Old 01-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/ticker/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Staying On Track

Ugh...I don't know what my problem is...I cannot stay motivated to save my life! It's like I got under 200 and I was like okay that's enough...but it isn't I have 55 more pounds to lose...I can't use the I don't have enough time excuse or the I don't like to work out in front of people....at least 3 nights a week I have 8 hours by myself....I'm just lazy and not doing it...Help!!!!!
ihavethemusicinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Haha, story of my life! When I started losing weight at 18 I gave up because I had lost a bit, same thing happened at 19 too. You just can't give yourself those free pass cards just because you're getting somewhere. You literally just have to keep your eye on the goal and keep moving forward. This is the most I've lost in 5 years, I'm now back to the weight I was when I was 17 and I'm heading towards a healthy BMI. For me, giving up was never a thought or an option, because I'd done it before and gained the weight back.

You've got to remember, why are you doing this? Why do you want to lose weight? What was it about being at your heaviest that made you unhappy enough to change? Those are the biggest questions you should be asking yourself, get yourself pumped up - I always go and see the goal section on this website. Seeing those results really inspires me that I can do it too.

You can do this!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-25-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Are you happy where you are right now, maybe that the reason? Sometimes all though we hit a stage where we are over weight but sometimes we're okay with what we look like at the moment.

If you can't be bothered to work toward the 55 pounds just yet. Why don't you try and work toward maintaining the weight you are at. Not gaining anything back but maintaining, that way when you ARE ready to continue on with your journey, you haven't gained all back, or double and you can restart where you're at now.

I know sometimes people say we need to rememeber WHY we're doing this etc...but sometimes those reason's just aren't enough. Sometimes I hate to say it, you need a break from it all...but by break I don't mean go back to your old habits. I mean maintain the weight your at and jump back on the bandwagon when you're ready. Heck, you might even lose a little weight not worrying so much about it!

Either way good luck, you've done wonderful all ready!!! Another thing, if you find working out too time consuming etc...grab JM 30 minute video's and just do those, they aren't easy but at the same time it's only 30 minutes, you can do it in your own house so you don't have to worry about getting dress etc and it'll be done and over with. Go back to working out less time just to get yourself back into it.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

U can do it, keep faith!!!
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I must agree with Miz 100%. You need to get to the place where you are mentally ready to committ. Until then, it will continue to be an uphill battle. I went through the exact same thing.

Maintain until you are ready. You will get there!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #6  
The Last 10lbs!

Music, I was the same way. I got to 150 and I plain stopped. I didn't feel like doing it anymore and I thought this was 'good enough'. I was satisfied, but not happy with my weight. I stayed between 150 and 155 for more than TWO YEARS before I mentally recommitted. Like Miz and Linds said, maybe you just aren't ready yet. Maybe you need a break. Losing weight is hard work, and so is a regular exercise schedule. Try maintaining for a while, don't stress so much and be happy that you can teach yourself to maintain instead of lose. It will be a valuable lesson once you get to goal and you've done great so far so a maintenance period might be a well-earned break! In a few weeks you might be ready to recommit, and maybe even looking forward to trying new things. I find new things (yoga, new foods, a new way of eating, recipes, etc) makes recommitting way more fun and it keeps my interest. If you've been calorie counting, why not try going low-carb or focusing on whole foods and cutting out as much sugar as possible? You might just need a change and you could find you enjoy the challenge of trying something new.

You can do it!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
If you can't be bothered to work toward the 55 pounds just yet. Why don't you try and work toward maintaining the weight you are at. Not gaining anything back but maintaining, that way when you ARE ready to continue on with your journey, you haven't gained all back, or double and you can restart where you're at now.
That is a really good idea.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #8  

Thanks y'all! I'm trying to find new ways to motivate myself. I was doing sooo well until me and my ex broke up. I just quit and I gained almost 10 pounds back. but then I stopped gaining and I've been going from 197-199 since August. So luckily I've been maintianing. One way I am looking at this is that if I can maintain that long, when I do get to my goal weight I can maintain. I take a yoga class every semester so I have NO excuse not to exercise at least once a week (a 2 hour yoga class can KILL you). My new boyfriend (upon my request) is making me keep a food journal everyday and I show it to him...but I have been slacking this week. I need to get back on the horse...maybe it's time to take the dreaded before pictures so I'll know what I really look like and not what I think I look like. Thanks so much for your support y'all!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #9  

So here they are...the dreaded pictures! I can tell a difference from when I started at 221. However, I don't have those pictures anymore. This is at my 10% mini goal of 198
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-25_18-47-19_522.jpg (15.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-25_18-47-26_859.jpg (15.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by ihavethemusicinme; 01-25-2012 at 06:56 PM.