Old 06-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Default Bad Week:(

I feel like I'm slipping...

I've lost 20 pounds so far and now I'm slipping. Like I'm losing it!
I Lost my workout buddy, which has really effected me negatively... and this weekend I have just lost my will power to eat Healthy!!

HELP ME!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there! We all hit rough patches. Just take a moment to remind yourself why you're doing this. Maybe re-evaluate your plan to see if there's something you can tweak to make you feel better.

You can do this!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  

You didn't lose willpower. your drive to lose weight is still there, otherwise you wouldn't be making this post-you know that you want to lose the weight, workout buddy or no workout buddy. =)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Don't let a bad week turn into a bad month.

You lost your workout buddy (sucks!) which means you lost your accountability to someone. You know that what works best for you is having a person there with you to work out. Or maybe they just remind you it's time to go to the gym or something. Try to find a new buddy as soon as you can!

In the meantime, do not put off your work-outs. If you have to lean harder on 3FC to be accountable to someone, then do it! If you have to check in daily or find someone who can ask you daily if you've done what you said you would, then do that! There are so many willing people here who are able to give you a nudge (even if it's not an in-person nudge) that may help until the time you find an in-person buddy.

You have not lost the willpower. You have it within you to make healthy choices. What do you KNOW you can commit to this week? Commit to it, because you know you CAN.

During these difficult times, for me, it's like I have two people in my head. The child and the parent.

The child: "I don't wanna! *tantrum*"

The parent: "That is too damned bad. You're going to anyways."

No excuses. You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/219/160

Height: 5'9

You can do this! Trust me, I think we all have them. Losing weight is not easy. If it were, everyone would be thin . Perseverance makes you stronger and I truly believe you can do this! You didn't just give up, you came to 3FC and asked for some support, this shows you still have the drive in you.
Workout buddy or no workout buddy, ultimately you are accountable to yourself, doing this for YOU and YOU deserve the best so keep working out until you can find another workout buddy. Don't let that simple hurdle get in the way of your goal! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!
ballerina454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #6  

Thank you all Sooooooooo much!!!!!!
It means so much to me to feel so much support!!
I can do this!
You guys are truly incredible!. I can't say enough times how thankful I am to have accidentally found this site!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Oh I feel you on losing the workout buddy! I've never had one before and recently (aka last Wed) started going with my roomie. I pushed myself so much harder when she was there! I lost her for the weekend-and was disappointed by my lack of effort at the gym without her. I would def try to find a new workout buddy...maybe just pick someone out at the gym and try to buddy up? Or do you work with someone who has a membership to the same gym?

Congrats on your loss so far! You can do it!

P.S. I also found this website accidentally a while ago. When I stop coming to the site its usually because I've fallen off the wagon. Lol. Coming here def helps keep me motivated! Its a great group of people!
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #8  

I use the rec center here in town, free gym But my friend and I were walking every day, zumba once a week and 3 gym days... Then she found better things to do with her time. I just don't seem as motivated alone...
but I'm done crying!!!
Back to work I go!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/219/160

Height: 5'9

She is going to wish she had stuck with you in the end. You just wait and see. Your time will be much better spent working out Proud of you for getting back on the band wagon!
ballerina454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

we all have bad weeks.. you can do this it'll be worth it as you continue to lose and see the changes, i had 7 whole weeks of nothing moving on the scale and this week it finally moved, and i'm so glad that i stuck with it...

you can do this
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #11  

Thanks you guys!!! Makes me smile so much to see such support!!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #12  

Girl slip up happens, your human I know ive slipped up plenty of times, just dont give up! a year from now you will be happy you didnt! Just try and do better tomorrow ..
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote