Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Default Big difference?

Lucky me, I have been doing WW since mid November and have never had to weigh in during TOTM. It began yesterday and I am supposed to weigh in today. Is there usually a big difference? I don't have a scale at home to tell. Maybe I will just skip weigh in this week and only go to the meeting...
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  

i can gain (though gain is the wrong word as its all bloating and water) 6 pounds up to 11 pounds on the first day of my TOM.

I will still always weigh but keep in mind that It can be TOM weight, usually I am just happy to come out that week even with no loss but even better no gain...
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/133.4/110

Height: 5'2

According to my (slightly-outdated) copy of Our Body Ourselves, PMS water retention is typically between 2-4 lbs, although it could be even more depending on your body type, current weight, hormonal levels and usage of contraceptive devices. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending that you stuff yourself full of dangerous diuretics or that you go on an asparagus binge, but I am absolutely in love with the Traditional Medicinals PMS Tea (just google "traditional medicinals pms tea", it won't let me link to it). It's a very, very slight diuretic, completely safe and natural, and I find that it helps enormously with that crampy, bloated feeling. I have one cup in the morning and another in the afternoon each day of my TOTM, and it really does minimize my water retention. Just make sure you drink water and stay hydrated as usual throughout the day. I'm not normally one to push products on people, but this tea is great! You can find it at most pharmacies, drugstores, health stores, and even at a lot of larger grocery stores. Best of luck!

Last edited by alicia89; 04-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.
alicia89 is offline   Reply With Quote