Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default I lost..so what?

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem--actually, I'm sure many have. I just recently hit the big 5-0 over the weekend. 50 pounds lost. You'd think I'd be ecstatic. I remember 40 pounds ago I couldn't wait to be here. Everyone that knows has been so fantastic and supportive but everytime they look at me with a big ol' smile and ask, "How do you feel? Thats got to feel fantastic!" I'm like, um...I feel fine. I don't feel/see a difference at all. Many people come up and just gush over how much I've lost but to me it still doesn't seem like enough. I think it could be that my mind hasn't caught up to it yet and I think it's also me knowing just how much further I have to go. It is frustrating. Is/has anyone else been where I am now?

I really feel horrible because all of my friends and family who make a big deal always get mad at me because I'm just like, "Yea, so what? Big whoop" when I actually do know it's a big deal but its just not exciting anymore to get on the scale and see a new decade. I'm really hoping I get out of this funk because when I hit 199 I would like to scream to the roof tops. But I also said I would do the same thing when I hit 50 pounds. ARG. Someone help me bring back my excitement!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #2  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Maybe you could look for excitement in how much more healthy you are? Make a Dr. appt and get a blood panel and ask them to compare your stats since your last visit?

I'm skinnier than I have been in years and I still have fat days. However, my doctor's comments on my hard work and her encouragement to continue for optimal health keep me going! Good luck, you have done an amazing job so far and you will keep it up!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I know how you feel, but on a smaller scale. I have over 100 pounds to lose (my initial goal being an even 100), but although I am happy about having lost the 17 pounds I have, I know I have a lot more to go. Maybe you could just be experiencing a lull in your excitement, and that's OK. It takes a ton of energy to be excited all the time. You're doing a great job, and it's up to you to be exicted or to simply go on. Either way, kudos to you. Fifty is a wonderful loss. If nothing else, you should at least be quietly proud.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #4  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm actually completely with you. I happened to hit my 50 pound mark at the same time I hit 199 (my lowest weight since 9th grade), and still, no fireworks I had a really hard time getting the scale to stay consistently below 200, and when it finally did, I had moved on to being disappointed in the fact that I was hitting a plateau. I was actually waiting to hit 198 for 2 days in a row before jumping up and down about reaching onederland, and it was a full month before I managed to drop that pound and keep it off. Now I'm so focused on the plateau that whenever anyone compliments me on my weight loss, I just brush it off.

Personally, I think it's all just part of the huge mental game that goes along with losing weight. There are so many disappointments along the way, so many frustrations, so many times you just want to throw your hands up and give up. People who haven't gone through it just don't understand that seeing the scale drop isn't always accompanied by a dance of joy. I journal, and I'm trying to be very aware of the fact that losing weight isn't a solution to all my problems (so that I won't be disappointed when I reach my goal and my life still isn't perfect). This ride is definitely a roller coaster with plenty of ups and downs...just like I'm confident that the weight will drop eventually if I make good food choices, I'm also confident that my mood will lift eventually as well.

In the meantime, hugs
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #5  

I have been feeling like that at the 100 pound loss, 12 months ago I would have done anything to get to this point, but now, its just *shrug*, I do feel better, but I am still the same me! I think for me a deep part of me believed my weight was my only issue and overcoming that my world would all suddenly be clearer and incredible, but in reality my weight was just that weight, its gone but I am still me, and my world is still essentially the same (though I do love wearing cute clothes. )

Last edited by icedragon6669; 04-12-2011 at 10:29 PM.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #6  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Well done!! I hit 50 today also, I feel more excited about getting to onederland and out of the obese category. I think we wait so long for these numbers they don't mean as much as they should when we get there lol I usually have a delayed reaction and will probably be super excited at some random time

Last edited by supergir111; 04-13-2011 at 05:36 AM.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Congratulations on your acomplishment! Everyone here has given you wonderful advice as usual. I am feelng the same way at the moment. My life got very busy and complicated for about 6 weeks. I did watch what I ate most of the time and tried to walk when I could. My clothes were getting baggy but I thought that was a fluke when I had time to think about it at all. When I got around to it, I had lost 20lbs. I wasn't as excited about it as I thought I would be. I'm thinking however we feel about it is simply ok. The fact that we are doing it at all is amazing!
Great job!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

I get this too. After 50 pounds I feel good, I look good, but I'm still meh about it all. One thing that makes me feel better is when I do turn on my TV (Not all that often these days) and I see one of those dexatrim/hydroxycut type product ads where people are shown talking about losing 35 pounds! or more I no longer feel like it is impossible to lose it without those drugs and I feel great about myself for not giving up. I no longer want to shout it to the roof tops, but I remember sitting in my room a year ago and praying that maybe I could lose 45 pounds and I can feel proud of myself for having done that now. Even if I still can't feel great about me - I can check "weight" off the list of things I need to improve.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

What about putting on piece of clothing you wore 50 pounds ago? Assuming you still have some.

When I hit the 50 pound mark the first thing I did was put on the shirt I wore in my before photos, that really helped me to see the difference and feel better! Unfortunately it wasn't enough for me and I have ended up gaining back a lot of that 50, but I will get there again.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txalupa View Post
Maybe you could look for excitement in how much more healthy you are? Make a Dr. appt and get a blood panel and ask them to compare your stats since your last visit?

I'm skinnier than I have been in years and I still have fat days. However, my doctor's comments on my hard work and her encouragement to continue for optimal health keep me going! Good luck, you have done an amazing job so far and you will keep it up!
Same boat! I switched doctors and when she weighed me and looked at the charts, she was like, oh, wow...you lost 16 lbs by yourself in a year. Way to go! But, I'd like to see more loss. So I went in 2 months later and had lost 12ish pounds on WW and you'd have thought I had met my goal! She was gushing and hugging and clapping! I felt like I fool, but it was what I needed! We're waiting to do the blood panel because I just had it done in September and insurance won't pay for another for at least 10-12 months. But, having her encouragement meant the world to me. I feel like when I get below 200, I should call the office for another appointment! LOL
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #11  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I've def been there! I've just started smiling and agreeing about how great I feel half of the time because whenever I mention that I still have 20lbs to go people seem to think it's okay for me to stop if I want to. I look in the mirror and I can see a change from the pictures but I honestly still see so much work that needs to be done so it isn't as exciting. I mean I'm TOTALLY happy with where I'm at but health wise and physically I got a ways to go! Even tho I always said when I hit 160 I'd be SO happy, which I was...but now I just want to get down to 135 already!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

I still feel that way after losing 140 pounds... I like the way I look but I can't get excited because I'm not "finished"
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote