Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #1  
The weightloss monster

S/C/G: My starting with is at 255

Height: 5'10

Default The weightloss Monster needs some help :(

I'm 18 year old weightloss monster who needs some encourage and some guidance. I've pretty much taken many things over the counter such as (hoodia, hydroxy, slimfast, quickslim, Herballife, ect) ~I'm even gonna go on ali haha~ but I need help starting a weight loss routine. I'm 256 and I need to drop 73lb before 2012. Any eating tips or excise advise would be nice. Sadly I'm no fan of the cardio but I do love weights besides bench press I'm so weak in the arms. I can do leg press up to 400lb ~my obsession at the gym~

Please leave me some encouragement or any tips. I'm gonna try to do a five pound a week goal and if anyone knows any good weight loss blogs I'd appreciate it

Thanks
~The weight loss monster
Amplify69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #2  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Remember it is all about calories in vs. calories out! I'm sorry, but there is no "diet pill" that is going to help you lose weight and keep it off. Most of them are dangerous to your health anyway and that alone defeats the purpose of losing weight, right?

Try counting calories and find an exercise that fits into your lifestyle. Keep a food and exercise journal...it will keep you aware of what you are consuming and how much you are working out.

Good Luck!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #3  
The weightloss monster

thank u I will
Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

I agree with Tori J completely with counting calories, and the diet pills.
IMO: 73 pounds in two months is WAY too much though , even with an extreme diet pill.
Why do you feel you need to lose 73 pounds before 2012?
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #5  
The weightloss monster

I want to go to tokyo in 2012 and for once be in a bikni while I'm there. I can't go as I am.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

you want to go to tokyo? hey, i live in japan so say hi to me when you get there!

i agree completely with what Tori said... counting calories, eating less, there's no way around it! as for exercise, a lot of people on it are doing the "30 Day Shred" video and keep raving about it. i've just started so i haven't seen results yet but i think it'll be good. i think you can't really get around cardio either, but that video is only 20 minutes, so... it's doable! also, you could try going out for walks after dinner at night. i'd just play some dance tunes on my ipod, go out and walk fast along to the beat for 30-45 mins. even if it's not some crazy cardio, it's good for starting out i think!

good luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #7  
pleasantly plump from '82

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'9

Move more and eat less. That is as simple (but also incredibly difficult) as it gets. You can DEFINITELY lose 73lbs by 2012 that's about 2lbs a week minus holiday weeks and your birthday. Just start with little things. Maybe eat a green salad, walk a mile, skip dessert, drink water.... I am on Weight Watchers and have lost 24 lbs in the last 10 weeks.

Good Luck!
sal27253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #8  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

You can do it!

I have tried a lot of the pills too- and honestly, I have had better luck without them. After taking the "energy-boosting" brands with either guarana or caffeine, I was getting concerned that it was making my heart beat too fast. :| And as soon as I stopped taking hoodia, my appetite came back with a vengeance. And don't even get me started on Alli - I would NOT recommend that pill to my worst enemy. I followed the programs line by line and... I have just had the best luck with sticking to a 1300-1500 calorie diet and getting in 30 minutes 5 days a week of exercise (no more, no less).

At my highest weight, about 265, I was in high school 16-17 yo and I was desperate to try anything. I had my thyroid checked, I took prescription Metformin and Phenteramine and... from my experience, I would not recommend any of them to anyone. I feel 100x better now that I've been getting in regular exercise, drinking more water, more sleep!! (that was huge for me), and eating regularly throughout the day.

I think losing 73lbs in a little over a year is completely feasible. Just know that you will hit plateaus. It will get harder to lose weight and you WILL fluctuate, so don't let it discourage you. Just remember the long-term goal of feeling better and being healthier.

And welcome!
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #9  
The weightloss monster

I will say hi for sure -I can't wait to go there haha (seriously cannot wait)-
Old 12-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

I apologize for the earlier post I made, I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's 2011 already.
You can do it!
And btw, you are so lucky you are going to Tokyo! Have fun!
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #11  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I too agree with Tori. Calorie counting is the way to go, diet AND exercise is what can help you reach that goal. It is totally feasible to lose 73lbs before 2012! TOTALLY, there are tons here who have already done it!

Another thing about lifting...lifting is good but if you dont' want to bulk up and instead just tone (which is what most women want to do) I wouldn't be benching 400lbs...more like 5-10lb weights...doing cardio along with lifting will help you get there faster.

Last edited by Krizstyling; 12-06-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #12  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Love Weight Watchers. I know it's pricey, but I HAVE to have the accountability of going and weighing in weekly. It helps keep me motivated!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

The only thing I can say is this:

Ditch the diet pills. They're dangerous, unregulated (with the exception of Alli) and you don't need them.

I'd also change up your goal. 5lbs a week is pretty unreasonable and unhealthy to continue for months on end; think more long-term. 2lbs a week is more than enough to get you to your goal in time!

Make sustainable changes. I'm sure you've heard this over and over and over, but it's really worth it to change your relationship with food and exercise instead of going "on a diet". There's no point in losing the weight if you can't maintain it, and maintainance is the hardest part by far! Focus on that as your long-term goal.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote