Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #1  

Default Bunch of Questions!

Okay first off, any 20s single moms around here trying to lose weight?! I'm just wondering how you manage with the working out - its 8:30pm where I am and my child just won't go to sleep. I find after 9:30ish there is no way I'm going to get a workout in and it just isn't possible to do it with her awake (she gets scared everytime I get on the elliptical). Its my biggest workout struggle!

Also at which point does it become easier to stop with the calorie guilt!? I had a busy day today at work and wasn't able to have a snack in the afternoon which then of course resulted in not eating for 6 hours which then in turn resulted in me wanting to stuff my face all night! I'm trying to eat 5xs a day to keep my metabolism and its been working but this skipping a snack thing has me thrown completely off and I feel really bad about it because I did sooo good all week.
green5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey! welcome to 3FC We have lots of mums here! I'm sure they will pop in at some point. How come your daughter is scared of the elliptical?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #3  

Thanks

I'm not really sure why she is scared. She just turned 2 so I think once it starts going and I'm on it, it must be pretty terrifying for her. She freaks out in an inconsolable fit and I can't very well leave her like it so that ends my workout! She finally went to sleep so I guess I will get one in tonight
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

maybe you could do another kind of workout? just going for a long walk with your kid in the stroller, or going to the park and playing with her could be a good work-out!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I get up at 4:30 and work out before work. My little one sleeps until 7.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #6  

Oh wow, I don't know how many 4:30am workouts I'm going to manage to get in! Good for you though, that is what I call determination!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Mine are a little older, so they're both in school and that gives me time as well, but my daughter only started in September, so there were definitely plenty of mornings of waking up early to get that work out in. I make a work out of going to the park, or whatever physical activity we're doing, too. You just have to learn to sneak it in wherever it fits!
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote