3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Adios to the 150s and 140s - 4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/229225-adios-150s-140s-4-a.html)

yhahmd 04-11-2011 10:21 AM

I still have 6.2lb until I can officially post here...but...I just wanna say hiii everyone! Can't wait to join you! Keep going, and good luck!

thelittleflower 04-11-2011 10:51 AM

Ughhh I totally know what you mean with the dining out thing. It's hard to eat healthy when people are eating fried, unhealthy (delicious) food. I think I need to stop dining out, period, except for like twice a month. I would stay OP so much better! Thanks for the tips librarygirl
Tropica -- congrats! How do you like your new 'do?
Wannabenurse -- Welcome! Hope you don't stay here too long :)

I ate like total crap this weekend. How can I MAKE myself eat better on the weekends? They are my total downfall. Dining out, drinking, etc. Everyone around me eats unhealthy and it gets so easy to justify it in my head :(

Anyone else have the weekends as their weakness? What do you do?

MzHopeful 04-11-2011 10:58 AM

My official weigh in was 147.5 today! Although I expected to hit the half way mark alot sooner then this, im trying to stay positive.. I havent been this weight for probablly 3 years.. so it is a victory regardless of how long it is taking me. :)

WannabeNurse--Congrats on 150's!! And welcome to the thread. :)

yhahmd--Congrats on your weightloss! And see you soon! :)

thelittleflower--Im the same way except my days off rotate..so its not always the weekends, it seems so much easier to stay on plan during the work week because its more structured. My only advice is to try to indulge a little just dont go overboard. I know thats way easier said then done, though. I have the same problem.

thelittleflower 04-11-2011 11:36 AM

MzHopeful --That is awesome!! Great work!

tropica 04-11-2011 04:46 PM

MzHopeful: Congratulations!! That is awesome!

Thelittleflower: I usually don't have a super hard time on the weekends...I'm kinda a stay-at-home-body, so I don't go out a lot and have that type of temptation. However, on the weekends I allow one day (usually Saturday) to eat more than I normally do. Friday, I try to stay op and Sunday I usually feel kinda bad for eating on Saturday or begin worrying that what I ateon Saturday will effect my weigh-in on Monday. Maybe try to allow only one day to be off plan instead of the whole weekend.

I have not gotten my "new do" yet. It will be this Friday! I have never had highlights before, so I'm pretty excited.

Missjessica 04-11-2011 07:51 PM

Finally, finally OFFICIALLY in the 140's!! Only by .4 lb but I'm in! :) Thank goodness, this last pound to get here has taken sooo long, it's really exciting! I finally get to wear my "140's" perfume :)

LindsB 04-11-2011 08:10 PM

Welcome missjessica!!!!

Missjessica 04-11-2011 08:33 PM

Thanks!! Crossing my fingers that the 140's will go much quicker than the dang 150's! :)

librarygirl111 04-11-2011 10:02 PM

weekend weakness

littleflower-

It's so funny that you talk about this, because for the longest time the weekends were my major weekends. It was a sick cycle of drinking alcohol and eating all the food I wanted to!

So, I just stopped drinking and it's helped----A LOT! Also, for the weekend, I carefully plan out what I am going to eat. It's how I get through the weekend. In order to master a diet, I find it necessary to conquer a weekend. The week is the easy part. I just eat little meals and ta-da! It's when the weekend comes that I miss it.

Part of something that also helps with the weekend weakness is the daily weigh-in board. For instance, on Friday night, I ate a TON of candy. Boy, did it show the next day on the scale. Learning to not be afraid of the scale is huge, and can stop you from big time weekend binges. Getting on the scale on Saturday was a big wake-up call, and although I didn't make the best decisions throughout this weekend, I did live the weekend up, and at the same time, I didn't go overboard.

hope this helps
amy

WeightForMe 04-11-2011 11:23 PM

I have to sometimes say no to my friends who wanna "hang out" aka dinner and drinks on weekends because i have ZERO will power at restaurants. I cant wait til i'm maintaining and maybe be able to go to dinner once a week w/o having to yell at myself for days afterwards lol

Anywho, I soooo hope i see 143 by this weekend. Im dying to hit that 30lb mark!

PandaSmasher 04-12-2011 10:42 AM

Well, I did it. 152.6 I weighed myself yesterday and today. Hit my short term goal and almost lost 25 pounds :D I'm totally excited. Closer to saying bye bye 150! Haven't been this low since '08

Ok, Also completely understand about friends and dinner. Just this past weekend I had a problem with one of my friends. We had recieved 10$ coupons to a restaurant and we were all going to go out to dinner. Well, hubby and I started a detox and would be finished the day after the coupon expired. So, as a last hurrah we went out. My two girlfriends understood, but friend who didn't kept bugging us abut going out! We kept politely declining and then this weekend I was hosting a movie night and cooking dinner. They asked us...yet AGAIN. We told them no and then they asked if only I could come out. They figure I failed my diet since I failed to drink protein shakes (nassttty shaaakes!) so I could go out. :( It's really hard but this friend likes to eat out a lot and doesn't like healthy food. *sigh*

They ended up going out before having dinner at my house (no problem) and we made a dinner date to go out with them in May..

tropica 04-12-2011 02:48 PM

Yay!!! Congrats PandaSmasher!

MzHopeful 04-13-2011 10:06 AM

Congratulations Panda!

Krizstyling 04-13-2011 01:53 PM

Congrats Panda!!!! Amazing!

I too understand about friends. My friends have all been extremely supportive but they don't get the whole "not drinking" thing. For me it wasn't so much about weight loss (altho it DEF helps!!) it was more like, what do I need a drink for? I used to drink 2 glasses of wine upon coming home from work and would chug down 10 red bulls and vodkas on the weekends both nights when out, so I understand this is a MAJOR change but I decided I wanted to be healthy on ALL fronts and more then anything, i wanted to remember it the next morning =)

I think the whole drinking thing is the one thing they just can't seem to grasp. Eh, oh well! I'm going to keep chugging (not liquor) along =)

As for me, I'm finding the more I lose the harder it is to get it OFF!! ANy advice from you ladies who started with the same stats or similar would be great!

I lost my first 60lbs in 7months and now it's taking me WEEKS just to shed 2lbs!!! It's killing me inside. I guess I could go harder in the food dept.

Anyway, I am finally 156.8 and I just want to get to an even 150 so I have a firm 15lbs to lose!!!! There's no way this bod is gonna be beach ready if I can't get there!

librarygirl111 04-13-2011 06:29 PM

closer to say goodbye 150s!!!

I am close to saying goodbye to the 150s!

Can you believe it?

I can't!

I got on the scale yesterday, and I weighed 151. I got on the scale today, and I weighed 152. I do weigh myself everyday, however, I only really count it on Wednesday. Since last Wednesday, I have lost 2 pounds! Now, I am 2 pounds closer to 150!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, my mind is swirling. I haven't been in the 140s since I was 14 years old. This is going to be AWESOME!!! :carrot:

lololol!
Pandasmasher & Weightforme - It's so hard to eat out on a diet. However, I think that sometimes its inevitable to go out to eat to eat, and I think it's great to plan for it too. Learning how to tempt yourself in that environment every once in a while is a great thing to do, consider it "training wheels" for when you have to learn how to maintain your weight.

As for buddies, I've learned how to eat out with them without them figuring it out.

Have you tried Applebees? They have a fantastic under 500-calorie meal section. I love it! The hubby loves it too b/c he gets his BBQ ribs, and I get to go out for the evening and not eat over 500 calories! LOL

It's all about research---I'm a librarian---so it's a little easier for me than most people, but I always research a place before I eat there. It helps so much! Get a smartphone and do a google search before you eat somewhere, you'd be surprised what kind of restaurants have good meal plans. Drink like two full glasses of water before you start to eat anything too. That's probably a good idea.

However, be lenient about going out to eat, it's a normal, happy, and can be healthy part of life. You have a choice in what you can order. Focus on how fun it is to be waited on, how nice it is to not doing any dishes, and think about why you are really going out---to socialize with your buddies!

However, go out to eat when you are ready, because if you are already doing a great job, there's no need to do something scary. However, do get into the mindset of how you will start to integrate restaurants into your life.

Yes, they are the wildcard of all, but they kind of are an integral part of American life. Learning how to eat out at resaurants has been key for me. I get the healthy meal everytime that I go out. And, it's really been working. I don't feel like I am shackled to my house anymore, but instead feel confident in myself to go to a restaurant, and make the correct eating decision, a hard feat to do, for sure.

Kriz---First off, congrats on losing 60 pounds! I used to be 167 pounds, and I've finally leaned down to 152 pounds. I try to do a 1500 calorie diet a day, with about 100 grams of protein. I work out four times a week (3 times I run 4 miles, 1 time I do Bikrahm yoga). This has been working amazingly for me! Just try to amp up the protein. I get mine from yogurt, protein shakes, deli meats, and beef. I search on nutritional packages for ways to get more protein and fiber.