3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What are your mini-goals? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/247367-what-your-mini-goals.html)

aBroadAbroad 11-19-2011 06:45 PM

What are your mini-goals?

So I don't know about you guys, but I need to have mini-goals to keep my weight loss interesting. :D

My next mini-goal is 5 pounds away! 50 pounds lost and I will treat myself to http://www.makemechic.com/p-37148-go...ls-orange.aspx these. I just think they are the coolest funkiest things I have ever seen... LOL

Then when I hit 174 (no more 'obese' BMI!), I am treating myself to a (mini) shopping spree in the city that I live in here in France. And then I have mini goals for every 10 pounds until I hit my goal of 150!

So...what are you mini-goals chicks!?

MusicalAstronaut 11-19-2011 07:26 PM

First of all, those shoes are awesome, lol. :)
My current mini-goal is to be under 180. I guess I go by 10s. To be under 160 will get me just into the "healthy" weight range, so that's my next big goal after 180. 180 is big for me because I've been stuck in the low 190s for a while. So those are the ones I'm thinking about most!

popspry 11-19-2011 07:38 PM

My next mini-goal is 152 (20% weight loss) - I'm 3-4 pounds away. Then it's 145 (normal BMI) then my ultimate goal, 140. I keep motivated more by having lots of small goals than a few big ones.

baker23 11-19-2011 08:01 PM

Hit 188(No longer overweight)
Run a 5k
Stick to my eating and excerise plan for 1 month on perfect scedule(Ruined my last week) xD
Hit 175(This will be my 1/2 body weight lost so big milestone) so I can start toning everything
Stop weighing myself everyday and just check once a week
Hopefully do everything by next summer...but not really setting a time limit

No rewards until I hit 175 :)...and when that happens, I get my 4th tattoo, and go on a shopping spree. My baggy clothes have to do for now

aBroadAbroad 11-19-2011 08:04 PM

Yeah I want to get another tat when I hit my final goal :) I want to get something that reminds me of what I have accomplished. I haven't decided what it will be yet though...

Lambiechop 11-19-2011 08:15 PM

My next one is 4 lbs away. 50 lbs down.

aBroadAbroad 11-19-2011 08:52 PM

Are you treating yourself to anything Lamb?

Lambiechop 11-19-2011 09:19 PM

Yep. New underwear and pjs. Lol.

aBroadAbroad 11-19-2011 09:39 PM

Hahaha sounds great to me!

porcelainheart 11-19-2011 09:47 PM

One of my mini goals is to reach a "normal" BMI... 9 lbs to go! I think my reward will be another piercing and depending on how my clothes fit, a new outfit that shows my progress :)

Scarlett 11-19-2011 09:50 PM

see sig :D

Kahokkuri 11-19-2011 10:02 PM

My next mini goals aren't so mini from where I'm standing now, but:
  • 79kg by Christmas
  • Size 12 jeans by Christmas

I'm currently 87.8kg (though I was 85.5 yesterday >_<) and a size 14.

PollifaxFive 11-19-2011 10:37 PM

My mini goal is reaching 160, but it's been extremely bumpy for the last few weeks. My "reward" is actually a necessary trip to the store, because I wear these size 14 jeans every day (as the smallest jean size I have), and I'm currently a size 12. I need new jeans.

I've been on the low side of obese for most of my life, so I didn't even dress appropriately until last year, and when that happened, I'd go to plus-sized stores and buy very little. Right now, many of my shirt are too large, my only wearable pants are size 14 jeans, and I need new shoes... so yes. Of course, I'm very happy to see my weight and size drop. :)

The Chubster 11-19-2011 10:40 PM

ONEderland. I'm so close. So DARN close lol. I can see it, smell it AND taste it lol. I think I might cry when I get there lol. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw 1xx instead of the 2xx.

KellieGettingFit 11-19-2011 10:48 PM

My first mini goal is to lose 10 lbs and weigh less than I did 3 years ago when I got pregnant with my daughter. I'll probably buy myself a hot new shirt or dress to wear on Christmas/New Years.

Then 10 more and I'll weigh what I did for my wedding 4 years ago. 10 more and it's when we were engaged 5 years ago (plus ONEDERLAND!!!). 10 more and we're getting to a point where I'm going to be feeling a lot better about my appearance. I don't know what all my mrewards will be. It will depend on what I really want when I am facing them. They might all be clothes. When I am done I am dropping like $700 on a new wardrobe for serious.

And those shoes are so freaking fun! Love them!

sontaikle 11-19-2011 11:48 PM

Every five pounds is/was a mini goal, with every ten pounds being a bigger one. I didn't reward myself for any of them, but it did mean that I could mark it down on my chart.

I just hit my biggest mini goal, reaching a healthy weight and my original goal!

SweetPeach3388 11-20-2011 01:09 AM

See my signature. I didn't really focus on having mini-goals at first, but then I actually started making progress. Making progress seems to be enough to keep me going now, but I wanted to put down some rewards to make sure I stay motivated and keep things interesting. I just hope that I actually have the money to reward myself when I make them!

KatTheAmazon 11-20-2011 01:21 AM

I haven't had a lot of mini-goals thus far, but my next one will be hitting 205 which will be my half-way point. The reward: a new haircut & style. I currently have long layered hair and I'm going to do a long shaggy bob. Although lately it seems I have been sabatoging myself. Hopefully soon I can be there!

After that it will be onederland!!!!

I think then I will go in 10 pound increments. Not sure what the rewards will be yet :)

Daki 11-20-2011 09:09 AM

My mini goals are in my signature. Basically every 10% with a 15% mini goal to tide me over until 20%. I never had mini goals before and it makes everything more exciting. I like it =)

runningfromfat 11-20-2011 10:38 AM

My mini-goals are in my signature too. I really just have a healthy BMI (155lbs) left! :carrot:

I do have some non-weight related goals too:

- Do a pull-up
- Deadlift my body weight (on hold for the moment due to an injury)
- 28" waist
- An original goal was to hit a 40" bust and hips, I've done that so now I dropped those to 38"

I don't really have any rewards that I've done. I'Ve boughten clothes as needed and I know I'll need an entire new wardrobe when I get to goal. As is I don't have any "skinny" clothes left, so if I don't buy new clothes as needed I just have to wear clothes that are way too big for me.

CherryQuinn 11-20-2011 01:35 PM

I have mini goals every 10-15lbs. Right now I'm 9lbs away from my first (275). Than my second will be 15lbs away (260). I plan on getting new tall winter boots for my first but I need those anyways in newfoundland unless I want to be bambi. But at my second goal I will buy a new wardrobe and makeup wardrobe because at that point I will be down 75lbs and haven't had any new clothes since my biggest weight and they are all tatty and fully of holes. I know you shouldn't buy alot of clothes while you're losing weight but I don't have a choice really, belts can't even save me now. the third goal after that I will get a nose ring (250) and 4th one my ears pierced (240). the others are still up in the air. :)

theox 11-20-2011 01:44 PM

Hehe - I have lots and lots of mini-goals. They help me remember that I'm making progress.

SV goals:

- Numbers ending in 0 and 5 (240's coming up next!)
- Significant (to me) fractions of my weight lost
- every 5 and 10 lbs lost
- every 2.5% of my highest weight lost
- every 5 BMI points lost
- meeting BMI benchmarks (no longer morbidly obese, no longer obese, etc.)
- getting to Onederland
- losing more than I have in any previous weight loss attempt
- getting to my lowest adult weight

NSV goals:

- Smaller measurements
- Smaller clothing sizes
- Various social and fitness accomplishments

I do assign rewards to my goals, but they tend to be relatively inexpensive and/or things that I need/really want anyway, and are subject to change without notice. I tend to be one of those people who puts off buying things, so it's a nice chance to get stuff I could really use and provides a tangible reminder of the progress I'm making that I don't always see in myself.

MusicalAstronaut 11-21-2011 01:39 AM

Is anybody else going to hit up Victoria's Secret after they hit their goal? :P I personally CANNOT wait. :D

runningfromfat 11-21-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut (Post 4114978)
Is anybody else going to hit up Victoria's Secret after they hit their goal? :P I personally CANNOT wait. :D

Nope, they don't carry anything remotely close to my size. :(

However, I have a HUGE list of bra wants when I hit my goal:
T-Shirt Bra
2x Sports Bras
Bikini
One Piece Sports Swim Suit
Strapless, long line bra
Strapless bra
Soft Cup bra
Some general pretty bras ;)

sontaikle 11-21-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut (Post 4114978)

Honestly the last time I went there they annoyed me so much that I'll never set foot in the store again unless my friends drag me there.

It's not a good idea to try to squeeze someone into a bra because "this is the biggest size we have." Way to make someone feel like a freak.

popspry 11-21-2011 12:16 PM

As a 36D/DD regardless of weight, victoria's secret doesn't have much to offer me.

MusicalAstronaut 11-21-2011 12:37 PM

I've been able to shop there even at my highest weight. I guess I have small boobs. :( But I can't wait to get some underclothes that make me feel sexy. I've never ever felt like that.

SparkleBE 11-21-2011 08:19 PM

I have lots of mini-goals too. Every 10 lbs is a big mini-goal, while every 5 lbs and every time I reach a new decade are littler ones. Which means I get to celebrate 3 times per 10 lb increment :) Oh, and reaching a normal BMI is a big goal of mine as well. I don’t have rewards for any of my goals since losing weight is the biggest reward I could think of, but I’ll be buying some new clothes in the boxing day sales since I don’t have much that I fit into anymore :D

When I get to goal, I’ll get a big shopping spree and will definitely be getting some sexy underthings. Not sure if I’ll go to Victoria’s Secret, but I’ll probably check their stuff out since I’ve never had any problems there (although I was always buying undies, so I never had the bra fit issues…).

4theloveof 11-22-2011 12:00 AM

My first mini-goal is to be under 190-- can't remember the last time! I'll probably reward myself with shoes too (I love the ones you have picked out! They're fabulous!). Honestly my ultimate goal I have has nothing to do with what I weight-- I just want to be a single-digit size! When that happens I will be rewarding myself with an entirely new wardrobe of GAP jeans and perhaps a nice dress from topshop or modcloth!

aka8941 11-22-2011 12:33 AM

Oh man I can't wait to wear a size 36C bra. That will be heavenly. And a size 8 jean. And this guy I'm seeing, I want him to be able to pick me up. Right now I just need to think about ONEderland, and being no longer obese at 195. I can't believe I'm still obese for another 7 pounds. UGGHH

I need to find a reward because it's going to be a big one.

Mizzthingaling 11-24-2011 09:25 PM

I have different things for milestones.

40 pounds- New boots
50 pounds - Ankle tattoos redone
75 pounds- New undies and bras. I don't do Victorias(except for clothes) but I do love Frederick's of Hollywood.
100 pounds- New tattoo and skydiving

unpretty 11-28-2011 10:16 AM

My mini-goals:

1. Be 60kg (132 lb) by christmas
2. Lose another 7 pounds on top of that by the end of January
3. Be at goal weight by end of February, just in time for uni :)

PixieVixie 11-28-2011 04:31 PM

My mini-goals:

For every 5 pounds I lose I will buy myself a book!
For the first ten pounds I lose I will buy myself the Fables: Legends in Exile graphic novel I have been wanting
For the second ten pounds I lose (135:dizzy:) I will buy Skyrim for the ps3
For my ultimate goal weight I will buy new clothes!

I know my rewards are pretty geeky but I have tons of shoes and jewelry and I want to hold off on clothes until the end. I also am putting my money in savings for the big day that I reach my UGW!

sontaikle 11-28-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieVixie (Post 4121766)
For the second ten pounds I lose (135:dizzy:) I will buy Skyrim for the ps3
For my ultimate goal weight I will buy new clothes!

A very worthy mini-goal prize ;) That game is purely amazing.

aBroadAbroad 11-29-2011 05:52 AM

these rewards sound fantastic ladies (gents?)! Keep em coming!

candice1022 11-29-2011 08:15 AM

Well My first Goal is 10lbs by christmas... and im only 6lbs away :)
My second Goal is 15lbs by New Years.....
Third Goal of hitting onederland (6lbs after the 15lbs) by the end of January
and My sort of Big mini goal is to lose 20lbs *after the 15lbs) by the end of April.....
That will put me at 180ish :) which is what i weighed before i got pregnant 15 months ago....

lilneezy 11-29-2011 11:42 AM

My mini goals are simple:
*Lose 7 lbs before 2012
*Be thankful when I get out of the 190s!!!!!!
*Celebrate every pound lossed
*Look in the mirror and smile:)

jmfan317 11-29-2011 01:30 PM

My mini goals:
- Lose 5 lbs by the end of Dec if I lose more thats a plus
- Get sum new clothes when I get my tax refund
- Feel comfortable in my skin

Mimzzy 11-29-2011 01:38 PM

My next couple mini-goals are
- 130 by the new yr (7.8lbs to go)
- Stay on track through x-mas
- Run 6 days/week
- do my p90x yoga 2x/week

lilneezy 12-18-2011 04:08 PM

I achieved my first mini goal today. I am so proud of myself. Idk how i lost weight because I hane not been exercising. I only have changed my eating habits. I must start exercising to burn fat and build muscle!!! I am so excited!!! Hopefully I can be at 193 before 2012!!!