Old 09-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #1  
Harwell

S/C/G: 211/198/135

Height: 5'6"

Cool Scale Rules!!

I love hearing about other people's "scale rules"! There is no right or wrong way to weight yourself but everyone is different! How do you weight and how often?? There might be some TMI in this post since.... well you know why!

I weight myself EVERYDAY! It keeps me motivated and in check. If i lost a few ounces or even a pound it encourages me! If i didn't or gained it makes me try harder that day!

I weight first thing in the morning, after going #1, naked or just panties. TMI?

TMI- Preferably after #2 but that doesn't always happen!

I NEVER get on the scale in the afternoon/evening!

I have a cute little calendar in my bathroom that i write my weight on too. I love to see progress!

When TOM is in town I avoid the scale a few days before and during! I never see a loss and that gets frustrating day after day. So i avoid!

please share : ]
NadineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

'Scale rules', never thought of it like that before!

1. I have 'official' weigh-ins at the end of the month - I tried daily weighing but it didn't suit me. But I'm thinking of doing it once or twice during a month just to make sure the scale is going at the right speed in the right direction!

2. When I do weigh it's in just panties and first thing in the morning after a morning #1.

3. I record the weight on an Excel spreadsheet which I use to keep track of everything re weight loss/management I do.

4. I won't weigh the day after eating out (due to water retention). I've gone up 5lbs in one day before and did not like the scale at all that day!

I'm more inclined to be an intermittent weigher rather than daily. Seeing a larger loss over an period of non-weighing is just more satisfying to me.
coffe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I'm pretty much the same as NadineMarie. On occasion, since the scale is just sitting there, I will hop on mid-day. I know this is not the weight I track and I know I go up, but sometimes I'm curious. Oddly enough I did that today and it was LOWER than my morning weight. Crazy!

Only difference is I don't have the cute little calendar (although I may now run out and get one) and I do weigh during that time of the month. I agree it can be frustrating, but I get all out of whack when i mess with routines...
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Daily, first thing in the morning after #1 or 2, buck nekkid.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I always weigh myself in the morning after going #2. Sometimes naked, sometimes not, depending if I'm about to hop in the shower.

I find my weight is most consistent weighing first thing in the morning.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I also weight first thing in the morning after using the restroom. Naked as the day I was born.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #7  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
On occasion, since the scale is just sitting there, I will hop on mid-day. I know this is not the weight I track and I know I go up, but sometimes I'm curious.
i do this too. The more i lose weight and get in better shape the more curious i am about how my body reacts to the food i eat and the activities i do.
I typically do weigh myself before bed, just because im always curious about how much my weight changes when i sleep (typically about 2 pounds). i remember when i first started losing weight it would change up to 5 or 6 pounds overnight! i think that had to do with the kinds of foods i was eating, i eat much healthier now and so my weight tends to stay more consistent throughout the day.

i weigh myself in the morning, after i take my dog on a walk/run. i strip down, start the water for my shower, use the bathroom, and jump on the scale. i typically get on the scale several times just to make sure its saying the same thing (i need to get a new scale, but with all the foot traffic my bathroom gets during parties, it gets kicked around way too much for me to buy an expensive one right now).
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162.5/150s/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Daily, b/c I have A LOT of water weight fluctuations so weekly wouldn't give me as clear a picture of the downward trend. Like many others it seems, I weight after using the bathroom, but I weigh in my pjs. I have a chart tacked to the wall above my scale where I record the weight, and an excel spreadsheet I update a few times a week w/ the weights, bmis, daily loss, and total loss. I also measure myself once a week after weighing. Perhaps a little obsessive? At least it's keeping me motivated.
Dani84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

First thing in the morning after bathroom things while being completely nekkid.

I put my scale on one specific tile area on my floor. No where else. I step up. I take the first reading, whatever it is, and then I go enter it in my Excel spreadsheet.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

1. Weigh everyday no matter what (and especially after days that I ate out)

2. Must naked weigh first thing in the morning after peeing

3. I weigh even during my TOM because normally i see a whoosh if the scale doesn't change during it.

4. The only time I ever don't weight is if I'm traveling and don't have access to one or sometimes a day or two after a long flight simply because I put on some mad water weight during that time so the scale is really meaningless for a few days afterwards.

5. Sometimes I way at other parts of the day or after a workout but more out of curiosity than anything else.

6. I always weigh in the same spot on the same tile in the bathroom and try to stay towards the center of the scale.

Last edited by runningfromfat; 09-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #11  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

1st thing in the morning, after I pee
Naked

That is the time of day I weigh the least. I gain at least 2 lbs during the day from eating and drinking.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I try to weigh myself on Mondays. I will step on during the week, but I try to only do it once.
And it is always after I use the restroom, and in my night clothes, which are t shirts and panties.

Last edited by KellyAF; 09-30-2011 at 03:18 PM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #13  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

My rules: Weight first thing in the morning, when not working nights. If working nights...weigh after your sleep.

Weigh with clothes off. Weigh several times it you see the numbers bouncing from one number to another and take the second number.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #14  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

1) Weigh completely naked (yes, I even take spare hairbands off my wrists )

2) Weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom

3) Weigh daily and record in Excel spreadsheet
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Daily, first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom. I have an app on my phone that I keep track of my weight on.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote