Old 03-27-2011, 04:57 AM   #61  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I just wanted to pop in and say Rainbow- check your contract at work, sometimes theres a minimum amount of hours that they can give you and if it says that, then legally you have to get those hours. So you might not be entirely screwed. And good luck for wednesday!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon I have no contract -_- I asked for one twice when I started and it never eventuated so I just gave up asking - not good I know, but retail...I guess it happens like that sometimes.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #63  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Rainbow - boo on losing hours, I hate it when hours get cut. January through April is the toughest time of year for me. I work in retail, too, and it's slightly ridiculous.

jmko - I have the saggy frog butt thing in ALL of my 18s. I tried on a pair of my mom's 16's and I fit. Then, since all her pants are "tall" and I'm CLEARLY not a "tall" I tried on a pair of my friend's size 16 jeans and they fit! I have severe muffin-top and whatnot, but I can get them on reasonably easy and they button.

----

Gotta run! I'll edit this in like, an hour when I get back home.

EDIT: Now I'm back home and have no recollection of what I was even going to say earlier. I will add though, holy flock of deer, Batman. Dropping my friend off at work I counted 16 deer in one person's lawn. it was RIDICULOUS.

Last edited by Laneyy; 03-27-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #64  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Icon I have no contract -_- I asked for one twice when I started and it never eventuated so I just gave up asking - not good I know, but retail...I guess it happens like that sometimes.
:O wait, so do you pay tax on your income? I'm not going running to IRD, but I'm paranoid about things like payslips, contracts etc. I think it comes from my dad, who has kept every payslip ever so no one can ever say that his money isnt his (luckily now we are all electronic and I dont have to store stacks of paper like him!)

You should totally get onto them about that though. Its a really important document and legally you gotta have one! Although I guess if they're cutting hours its a bit tricky...

And it does mean you could have as much holiday leave as you want
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #65  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Jmko - Sorry you're husband did that, I'd say thats a pretty ****ty thing to do that's for sure! I'd be livid right now and probably would have taken off my wedding ring and went out and did something with the girls.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon Oh yeah, it's all legit through IRD and stuff - I pay tax plus student loan tax or whatever it's called since I have a giant loan...and I get a payslip each week, I just never signed anything based on hours. I started off with one day a week, went up to 2...then 3...then 4...more hours over Christmas, back to 4...and now I'm down to 3 again, except one of them isn't a full day anymore. So it's like 2 and 3/4 days. I'm just really hoping the second interview goes well and I can leave all of this behind. Not that I haven't enjoyed the job, but I don't like that my hours can change like this so radically, just when I was beginning to rely on them.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #67  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

After 9 days of going hog wild I am only up 1.5 kg. Not so bad at all given some of those days were proper binge days as far as calories and behaviors were concerned. Here's to hoping for improvement.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Laneyy Woah that's a lot of deer. We don't have them in urban California, but when I lived in Minnesota they were everywhere in the spring.

Rainbow I have my fingers crossed for your second interview, and as you said earlier, I definitely think your personality shines through. You are awesome and deserve the job!

JLNichols Good luck on the 120s, dang you are just cruising through the 130s!

Ok, I saw 139.4 this morning. I am hoping I will see it tomorrow too, only 0.2 away from 50 pounds lost. I keep having to tell myself that I don't want the number without the fitness. I meant to go to the gym before work tonight, but then I worked 14.5 hours last night and ended up just crashing out for the day. I need y'all to hold me to it, I WILL go to the gym tomorrow, or you have permission to tease me all week.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote