Old 05-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default post-vaca scale fear

Hi all---

I just returned from a weekend for my sister's bachlorette party and I was WAY off plan for the whole weekend.

I am scared to see what I weigh now, and I have been having some trouble mustering the courage to get on the scale.

Any advice? I know it's good to weigh myself, but I am worried it will really upset me---b/c I wanted to reach my weight goal of 150 before may 14th, and now, I am worried I am way off track from that.

librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

The weekend is over and what's done is done - but that's no reason not to pick yourself back up if you KNOW you didn't follow your plan, and do better today, tomorrow, the day after, and the day after. This is real life and there WILL be bumps in the road, setbacks, parties, celebrations, and just days you don't feel like eating 100% "right". Own it and just keep going, no matter what the scale says. You WILL reach your goal!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

Another thing I sometimes do is get back on plan and wait an extra day before I weigh-in after weekends of splurging etc. It will help smooth over any temporary increases from eating a larger volume of food, and then you're more likely to get an accurate reflection of what your weight has actually done since the last time you had weighed in.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

From my own experience, I would say get back on the scale as soon as possible. Back in March I got off the plan as we had a dinner party, and then a guest visiting, and so I knew I'd put on a few and was scared to see how much. And that fear stayed with me for a month and a half. I've only now gotten back on and was horrified to see how badly I'd let things go. For me, the scale is an incredibly important reinforcement mechanism. It's the first thing I do in the morning before my shower. It's good motivation for the rest of the day.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

i have the same situation-- it was my birthday this past weekend, and i decided to be "off" for my birthday. i am sticking to plan and exercising for a week before stepping on the scale again. i get very discouraged by temporary gains...
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I agree to wait a few days after being back on plan to weigh in Then at least you know all that water retention from sodium is gone.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default thanks!

thanks everyone!

I'll be sure to wait a little bit. Today is my first day back on track. I'll go run on wednesday, thursday, maybe birkham yoga friday.

I'll weigh back in on Friday, it gives me some time to boost myself back into shape. lol
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #8  
Captain of Cool

S/C/G: 205/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

I always avoid the scale if I've been bad or if it's TOM. I've found that if I don't, I get discouraged, and actually eat -worse- the next week. But if I don't, it's easier to just -assume- I'm losing weight, and therefore eat healthy.
PicklesThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

You didn't gain all the weight in just 2 days. I doubt it will set you back too much! Look at making it through the weekend and getting back on track during this week as a goal for yourself, and think about all the times in the past when you didn't do that. At least now you notice whats good for your body and what is not! You'll be fine!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote