Old 01-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #1  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Default Thoughts on the new Nike Fuelband?

What do you guys think? Google it and read for a minute if you haven't heard of it yet. It kinda seems like an awesome idea... tracks every activity you do, wear it as a bracelet... Is this similar to the BodyBugg? Or is it just a light-up pedometer? Do you think it's worth $149?

I must admit I like the slogan... Life is a sport. Make it count.

jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Sounds similar to other things out there. There is a wrist band (way cheap) that counts your movements and after so many you get rewards you can cash in for rewards with various online sites. Seems a lot like that.

It will probably count a lot of things that move your arms a lot, but not with activities where you don't move your arms much. It is something I would definitely wait and see.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

This sounds like the biggest loser slim coach. I don't think it is the same thing as a body bug because I believe that takes body temperature readings to give accurate information about calorie burn. This is an accelerometer with some sort of oxygen monitor (no idea how that works) but it goes a bit beyond just tracking how much you move your arm from my understanding although I would assume that it would be a little flawed because it is on your arm.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ugh-the-paces/

This is the article I read and I think it is a pretty good review of the product with comparisons to similar products.

I actually think the Jawbone Up looks like a more complete product for less money. My issue is that both of these product require you have an iPhone or iTouch I have neither and it is unlikely I will own one for a very long time due to my current finances. If I already had an Apple device of some kind I think I would definitely buy the UP.

Last edited by Veela; 01-24-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #4  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I have the Jawbone Up and it still (with some problems) works. It is great, especially the sleep function. I would consider the Nike Fuelband if it had the sleep tracking and smart wake up. Without? Nope. Especially not for $50 more.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote