3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How are you losing weight and what are your goals?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/217750-how-you-losing-weight-what-your-goals.html)

Paloma 11-21-2010 11:24 PM

Hi, I just joined 3fc too. Over the last 9 weeks I've lost 20 lbs by calorie counting. I've also added in exercise at least 6 days a week. I had been doing just cardio for an hour to an hour and a half but I just started adding strength training in too.

My ultimate goal is to be at 127 lbs, which is smack dab in the middle of the healthy bmi range for my height and exactly 50 lbs from my starting weight. However, I weighed exactly the same on my last weekly weigh in which was quite frustrating since I was really good all week and felt like I had lost. So I ordered my own scale and some body calipers and am going to add body fat % goals once they arrive. That way if the scale doesn't move I can still tell if I'm at least getting healthier.

When I first started I promised myself a new phone at 15 lbs, then moved it to 20 lbs. But honestly I don't want rewards like that anymore. Smaller clothes are the only rewards that motivate me now!

jess jp 11-21-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TapasLover (Post 3577876)
Do you have any rewards for yourself?
All this money I'm saving by not eating out as often, drinking less, etc. is being funneled into a vacation account. Next summer, the hubs and I hit Spain. Barcelona may never be the same:D

what a great goal-reward! i love spain and lived there for 7 months a couple years ago. we were in zaragoza, about few hours from barcelona-which we visited once, it was awesome.:D
adore your username too! i love me some tapas..........:)

krampus 11-21-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paloma (Post 3578390)
When I first started I promised myself a new phone at 15 lbs, then moved it to 20 lbs. But honestly I don't want rewards like that anymore. Smaller clothes are the only rewards that motivate me now!

I dunno if you're as much of a shopper as I am but this is better motivation than any gadgets or spa treatments could ever be!

popspry 11-22-2010 12:00 AM

My realistic goal is 140 but I'd love to be 130-135. I just don't see that happening however. I calorie count/calorie cycle and try to exercise but mentally, it's a real struggle for me. I pretty much feel everyone else drops weight twice as fast as me so I'm a bit depressed lately.

MissESQ 11-22-2010 01:40 PM

My plan

So I just joined today, Yay! I’m excited. It’s exactly five months from my 30th birthday so I have some major goals. I lost 13 pounds over the summer but I am considering today my official start and my weight is 210. I haven’t been under 200 in years. My major problem is staying motivated. I know what works for me, it’s just sticking to it that’s the problem.

I don’t do calorie counting because it’s not practical for me. I live on chocolate, seriously, I live on it. So if I cut that out or treat myself once a week without going crazy, I will lose weight. I also need to eat more regular meals, I tend to eat one big meal a day and that’s not good. So that’s what I hope to do. I also want to take advantage of the boardwalk that I live next to. Today I walked 4.6 miles, me and my dog. My dog was giving me this … “are you crazy?” look, so I knew I was really working out. So that’s my plan.

nikkster 11-22-2010 02:35 PM

what is everyone doing to lose weight?

Making healthy choices and avoiding processed & fried foods. I fill up on veggies, fruits, grains, (fiber filled foods) and lots of water. I eat lean meats of chicken, pork and no beef. I keep my carbs to a minimum and make sure they're whole grains. I dont drink my calories either. I kind of count calories, I check the nutrition information on everything, but I make good judgement on my meals. Im eating about 1200-1500 cals.
I workout 1hr to 1hr 20-30 mins about 5-6 days a week. So far I've lost 21lbs and it's almost been a month.

What are your goals?
-To get to 280 by mid January.
-Continue my progress in the semester of student teaching.
-Get to 200 and see how I feel about loosing more. (I want to get to a size 12-14 in pants while I'm a 24 now and 18/20 2X on top)
-Look more like twins with my twin sister

Do you have any rewards for yourself?

-Clothes
-Getting healthy and TOM on track

prepping 11-29-2010 05:32 PM

I'm not quite new, but I certainly haven't been an active member at 3FC for a lonnng time! And I'm back! :)

I've generally been hovering around 180 for the last 4 years but recently found myself getting up to 189 and am determined to catch the weight gain before I hit 190!

Current: 5'11" and 189 lbs.
Goal: 170 lbs. (secretly 160 lbs)
The Plan: No junky food. Lots of water. Calories around 1500/day of well balanced foods. Limit alcohol on weekends to one 100 calorie drink. Develop my work out routine to be consistent and at least 4+ days per week.

Why now? Because I am tired of my clothing fitting too tightly when I remember them being loose on me before. I hate muffin tops and when your shirts ride up as you walk. And I want to stand in front of a mirror and genuinely think that I look awesome rather than seeing nothing but love handles, thunder thighs, huge hips, and the round of my belly.

This is exciting! It feels good making a commitment!