Old 05-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #1  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Accountability:Once and for all

Hey guys,

I decided to start this thread/blog in order to hold myself accountable.

I will give you guys a synopsis of my weight loss history. I have been actively trying to lose weight since I can remember. The last straw for me came when I was in college and reached my all time high weight of 220 pounds. So I begin my weight loss journey at 220 pounds. In 2009, I reached my lowest adult weight of 169 pounds for my wedding day. Over the course of a year I gained 18 pounds back, weighing in at 187 pounds. I got pregnant in the summer of 2010 and gained a total of 30 pounds putting me at 217. I have since had my baby on 4/22/2011 (a beautiful baby girl) and I have lost 26 pounds putting me at 191. I have recommitted myself to this weight loss journey, in order to be an example of healthy living and wellness to my little girl, in hopes that she too will choose a healthy, active lifestyle for herself.

Please feel free to post your own experiences, offer words of encouragement or simply read along as I re-dedicate myself to a healthy lifestyle.
unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #2  
Once and for all

The first 23 pounds kind of melted off after I had the baby. After weighing in at 194 pounds for a few weeks in a row, I decided that I had to make a change in the way I was eating and I needed to get active again. I didn't want to do anything too strenuous, so I started with Slim in 6.
After completing week 1 (Start It Up), I lossed 1.6 pounds, putting me at 192.8. I am currently on week 2 of Ramp it Up, and I must say that I am getting kind of bored. I have missed like two days and I cannot wait until I can start the next phase which is Burn it Up. I will keep you updated on my eating and exercising. Please pray for me.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I started at 220 too! and am 169 now! interesting coincidence of numbers. I will look up this Slim in 6. I have trouble sticking to one work out program but I always go back to my elliptical machine. I change things up with videos and free weights. Good luck!
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #4  
Once and for all

liliesinmycereal-Thanks for taking the time to read my story. First off, congrats on the weight loss. Doesn't it feel great. The Slim in 6 is a great workout for those who are looking to condition or ease themselves back into a workout routine that includes weight training. Since I just had a baby, I felt that it wasn't too strenuous, but strenuous enough that I would feel like I did a work out. If you are in pretty good shape, in terms of lifting weights, squats and lunges, you will prob get pretty bored with it, especially if you have trouble sticking to a routine, as it is very repetitive. (Just my opinion). But look it up and see if it is for you

Good luck to you on your journey and keep up the great work.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #5  
Once and for all

Goodmorning to you all!!!!

So, I completed Slim in 6 (Ramp It Up) this morning, and I must say that I am definitely feeling stronger. (BTW, I am nearing the end of my 2nd week of RIU). As I said in my previous post, I definitely feel like this workout program is for people who are at their goal weight and looking to tone and those people who are looking for a way to ease themselves back into a workout regimen. The exercises are not that strenuous at all. However, if you are new to working out, you may find that the moves are challenging.

The most challenging parts of the video for me are definitely the shoulder work (as my shoulders have always been weak, even when I felt that I was at my physical best) and the butt workouts on the floor. Today I have figured out a way to get through the butt routine without skipping out on it all together. I just decided that I would alternate legs instead of doing all the exercises on one leg at a time (DUH!!! Why didnt I think of this before). That way I am doing all of the exercises and not bailing out on them.

I must also add that I am doing the WW Points Plus in order to keep my eating under control. I have used the old WW program and had great success. I hope that this program is just as good, if not better. For people who are doing the new WW, do you have any insight you can provide? I have heard mixed reviews.

So far, my morning has been good points wise. I just hope that I can stay on track for the rest of the day with my eating.

Good luck to you all and have a blessed day.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #6  
Once and for all

Good morning all,

So today was suppose to be a day off from Slim in 6, but I felt ambitious this week and decided to do Slim in 6 pack, which is a BONUS DVD. This workout is approximately 11 minutes long, but I must say that I definitely felt the burn. Tomorrow is my last day of Ramp it Up and I will be starting Burn it Up on the 3rd. I am so looking forward to it for a little variation.

I finished out last night well with my eating and stayed within my points plus range. So far today I have done pretty well. The one thing that I must admit, is that I probably have not taken in as much water as I should. Today, I will commit myself to drinking at least 64 oz of water.

Tomorrow, I will post my weigh in after 2 weeks of RIU.

Wishing you all a prosperous and healthy day.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #7  
Once and for all

OFF TOPIC- I decided to give myself little incentives along the way. I know that I am doing this in order to live a healthier lifestyle, but I thought it would be fun to treat myself for every 10 pounds loss. We all know how difficult weight loss can be. So here are my incentives, along with dates that I hope to acheive the goal.

180- (July 8) $40 spree at Charming Charlie

170- (August 12) a new I Phone ( I am in desparate need as my current one has a cracked screen and missing volume button)

169- I know it is not a 10 pound loss from 170, but my husband decided to throw in his incentive for me as well, once I reached my wedding day weight. He won't tell me what he has in mind

160- (Sept 16) New workout wardrobe

150- (Oct 21) Hot New Pair of shoes

140 (Nov 25) GPS watch

130 (Dec 30) My ultimate goal weight (We'll see)- A new wardrobe
Old 06-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #8  
Once and for all

Good evening all. So I just finished my last day of RIU and I must say that I am super excited for 2 reasons. First, because I get to move on to Burn it Up, and second, because I am actually sticking to a work out routine.

So after 2 weeks of RIU, I weighed in at 191.4. Which is a 1.4 pound weight loss. At the end of start it up, I weighed in at 192.8. I it doesn't sound like much, but I am excited anyway, because the scale is moving in the right direction.

This is my third week of the Slim in 6 program and I am definitely feeling alot stronger and alot firmer than I did when I first started.

I stayed OP today with my eating, so that is a plus.

Hope evereyone is doing well. Good night
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #9  
Once and for all

Good afternoon everyone!!!

So today I started Slim in 6 Burn It Up, and boy oh boy was it a workout. This video is approx. 1 hour long, the segments are a lot longer than the previous videos and you dont get as much recovery time in between each segement. I can def see why its called BIU. My legs were burining during the squat and lunge portion of the workout. This video also has more core work as there are both standing and lying abdominal exercises.
BIU is to be done for 3 weeks, therefore, I don't think I will do a daily update unless there is something significant to report.

I have been staying OP with my eating so far today, and I must admit that it is becoming almost second nature.

Hope you all are staying OP. Good luck and feel free to post about any exercise routine that you may be doing.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #10  
Once and for all

Hello everyone,

So I am now on my 2nd week of BIU. I must admit, I took a couple of days off and my diet was not as clean as it could be. However, I am happy to announce that I am back on track with both my eating and exercising. For those of you who are parents, you can definitely understand how it may be hard at times, finding the time to workout. For example, today I did BIU and was only able to get 3/4 of the way done, b/c my little one woke up from her nap. I also, started running a mile in the mornings, which is a little easier to get in, b/c my husband does not leave for work until 8.

I am back on track and I hope you guys are doing well and sticking to plan.

Have a great one.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #11  
Once and for all

Good Morning all,

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking. Over the past week and a half maybe, my weight crept back up to 194. I couldnt quite put my finger on the cause of the weight gain at the time, but now that I had the time to reflect, I have found the cause of the problem. This thread was started so that I would hold myself accountable for every decision that I made when it came to food and exercise. I gained weight because I was not holding myself accountable. I would justify why it was ok to eat a certain type or amount of food, which is not cool.
However, I am happy to report that I am back on track and have lost the 4#that I gained.