Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/141/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Not Cast :(

Ughh So I haven't really been on here as much as I should and even when I do come on here I have just been lurking. I have had a really busy life (promotion, acting in multiple plays, taking courses all great things) and as a result my fitness and health have slipped and I have gained 10 pounds since Christmas.

I have been really down about the gain but trying to recommit anyway, I auditioned for a part in a show coming up and my husband auditioned too. We were hoping to get parts as the romantic leads playing opposite each other because we both act for fun but have never done so together. Anyway our town is small and our theatre company is small and tight knit. We all show up for auditions and it looks like I am going to get the part, until a new girl from out of town shows up - thin, sexy gorgeous, large breasts, tons of make-up. Well safe to say she is now going to be playing the romantic lead opposite my husband in the show and I didn't get a part.

I knew from the moment she walked in I didn't stand a chance anymore. My husband thought I still stood a chance because I am good and the director knows me and bless my husbands heart he said she is no prettier than me, but I knew. The director called and let me know I didn't get it and told me he knows I am great but have been in a few shows recently and basically she got it only because she is new and he wants some "new blood" in the theatre company. I can completely understand that but I can't help but think it is because he wouldn't mind looking at her gorgeousness during rehearsals for a few months and I am well honestly rather plain and unsexy. I am not saying that I am totally ugly. I have more of the girl next door/baby animal type cuteness- I am in no way sexy.

I am partly upset because this doesn't help my self esteem which is pretty low as it is, also because this hot girl will get to kiss my husband on stage (although I trust him completely) and because of my new and more demanding job, this was the only show of the season I would be able to participate in, so now no acting for me until the 2013 season.

I don't really know what I expect any of you to say I am just really depressed about this and I don't have anyone to talk to about it. I don't want to cheapen the excitement my husband has about getting to act in the show because it has been awhile since he was onstage by complaining to him, so I guess that's why I am complaining to you guys.

Thanks for letting me rant.
LittleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 368/336/165

Height: 5'6"

Hugs. I don't really know what to say but I thought I'd give you a cyber hug since you seem so down. THings will get better.
iHeartU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/141/125

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I know I will eventually feel better about it but ugh.
LittleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

So what if she's a skinny little thing with a cute face? Sounds like you have an amazing husband who really loves you! I would trade being a size 4 for that any day
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #5  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopdoop View Post
So what if she's a skinny little thing with a cute face? Sounds like you have an amazing husband who really loves you! I would trade being a size 4 for that any day
Too true!

Being turned down for a part is a horrible experience...before I came to uni I always used to audition for the female leads in our theatre company's shows and they always ALWAYS went to the small slim girls whereas I was always tall-ish and podgy. Worst feeling EVER.

But hey. They're now stuck working an office job on a small island and I'm in the big wide world studying Musical Theatre at uni and last term finally got my dream of being a leading lady. So chin up. Things always work out for a reason.

But until then: big hugs being sent your way (and wishes for the other woman to break her leg...literally. ha. I'm such a b*tch...)
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

That's just one of the harsh realities of the entertainment business, even in small theatre companies. There is a definite shallowness, **** when I'm in film casting mode I scare myself with some of the things I think about! But there is a difference in business and "real life". Sure she might be super thin, hot and sexy - but that doesn't make her a better person than you.

Don't compare yourself to others is what I'm getting at. If you compared yourself to every gorgeous woman you'd have a mental break down - and guess what? They'll be doing the exact same thing. Every woman has those moments where they look at others and feel that jealousy through comparison, but even the prettiest of girls have those moments. You said she wore tonnes of makeup? Yeah, that's probably because she thinks she looks hideous without it.

I'm sorry you didn't get the part in the play and you can't act until the 2013 season, but I hope you can pick yourself up from this and remember what you do have. Stay strong, you're sexy and gorgeous like she is in your own way, and be happy!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote