3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Has anyone seen "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/248128-has-anyone-seen-fat-sick-nearly-dead.html)

shapedself 04-11-2012 04:29 PM

Entertaining movie. Felt great for both guys and it was amazing seeing their health turnarounds as well.

Essa415 04-11-2012 09:45 PM

Isabunny - I plan on starting this Monday!! Good luck!!

Isabunny 04-12-2012 07:16 AM

It will be nice to have someone to talk with about the juice diet. It takes alot of planning and will power, especially if you have kids at home!

I am starting day #2. The first day went very well. I really didn't feel hungry at all and didn't have any problems just drinking juice. I actually felt really good all day and had lots of energy. I would even say excess energy. Only side effect was urinating all day long. I guess that is part of the detox process.

If you want any juice receipes let me know. Watermelon, pineapple, ginger has been my favorite. I bougt my juicer from BB & Beyond yesterday. I signed up for their email online to get a 20% discount. I bought the Beville for $149 (before the discount). It was $119 after. It is easy to use and the clean up isn't too bad.

Good luck Essa with your Monday start! If you have any questions or need support, let me know!

Pepino 04-13-2012 08:46 PM

I would be interested in watching this...

...that said...I think this diet is a bad idea.

1) No matter how healthy the juice, it is still giving you a sugar rush that you could not naturally attain from just eating the fruit itself. Blood sugar goes up, blood sugar goes down. That is not good for your organs, your waistline or your mood!

2) The whole toxin cleanse fad drives me crazy. Your body doesn't magically know it is on a cleanse and go into magical toxin release mode. There is no independent scientific research that shoes 'cleanses' actually free the body of 'toxins' (whatever those are, since everyone defines that differently too). Just like how colon-cleanses have become popular even though science has shown that not only do they NOT clean out old toxins from your colan and increase health, they can actually be dangerous to health.

3) My dentist said that many people don't realize how bad juice is for your teeth. The acidity wears away enamel and the sugar causes the bacteria to fluorish.

4) Rebound affect. I am very skeptical that this would work in the long term.

Isabunny 04-14-2012 09:22 AM

I hear what you are saying. Thanks for the comments. However, I actually do believe that juicing releases toxins and cleans out your digestive track. It really is working for me individually. I am seeing results and I feel so much less bloated and swollen. These type of diets (if you watch the movie) don't promote eating many fruit type drinks. It recommends drinking one pure fruit drink a day. So you are not getting the high/lows and your teeth aren't getting ruinned. Fruit juices from the supermarket are really bad for you because they are loaded with sugars. When you juice yourself, you are only getting the fruit.

I think the biggest problem with the food supply in this country is that it is full of salt. It is really hard to eliminate salt from your diet, because it is in everything. If you eat out at commercial chains (even the healthy ones) you are getting tons of salt which makes it really difficult for some people to lose weight even when they are eating moderate calories. So juicing (or going with fruits/veggies/beans/nuts is the only way to elimate salt from your diet. That is why so many people have success eating Vegan/juicing. You definitly don't want to juice forever (but in moderation it seems to work for many people). I have done all the research, read all the books, and watched almost every movie on food that is currently out there. I work at Whole Foods, so am constantly surrounded by the health world.

What works for some people, doesn't work for others. I actually love drinking the juices. They taste really good to me and I love using all those fruits and veggies like kale, ginger, beets, carrots, ect... It is really fun and feels healthy for my body. It's a great way to get all the salt and glutten out of your diet, and still feel very full.