to say that it isn't a valid way to weigh in!) in that you don't know if you're weighing in on a random day when you're fluctuating up. You could have actually lost weight this week—you just didn't know it because you were retaining water or the actual weight of the food was in you, etc. There is A LOT that goes into your actual weight. If you have been following a plan and you didn't eat too much then chances are you weight has just ticked up on the day you were supposed to weigh in. Annoying, right?

Ok, I'm going to be a pain again and post my weight loss graph. Now I've been too lazy to upload my new one which has my actual weight since my graph scale me in 10lbs heavier the whole time I was losing, but it still has the rate of my loss.

I weighed in every day. Look at how the graph is all over the place, but still shows a general downward trend.

Unfortunately our bodies do not just lose weight when we want them to. So many factors come into play when we weigh in that it can be pretty much impossible to ever see a straight line downward. Should you see a general downward trend after a while? Yep! Just be patient, stick to the WW plan (just be careful not to overdo it on the 0 point stuff! They DO still count!) and exercise and you should be fine
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #11  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I see a lot of people saying that you could be gaining muscle and while you could be getting a little bit, you most certainly did not gain 1 pound of muscle in a week. The most a woman can put on without hormone help is 1 pound of muscle a MONTH - and that is with heavy weight training and a protein and slightly more calorie dense diet. Men have a hard time packing on muscle and they have 20 times more of the anabolic hormones necessary for hypertrophy.

What DID probably happen though is that you gained water weight, especially if you are working out a lot more. This is not bad! Your weight will fluctuate and if you are retaining some water if means your muscles are taking in fluid for repair (a good thing). If you are consistently gaining week to week I would then be concerned but trust us, it's something that fluctuates.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote