Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #16  
Mem7883

S/C/G: 119/119/108

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I used to be ruled BY the scale, got waaaay to obsessed about it, quit weighing myself for three years, and gained about 12 pounds in the interim. Just last week, after feeling so depressed at no longer fitting into any of my jeans and sick of my failed weight loss attempts that were just too vague to stick with...I realized the scale could be a useful tool, it would give me a solid marker at least, and help me face that vague discomfort in my body with some concrete facts.

So! I fully understand the whole fluctuation thing and that daily changes result from many factors, but still, my now-routine naked morning weigh-in has become a ritual of sorts, that no matter what the scale says, is my little awareness bird on my shoulder saying ok, this is you today....and now let's be good to yourself! I know it's only been a week, and I'm not sure how I've mentally been able to change the weighings from a beat-myself-up thing to a daily moment of awareness and compassion for myself... But I almost enjoy how honest it makes me feel. I know that if i'm eating out of emotion, binging, it's somehow something I'm not facing... Also, I now feel that skipping a day could lead me back to vagueness, uncertainty about my goals and plan.

Keep up the great work everyone...and thanks for being here!
mem7883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

I used to weigh myself every morning religiously after peeing with only PJs on, however since I have adopted a puppy it has gotten harder to have the time to do so (and less safe to take my flip flops off since I know I wont find them when I step off the scale) so now I weigh in as often as possible, which realistically ends up being 2-3x a week.

Sometimes I will weigh myself at night, just to see the difference, but before jumping on the scale, I will give myself a pep talk about how this number I am about to see does not mean anything. hahaha
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #18  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Sabri - Everytime I weigh when its not the morning and prior to eating and drinking, I give myself a little pep talk too! I feel like I have to remind myself that it's not the morning or somehow I will forget. lol.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/174/145

Height: 5'5.5"

My scale rules are : When i first wake up after i empty my bladder,
naked except underwear (sometimes lol)
and before i eat.
If i weigh myself at the end of the day because i hadnt done it for a while, i take 3 lbs off the weight it says. Same if i'm wearing clothes
saabio is offline   Reply With Quote