Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default who would have thought?

well....when i go on a "diet" i get so worried that i eat to much so i never allow myself to get full, like if i start to feel full i put down the plate and say enough! lol.anyways so far in the last 2 weeks ive only lost 6 pounds (5 the first week, 1 the second) and i know thats a normal weight loss but i also know my bodys ability to shed weight like crazy once i start eating right (the only way im fortunate in weight loss lol) so yesterday i was so hungry for some reason so i ate a lot by my standards but i'm figuring it was somewhere around 1400 calories.

The point is i was so full i was sure that when i got on the scale this morning i was going to of gained a pound back, but instead i had lost a pound lol. so my lesson i learned this week is that i was not eating enough and it was seriousl;y hindering my weight loss so now im uping my calories from 1100 to 14000 a day and i think i'm going to start losing weight faster! i just wanted to post this in case anybody else is haveing this problem, becuase i've been working out hard core with less than positive results and i found out i wasn't eating enough!
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay! I love those breakthrough moments Congratulations!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #3  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

I've had this happen before. It's so crazy to think that you need to eat to lose weight... still boggles my mind sometimes haha.
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #4  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure it's just a silly typo, but I still smiled when I read you were upping your calories to 14000.

I have struggled with this myself. It's seemed logical to me that the less I eat, the more I will lose, but it just hasn't been the case; not only does it make me miserable, it also doesn't help me lose. So I've had to start eating more of the stuff that's better for me in hopes that will make the scales move!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #5  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

i too found this one out int he similar manor as you did. and congrats on the pound lost!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 AM   #6  

ok, you guys promise it works if you up your calories?

I've been limiting my calories for over a week, and started working out intensely over the past 4 days. The darn scale is not budging...in fact.. it'll creep up a pound or two and fluctuate. I'm so annoyed. Whereas before... if i went on a walk, and simply avoided junk food and ate normally i lost 5 lbs one week. It was so exciting that i decided i would work out more and eat even less hoping to have somewhat similar results and ITS NOT WORKING. I've heard before that you have to intake more calories (healthy) of course, and this post only reinforces that.
So my question is...how do you find your "sweet" spot for calories?

Last edited by Merissa2011; 01-21-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Merissa2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

don't lose hope, Merissa! 4 days is nothing in the long run. Your body is getting used to a big change...a good change!!! Just keep it up!!! Looks like you're doing great, and keep changing things up.

Our bodies respond more to change than anything.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSharing83 View Post
I'm sure it's just a silly typo, but I still smiled when I read you were upping your calories to 14000.

I have struggled with this myself. It's seemed logical to me that the less I eat, the more I will lose, but it just hasn't been the case; not only does it make me miserable, it also doesn't help me lose. So I've had to start eating more of the stuff that's better for me in hopes that will make the scales move!
yes a typo indeed if that was my calorie count i think i would have to do nothing but eat lol i would be an awesome contest eater hahahaah
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote