Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default does anybody else do this?

i was laughing at myself today becuase i really wanted a piece of choolate, well i went to look at the calories and fat content and was like He** no! that 10 extra mins of jillian! lol and i realized that when i want to cheat on my new eating habits i now measure everything in excersize lol it really helps! does anybody else do this?
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I can relate! Except I usually think in terms of meals. For example, I'll look at the nutrition facts on ice cream and think 'Damn, that's a whole breakfast!'. My friends give me looks when I see them snacking on stuff, because I'll say 'Oh gosh my lunch was less calories than your snack!' or 'I'll have to do a lap around campus to work off 2 cookies'.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Lol, I agree with Michi...I think of it in how many other things I could eat that would fill me up more. . It makes me put the offending item down and slowly back away . I believe they call that progress! Haha
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #4  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

I definitely do this. Like last night, I was like mmm chocolate. Then I was like, self, you could eat a whole orange instead of that.
Counting calories now makes me surprise at how some people are just tossing back food with no regard to calories and I'm sitting there thinking about all I could have eaten instead of the unhealthy snack someone else has.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I usually relate it to something healthy I can eat AND a healthy alternative to my craving.

For example, when offered a piece of chocolate cake the other day ... I thought "I could have an egg white omlet with spinach and mushrooms and light cheese and salsa AND a vitatop brownie with cool whip free" and come out with less cals. And that is exactly what I ate instead. :-)

That way, I'm making a good decision and still rewarding myself with something that eases that craving as well. :-)
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #6  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I totally do this!
I havent had any sort of baked goods for the last 10 months and my professor brought in doughnuts yesterday...my favorite kind!
I thought "you've reached goal, its okay to have a treat, just count it in to your day" so I looked and when I saw the nutritional facts and saw one little doughnuts was so many calories, I thought about the comparable calories in my new love-frozen grapes. I didnt want that doughnut anymore.
I also agree with what others said and noticing what friends eat haha It feels weird when I do a mental tally and think "wow, theyre eating more right now in their snack than my entire dinner." Or thinking about the calories my friends consume in alcohol....the other night my friend drank more beer calories than I eat in an entire day. It blows my mind lol
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

I think of it in terms of exercise as well. For example, today I went to Olive Garden with a friend. I ate fairly well, but it was still more calories than I would normally allow myself for lunch. So......I was going to take today as an "off" day from exercise because my weight training class killed me yesterday, but now I'm thinking an hour on the bike = 600 calories burned.
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi702 View Post
I can relate! Except I usually think in terms of meals. For example, I'll look at the nutrition facts on ice cream and think 'Damn, that's a whole breakfast!'. My friends give me looks when I see them snacking on stuff, because I'll say 'Oh gosh my lunch was less calories than your snack!' or 'I'll have to do a lap around campus to work off 2 cookies'.

Totally. Agree.
beerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote