Don't you hate it when... - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #1  
The weightloss monster

S/C/G: My starting with is at 255

Height: 5'10

Default Don't you hate it when...

A coworker who knows I trying to lose weight brings in the food that I crave the most. I'm a kit kat lover (I don't O.D over it but I love it) my coworker (the *******) brings in kit kats and Chinese food. He does it on purpose just to piss me off. He walks on crutches but he still hobbles over to me with it in his hand. I have the urge to hide his crutches and watch him trip.

But besides that have you guys have any experiences like that?
Amplify69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Does he really know those are your favorites? Like, have you specifically told him you love Kit Kats and Chinese food, or is he just bringing stuff in to share?

I think if you keep refusing to take part, and letting him know you don't eat like that anymore that he'll eventually get the hit.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #3  
The weightloss monster

I have mentioned that I like kit kats and Chinese food. haha I've tried that too. I told him if he keeps bugging me I'll rip his leg off, but he's a persistent guy/Jack.A
Old 11-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

In my experience there's always going to be some "food pusher" around. Ultimately it's your choice to eat what they are offering or politely say no and move on. The only person you can control is YOU when it comes to dieting and making choices about what you do or don't want to eat. Just my opinion.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntress View Post
In my experience there's always going to be some "food pusher" around. Ultimately it's your choice to eat what they are offering or politely say no and move on. The only person you can control is YOU when it comes to dieting and making choices about what you do or don't want to eat. Just my opinion.
I totally agree with this post. I work in a place where there is ALWAYS food being offered up. At first it was really hard to resist. But in the long run it's been good for me because it's taught me that I don't have to eat just because there's food around.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  
The weightloss monster

I agree
Old 11-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #7  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I don't have anyone at work who brings in food just to tease me, but I do work in an office full of guys so there is ALWAYS some kind of junk food around. I feel like I notice it way more now that I'm making healthier choices, but I don't crave it. I notice it and think "wow. I bet I would feel like crap after eating that!" I then usually have a glass of water and everything is better
chubbyhipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntress View Post
Absolutely. I've learned to be very firm with people for my own protection.

I work for a company that owns several restaurants; one of which is where my office is. We order lunch off the menu every single day. Our chef knows I have an insatiable sweet tooth and LOVES trying out new desserts on me. It drives me nuts because he's a very, very good chef

But he's also respectful when I tell him to lay off. People love to please others with food as it's easy to do, so he's probably just trying to please you. It doesn't mean you can't be firm in telling him where to put thos kitkats
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

OMG my work always brings in food- someone goes on vacation to Hawaii? Oh here- chocolate covered macadamia cookies for everyone!

Friday morning? Bagels and cream cheese for everyone!

Big meeting? Donuts for everyone!

Not to mention the potlucks that happen now and then (or pizza parties), I was actually told it looks bad when I avoid these things- I was like whatever dude- I don't HAVE to go it's not a condition of employment and when they say "well just go and don't eat" um hello- you really think I can do that? If I could do that I wouldn't have ballooned to 235 lbs!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

My MIL is a "food pusher". She is tiny but bakes literally every day something using crisco and tons of sugar. She knows I'm trying to lose weight but bakes and is constantly trying to send food home with us and she doesn't eat it herself. I have a really hard time saying no but am having to learn.

I'm trying to make it a rule to only have treats for birthdays or holidays. There's just no other reason to eat all this junk. I'm now trying to say "No, thank you, I'm full" instead of "Sure, I'll try some" just to avoid hurting her feelings.
livb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #11  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Man - one of my catty coworkers is the WORST. I have stopped telling her my diet plans because she makes it her personal goal to sabotage them. She tries to coerce me into eating bad things and not going to the gym. She's so sneaky too.

Donuts are one of my biggest temptations and she will go buy 1/2 dozen and either put them on my desk or ask my repeatedly to have one. She makes it a point to do it in front of the entire office so I have to explain WHY I don't want her danish- that it a diet issue and not that I'm trying to offend her personally. She won't stop until I've had to explain myself to the other co-workers, it's incredibly embarrassing.

I've just stopped talking about it at work altogether. It's none of their business anyway. :P
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #12  
The weightloss monster

Boston cream pie donuts are enemies though I haven't eaten them in a couple months but the look of them still makes my head turn
Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/202.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Co-worker

Not to me, my coworker and I were dieting. We are the only two women is our company and with the customers are mainly men. We're in the oilfield business. So we don't mind telling peps we are dieting. But my coworker loves almonds and they are high in calories. But there's one Bhead that brings in a can and offers her nuts everyday. And if she's takes it he loves it cause then he can say"what about your diet" He always pissed me off doing her that way. Peps will be Aholes; just overlook and know your doing this for you.
pinkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaYum View Post
Man - one of my catty coworkers is the WORST. I have stopped telling her my diet plans because she makes it her personal goal to sabotage them. She tries to coerce me into eating bad things and not going to the gym. She's so sneaky too.

Donuts are one of my biggest temptations and she will go buy 1/2 dozen and either put them on my desk or ask my repeatedly to have one. She makes it a point to do it in front of the entire office so I have to explain WHY I don't want her danish- that it a diet issue and not that I'm trying to offend her personally. She won't stop until I've had to explain myself to the other co-workers, it's incredibly embarrassing.

I've just stopped talking about it at work altogether. It's none of their business anyway. :P
She sounds like a JERK!!!!!! Donuts are a big weakness of mine too. Kudos for you for not giving into her and her donuts! That's so rude she does that crap in front of the whole office...

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-10-2010 at 05:54 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #15  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Ugh, I know! She's very manipulative, it's crazy. A couple of years ago, we used to go to the gym and diet together- off an on. She gave up awhile ago and just decided to 'accept being fat' but she doesn't want to be the only one so she makes it a point to destroy my diet and/or make me look bad.

It's not just donuts- its on a weekly basis with pizza, candy, or anything. She tries to call weekly meetings so the office will buy us lunch and I try to get out of it so I don't go off plan, but she makes me feel like I'm antisocial/bad employee because I don't want to join in on their pizza parties.

Last edited by GreenTeaYum; 11-10-2010 at 06:51 PM.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote