3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How are you losing weight and what are your goals?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/217750-how-you-losing-weight-what-your-goals.html)

KikiTamato 11-18-2010 11:11 PM

How are you losing weight and what are your goals?!

Hey Girls!

I am new to the website and was wondering.. what is everyone doing to lose weight? What are your goals? Do you have any rewards for yourself?

I have been doing the South Beach diet and working out at least 4 times a week. I've lost about 15 pounds since August and have 20 to go. My short term goal is 175 since I haven't seen that number in a couple years. I am very excited to break out of the 180s!! I joined the website so that I could stay motivated now that I have shared some of my progress I am a little more accountable ;)

For reference.. I am 22. My starting weight was 196. Current 181. I am 5'7.

LindseyLou 11-18-2010 11:20 PM

Hi Kiki! :D
I am calorie counting at the moment. Although I'm thinking trying of weight watchers or SBD. But, for now I'm ok with good ol' calorie counting. My goal is 140 (~20 more to go!). It's been probably 4 years since I've seen that weight..so my goal weight might be less, not sure yet. I remember being ~140-145 and feeling and looking really good. I was wearing a 6 and felt great really! :) When I reach my goal weight my reward is to donate/pitch my old "fat" clothes and buy new "thin" clothes!! :yay:

Congrats on your WL thus far! :woohoo:

fat chick 123 11-18-2010 11:21 PM

sounds great! the south beach diet is pure awesome ness. I have done it before. But now im trying the Atkins diet. But with my own little touches. ;) i always find it better to tweak the program to your own personal needs. :) Working out 2wice a week for 2+ hours. :)

starting W : 200 Current : 188 I am 5'8

Welcome to the club :)

Krizstyling 11-19-2010 01:06 AM

Kiki Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your weight loss thus far!

For me, I am just limiting my caloric intake from 1400-1600, I change it up weekly. I do not write things down but I think as I get closer to my goal I may start. I dont want to count for the rest of my life so I'm trying it both ways =)

I started in August too! Love those August starters. I also do boot camp anywhere from 4-5x a week (a str8 hour each class)depending on the week.

For rewards, every 4 weeks if I went to boot camp faithfully I go out and have a turkey burger and french fries haha. I love that reward =)

My goal is 140 ultimately, BUT I won't know for sure if I will go lower then that until I see how 140 looks on me. I can't even remember the last time I was that size...(maybe High school? Maybe college when I lost a lot of weight really fast because of a bad breakup?) I was never big on weighing myself...it is more about me being healthy more than anything.

I've noticed that working out tightens me up more than anything and most of my friends think I've lost more than I actually have because of it. I'm actually getting a behind! Something I don't think I've EVER had =)

I wish you much luck and success in your journey!

funluvin 11-19-2010 01:34 AM

Hi im new here aswell im currently calorie counting 1200 cals a day and exercising 30 minutes each day im rewarding myself with a new top, shoes,lipstick etc just something i like once in a while

JOLINA 11-19-2010 02:40 AM

I am counting calories..I am down to 1650 calories per day...and losing weight real slow.
I lost 20 lbs since June.

Now I am starting on the next 20.
I hope to get down to 175.
Then maybe go down to 135.
It will take awhile, but I am on my way.

I get discouraged once in a while and think I am not making any progress. :(
So I go over my notes I keep ... on changes I see in my body, to renew my confidence. :dizzy:

I watch the videos of Ruby Gettinger on the net. She inspires me as well as the losers on the Joy Fit Club.
Although I have never been as heavy as Ruby is now, she is still a great inspiration to me.
And the Before/After pictures on this site motivate me also.

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

:turkey:

kerielaine 11-19-2010 02:48 AM

Hi and welcome! I'm new to this board as well. :)

I started out at 340lbs in January of 2010. My health was on the line. My doctor said my blood pressure was too high and that I needed to lose weight immediately. I realized that it was time to act on this. So I cut out meat, salty foods and sugary foods. I lost 20lbs between January and February. I took a break from March to June because I left my husband in February and things were to stressful to focus on a diet. I didn't gain any weight but I wasn't trying to actively lose any either. Then from June to now I've lost another 40lbs. I am now 280. I became a vegan in September. I've mostly lost this 60lbs on just diet. I'm starting to make exercise an important part of this now because it seems I've stalled on the weight loss.

My goals are this:

Mini-goal 1: Reach 246- be out of the "morbid obesity" category.
Mini-goal 2: Reach 199.
Mini-goal 3: Reach 175- weight I was in Jr. high.
Final goal: Reach 150- no longer considered "overweight" at 154.

I am 26 years old and 5'6".

Sunday 11-19-2010 04:09 AM

I am losing with diet meal delivery on a 1,500 calorie plan.

My goal is to be under 75 kg and maintain my weight in the 70s for life.

I want to make new habits a part of my routine and move on from weight obsession, be healthy mentally, accept my shape and body, and shop at normal stores.

I really want to find boots that fit easily but my calves are notoriously difficult to slim out!

I looove stalking the maintenance subforum here, it is SO inspiring for me. A non-scale goal for me is to have lost the weight and be able to post in there as a chick in maintenance. :)

KawaiiCandie 11-19-2010 08:03 AM

hey hi, welcome! whereabouts in Canada are you from? i'm from montreal, but i live in Japan now! :p

i'm calorie counting like the rest of them (or more like calorie aproximating cuz i don't always write it all down :p) and i've lost 17 lbs since july. i'm kinda on a plateau right now and it's making me cranky, haha.

i don't like exercise either but a lot of people on here have suggested doing the 30 Day Shred dvd, so i started doing that. i quite like it cuz it's only about 20 minutes and i can tell myself "it'll be over soon!!!", haha. also i like jillian ;)

my scale here's in kgs though and i'm aiming for 76.5 (which is like 167lbs) for christmas, since it would make my total weightloss 10 kilos. it's sooooo much harder than it seemed at first cuz my scale has been swinging aound 78.6 kg for the last 3 WEEKS!!! grrr... but i'll get there. i'm not giving up.

the girls on here are all really nice, and a good source of motivation! :)

linny544 11-19-2010 08:25 AM

Hi, Im new too! Im doing calorie counting this time around, I have tried Jenny Craig though had sucess but couldnt maintain off the program. So I'm limiting myself to 1400 calories on off workout days and 1600 calories on workout days. Workouts are usually and hour to an hour and half so I find 1400 calories is just too little those days. I'm working with a personal trainer which so far I am loving.
My total goal is to lose 15lbs. I am down 3lbs in a little less than 2 weeks so I am heading in the right direction.

jenn33082 11-19-2010 09:02 AM

Welcome!!

I started March 2010 at 191 lbs with South Beach (I am quite the fan!) I lost around 32 pounds between March and November. I gradually increased my level of excercise, I started out with none (just chasing around my then8 month old) and then in July i started Jazzercise 2 nights per week, I am now up to 6 days per week with occassionally 7 work outs (6 days of P90X, 1 jazzercise class and Sunday is a rest day.) Tomorrow is my last day of the first phase of P90X (Yay!) I just recently switch to calorie counting, for a few different reasons:
1. I wanted to mix things up a little, have some more food options available.
2. With the increased excercise, I wanted to make sure that i was getting enough calories. I think I hovered around 1000-1200 most days on SB and that is just not enough with the workouts that I am doing.
3. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't taking in too many calories. (Mainly when eating out.)

Good luck on your journey! The girls here are great!

jenn33082 11-19-2010 09:07 AM

I also forgot to mention, that I strive to keep my calorie intake made up of an equal percentage of carbs, protein and fats. (I shoot for 33% of each.)

zanheltangia 11-19-2010 09:58 AM

what is everyone doing to lose weight?

I don't know about everyone, ;), but I am doing Weight Watchers. I plan on going back to meetings and learning about the new program at the end of the month, so that will be a big change. (Free fruit! Wooohoo! Lots of bananas, watermelon, kiwis, and granny smith apple slices, here I come!)

What are your goals?

Currently, my next goal is to get to "Normal" weight at 178.9 lbs. Then drift into the 170-160 range that my doctor mentioned off hand on my last visit when he nearly rolled his eyes at my current progress (just follow portion sizes he says, if it was that easy I wouldn't be needing a "plan" doctor!).

Other than that, my goal is to be happy with me (physically, mentally, and silly!).

Do you have any rewards for yourself?

I've hit 60 pounds lost, and just chopped off and highlighted my hair, got rid of all my old clothes and bought new ones to hold me over until I need smaller sizes. My next step is to get rid of my stretched out glasses (they fall off if I look down too long), and get a few cheap pairs that make me happy.

My next reward is to take myself and my sister to the Warrior Dash 5k in late January and go sky diving when I get into the "normal" BMI, which I plan to be sometime this summer. I had to change the sky diving goal when I met it the last time, because it is too cold to go right now!!!

I'm 25 (quarter of a century, :eek: :D) at 5'11".
Starting weight was officially 256.6 (Highest was probably about 265).
Currently: 195.6.

jojobean5 11-19-2010 10:08 AM

As a newbie myself, I want to say thanks for posting this! It's a great thread, lots of good ideas!

CaliforniaDreamer 11-19-2010 10:49 AM

Welcome Newbies!! :D

To lose weight, right now, I am counting my calories, I eat about 1800 everyday I might go over sometimes but its only by a couple. I exercise for an hour, and it's not crazy exercising just a little walking/jogging and do squats, lunges, and sit-ups.

My goals are of course to lose weight but I also want to be healthy, I want a healthy BMI, and a healthy fat % but here are my goals in numbers:

Goal #1 - 260
Goal #2 - 230
Goal #3 - 200
Goal #4 - 170
Goal #5 - 140

Those are my ultimate goals with little pit stop goals inbetween, for example I really wanted to get out of the 290s and since I did, I get to go to california for christmas. I just make sure to reward myself when I meet my Goals no matter how small they are.

I have been doing well so far I have lost 8.5 pounds since I've been on here, that is the most weight I have ever lost! lol without it coming back the next day and I really want to keep it that way.

Good luck with your journeys!!

jess jp 11-19-2010 12:00 PM

i started trying to lose weight about a week before my son turned 2 months. this was around june 24th. i was doing atkins. unfortunately i don't know my starting weight, but when i hopped on a scale at my moms house around 4th of july weekend (2 weeks into my diet) i was 199. i couldn't believe it and thought it was wrong...until i went to an ob appt a couple weeks later and was 196. then on aug 6th i had another appt and was 190. i bought a cheap dial scale and i was down to 185ish in september, but i am pretty sure i gained a few lbs up to 187. i fell off the wagon, because we moved and re-started october 11th and am now 179. i am doing weight watchers now, because the low carb diets weren't giving me enough variety. i love weight watchers and eat so much better than i used to. i also eat all my meals instead of having this really unhealthy dinner and snacks.
anyways. :) my ultimate goal is to get somewhere around 118-120. i am short at 5'1" ...and a half and at 145 i was a size 12. that's fine, but i'd like to get to where i was in, oh 7th grade where i felt great and healthy and i was a size 5-7 then. we'll see. but i have a TON of mini goals to keep me motivated.
Christmas goal is 171 (which would make 10lbs since i joined the xmas thread a few weeks ago).
would love to get under 169, because before i got pregnant with my son i had lost some weight and gotten to 169
under 159 would be amazing, because it's been SO long since i've seen those numbers
my rewards: actually my mom and her husband are very supportive and told me that will pay me 10$ a pound. payable at 25lbs and 50lbs lost starting at 184 pounds, so they owe me 50 bucks so far. :D they want to help me get a new wardrobe. also, little things here and there that i see fit.
a huge thing is i want to get brazilians when i get to goal weight. i hate shaving and get ingrown hairs. and lastly-i want to get professional, tasteful boudouir photos done of myself.

Blcarter84 11-19-2010 02:50 PM

WELCOME!! I've been here for QUITE some time:):) Lost over 50 lbs before I got pregnant and now I am on that road again. I also do South Beach because that is what I did before to lose weight and it works wonders in making me choose healthy foods!

It can be done...even without excercise. I do workout videos at home, either Kettleworx or Tae Bo about 5x a week now.

aml 11-19-2010 03:06 PM

i've been here a looong time too. i'm not particularly counting calories, just making a general effort to eat way better and exercising 3x a week. my goal this time is to make it to 150 by the time i'm maid of honor in my friends wedding in april of 2011

angeluv 11-19-2010 04:01 PM

Hey!

I'm new too. A few weeks ago I started seeing a nutritionist and following that diet. I'm also trying to work out 4 days a week..thats not working out so well though lol.

I started at 157 and i'm only 5 feet tall. The goal they set for me was 125lbs but ideally i'd like to be 115lbs. So i'm at the beginning of my journey. So far i've lost about 7.6lbs in about 5 weeks so I'm hoping I can keep up that momentum. I'm 149 right now, I have a mini goal of getting to 140 by christmas and to 115 by April 5th, which is my birthday.

I joined here because I really just need people who understand. I have one friend who went to the same nutritionist i went to, shes lost over 40lbs and she looks awesome...and shes a great help and cheerleader BUT now shes a skinny b*tch lol, so even though i know she used to be overweight, i still feel like saying..."shut up your skinny!"

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 11-19-2010 04:36 PM

Welcome! I loved reading all those responses.

I am counting calories, with a target of around 1500/24 hour period. I work nights, and so "daily" counts get a little tricky. Midnight to midnight works better for me. I am writing them down, for accountability reasons, until I can eat this way intuitively. Really working on portion control and mindless snacking/eating past full point.

What are your goals?

-Under 125lb by Dec 1st
-At or under 122lb by Christmas
After that, I will keep creating mini-goals for myself until I hit 115, hopefully by Feb!
-Finish 8K in January

I love a good mani/pedi! I try to avoid food rewards, and instead am trying to learn how to incorporate dinners and drinks out with friends as careful indulgences, so that they don't turn into all-out binges. So far, so good. :)

Best of luck to you!

JOLINA 11-19-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeybee123 (Post 3575654)
Welcome Newbies!! :D

To lose weight, right now, I am counting my calories. I eat about 1800 everyday I might go over sometimes but its only by a couple.

:hug:
I am .5" taller than you. I started out at 1800 calories per day also.
I felt good within a week, but as I lose more weight, I feel even better.
After a couple of months I dropped the calories down to 1700.
So far, since June I have lost 21 lbs. I have dropped the calories down to 1600-1650 for now.

You will make it.
Don't worry.
Just keep at it every day.

I write everything down that I eat...and keep track of changes in my body every week.

:goodluck:

Ivonnely 11-19-2010 05:06 PM

I love these threads =)

I live in canada, vancouver and I m asian ;)

I started my calorie counting around august 2st and I've lost roughly 63pound till now. I started around 230 and right now I weight 166.

I only eat 1000-1200 calories per day and I have class in the morning and work in the afternoon. I also walk everywhere and sleep super early in the night.

My goal is to be 155 by december and my ultimate goal is 120 but my current mini goal for next year march is 140 =).

ouch 11-19-2010 06:58 PM

I reached my highest weight in a very long time! I refuse to step up on the scale. I will start a meal delivery system of 1500 calories on Monday.
I also started tweeting every activity I do, kinda like a casual blog to motivate myself. ( we'll see how this goes)

My goal weight is 150ish and to be more active.

TooManyDimples 11-19-2010 07:18 PM

I'm calorie counting as well. I've been doing calorie cycling and it's worked out pretty well for me. This past week I also decided to lower my carb intake (usually between 70 and 80 net a day) and I had a great loss this morning. So I think I'm going to continue to keep my carbs around there.

I try to exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes sometimes up to about an hour. That doesn't always work out, but I definitely exercise more days then I don't. I just started doing strength training and I'm going to try to do it 3 days a week.

I was at my highest weight a long time ago (Christmas of 2006) Since then I've yoyo-ed up and down quite a few times. I started this journey on my birthday this year (October 13th) and so far I've lost 14.2 pounds.

My mini goals are in my signature and *I think* my ultimate goal is 150. I have no clue if that will change or not. I haven't been even close to 150 in at least 15 years. :halfempty I picked that based on what is supposed to be a healthy BMI based on my height and frame.

I haven't really considered rewards. Really, once I reach each of my mini goals I'll probably have to get new clothes that will fit so that will probably be my reward. :)

sjw100 11-20-2010 03:50 AM

I haven't been using any particular diet, I have mainly just been focusing on eating the right foods, lots of veggies, fruits, grains, fish etc. I haven't declared anything off limits because i've noticed the moment I do that is when things go wrong and its the only thing I want in the world! So if I go to a wedding and I want to eat the cake, I do! I haven't been calorie counting because I think I would be really bad at that.

As for exercise i've been hitting the gym. I doing c25k 3 days a week and doing other cardio like the cross-trainer etc. My main goal is just to get the gym everyday (with one rest day) I find once I get there I get more motivated! Next week i'm going to add Yoga and other classes that my gym offers to my routine.

That said i'm only at the start of my journey, have lost 2kgs of 30kgs. Current weight is 84kg. My first mini-goal is to get under 80kg and never see it again! My ultimate goal is somewhere around 56-58kg, but honestly I don't know because i've never been skinny ever so I don't know what my body will look like, so i'll just see how I feel when I get there!

JLNichols07 11-20-2010 09:31 AM

I'm calorie counting. I eat between 1200-1550 calories a day. I exercise 5-6x a week rather its for 20 minutes or 45 minutes.

My goal weight is to be 125. I've NEVER seen 125 for as long as I can remember. But that's it. My mini-goal weight is 140 and I would like to hit that by March of 2011 and 125 by June 2011. Who knows though. Right now I'm 172 and I'm losing at about 7-8 lbs a month pace. Good Luck!

KikiTamato 11-20-2010 06:52 PM

Wow! Congratulations to all of you! This is so inspiring. I did not expect so many people to reply :) I kinda fell off the wagon last night but I am back on it today. My goal is 175 because I remember being 175 two years ago and thinking "Gah.. I've gained 15 pounds since high school.. if I hit 179 I'll DEFINITELY take action." Well I hit 197 at my absolute highest so when I get back to 175 I am going to by myself a purse I've been eyeing up on eBay :)

SB has been a great diet. Once you know what you can eat and how to make up meals it's very easy. My carb cravings are gone within the first week. I have tried WW and lost 5 pounds within two weeks and with just simply working out again I lost 6 pounds in a month without dieting. SB gives me faster results and now I feel like a pro.. I just need to stick with phase 2 now :)

TapasLover 11-21-2010 01:57 PM

What inspiration here. Great work, all!

I finally owned up to my unhealthy relationship with food and began eating for health rather than pleasure. For me, this involved close attention to the Acidic properties of food, which I am very sensitive too. I have suffered from Stomach ulcers in the past, and foods that turn to acid in the system wreak havoc in by belly. As a result of research on which foods are "alkaline" and which are "Acidic" I eat mostly vegetables, certain grains (polenta, quinoa mainly) potatoes, tofu and soy products, and can't have meat, dairy, white flour or sugar. If you google "acid and alkaline food list" you'll get an idea

What are your goals?
Under 150 by New Years.
Running the NYC half marathon in March
Reaching goal weight this Spring.

All this money I'm saving by not eating out as often, drinking less, etc. is being funneled into a vacation account. Next summer, the hubs and I hit Spain. Barcelona may never be the same:D

dandycandy 11-21-2010 03:51 PM

Hey girlies! I am "new" here I signed up awhile ago, believing it was time to change my life buut then stopped excersizing and counting calories boo on me! However as of November 16 have started again..and I WILL SUCCEED! I have to! Im 21, have an almost 2 year old who is the best little guy ever. I have been overweigh/obese since about grade 10 but chubby all my life(sigh). I am at my heaviest right now 210 I'm only 5'4 blah. my ultimate goal is 120 by November 16 2011. Im eating 1200-1500 calories a day and as of now walking/jogging, weights and tae bo for an hour a day (except saturday haha) I feel hopeless, like no matter what I do it my goals will never be met. Then I look at this site and the goal photos and everyones success I want it sooo bad I could cry. I just want clothes to fit and to not feel so disgusting anymore! Now Im ranting haha I love you all and believe in all of you. Good luck to all of us!!

krampus 11-21-2010 10:05 PM

I'm supposedly tracking my calories and exercising almost every day; cardio and some body weight strength exercises. "Supposedly" because I'm quite sloppy and end up losing on average a pound a week. Lots of cheating and setbacks. I aim to eat under 1700 per day.

What are your goals?

I'd like to be a weight I want to be. No more of this "ehh that's good enough" stuff. I'm also just interested in maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle - balanced diet, regular exercise for good heart health, etc. I've wasted enough years being an overweight smoker. Time to make up for lost time.

Right now my goal weight is 115.

I suppose the greatest reward for me will be successfully maintaining a lighter weight! I don't have planned rewards but when I reach goal weight/size, a massive shopping spree of epic proportions awaits me and I CANNOT WAIT.

Paloma 11-21-2010 11:24 PM

Hi, I just joined 3fc too. Over the last 9 weeks I've lost 20 lbs by calorie counting. I've also added in exercise at least 6 days a week. I had been doing just cardio for an hour to an hour and a half but I just started adding strength training in too.

My ultimate goal is to be at 127 lbs, which is smack dab in the middle of the healthy bmi range for my height and exactly 50 lbs from my starting weight. However, I weighed exactly the same on my last weekly weigh in which was quite frustrating since I was really good all week and felt like I had lost. So I ordered my own scale and some body calipers and am going to add body fat % goals once they arrive. That way if the scale doesn't move I can still tell if I'm at least getting healthier.

When I first started I promised myself a new phone at 15 lbs, then moved it to 20 lbs. But honestly I don't want rewards like that anymore. Smaller clothes are the only rewards that motivate me now!

jess jp 11-21-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TapasLover (Post 3577876)
All this money I'm saving by not eating out as often, drinking less, etc. is being funneled into a vacation account. Next summer, the hubs and I hit Spain. Barcelona may never be the same:D

what a great goal-reward! i love spain and lived there for 7 months a couple years ago. we were in zaragoza, about few hours from barcelona-which we visited once, it was awesome.:D
adore your username too! i love me some tapas..........:)

krampus 11-21-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paloma (Post 3578390)
When I first started I promised myself a new phone at 15 lbs, then moved it to 20 lbs. But honestly I don't want rewards like that anymore. Smaller clothes are the only rewards that motivate me now!

I dunno if you're as much of a shopper as I am but this is better motivation than any gadgets or spa treatments could ever be!

popspry 11-22-2010 12:00 AM

My realistic goal is 140 but I'd love to be 130-135. I just don't see that happening however. I calorie count/calorie cycle and try to exercise but mentally, it's a real struggle for me. I pretty much feel everyone else drops weight twice as fast as me so I'm a bit depressed lately.

MissESQ 11-22-2010 01:40 PM

My plan

So I just joined today, Yay! I’m excited. It’s exactly five months from my 30th birthday so I have some major goals. I lost 13 pounds over the summer but I am considering today my official start and my weight is 210. I haven’t been under 200 in years. My major problem is staying motivated. I know what works for me, it’s just sticking to it that’s the problem.

I don’t do calorie counting because it’s not practical for me. I live on chocolate, seriously, I live on it. So if I cut that out or treat myself once a week without going crazy, I will lose weight. I also need to eat more regular meals, I tend to eat one big meal a day and that’s not good. So that’s what I hope to do. I also want to take advantage of the boardwalk that I live next to. Today I walked 4.6 miles, me and my dog. My dog was giving me this … “are you crazy?” look, so I knew I was really working out. So that’s my plan.

nikkster 11-22-2010 02:35 PM

Making healthy choices and avoiding processed & fried foods. I fill up on veggies, fruits, grains, (fiber filled foods) and lots of water. I eat lean meats of chicken, pork and no beef. I keep my carbs to a minimum and make sure they're whole grains. I dont drink my calories either. I kind of count calories, I check the nutrition information on everything, but I make good judgement on my meals. Im eating about 1200-1500 cals.
I workout 1hr to 1hr 20-30 mins about 5-6 days a week. So far I've lost 21lbs and it's almost been a month.

What are your goals?
-To get to 280 by mid January.
-Continue my progress in the semester of student teaching.
-Get to 200 and see how I feel about loosing more. (I want to get to a size 12-14 in pants while I'm a 24 now and 18/20 2X on top)
-Look more like twins with my twin sister

-Clothes
-Getting healthy and TOM on track

prepping 11-29-2010 05:32 PM

I'm not quite new, but I certainly haven't been an active member at 3FC for a lonnng time! And I'm back! :)

I've generally been hovering around 180 for the last 4 years but recently found myself getting up to 189 and am determined to catch the weight gain before I hit 190!

Current: 5'11" and 189 lbs.
Goal: 170 lbs. (secretly 160 lbs)
The Plan: No junky food. Lots of water. Calories around 1500/day of well balanced foods. Limit alcohol on weekends to one 100 calorie drink. Develop my work out routine to be consistent and at least 4+ days per week.

Why now? Because I am tired of my clothing fitting too tightly when I remember them being loose on me before. I hate muffin tops and when your shirts ride up as you walk. And I want to stand in front of a mirror and genuinely think that I look awesome rather than seeing nothing but love handles, thunder thighs, huge hips, and the round of my belly.

This is exciting! It feels good making a commitment!