Old 11-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Default It's always kind of a let down...

The first 40 lbs I lost wasn't a big deal because I'd lost 40 lbs before. I thought that when I lost 50, it would be a big deal. I lost 50 and it was a bit of a let down. I went on to lose 60, then 70,....and now I'm close to having lost 100 lbs. Don't get me wrong...I'm super happy that I lost all this weight. I just don't feel like it's as exciting as it should be. Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

It's not just you... while I'm not close to losing 100 pounds, I have lost quite a bit. I really thought it would be a bigger deal when I hit my original goal of 161, but it was rather anticlimactic. I've since gone down to 153 and back up to 166-168 where I sit now. I think that in my head it was this big and mighty thing, then when I got there it's still me, just smaller. It's a bit of a sad thought, but in all honesty when I started this - I just wanted to be smaller and that I am! Just keep on keeping on and hopefully you'll get that feeling of accomplishment when you're done losing and get to move into maintenance.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

It's not just you...I only feel happy when I get complimented on it. I know I'm doing it for myself and my health but if no one is there to do WOW you look amazing it's like meh...haha
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
It's not just you...I only feel happy when I get complimented on it. I know I'm doing it for myself and my health but if no one is there to do WOW you look amazing it's like meh...haha
Compliments are my favorite. I've never been able to understand the people that complain about getting complimented on their weight loss.

Last edited by Skinnycow; 11-29-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
Compliments are my favorite. I've never been able to understand the people that complain about getting complimented on their weight loss.
Oh I know! I love it, it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world and want to continue on going. Okay so sometime I need a nice ego boost, it's good for me. haha
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #6  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I haven't had anywhere near your level of success, so I'm having a hard time seeing the difference in my weight loss and that's a bit disappointing. But, I'm wondering what your goals were when you started out - was it just losing weight, health stuff, physical activity goals, or changes in social life, attention from the opposite sex, all of it? Sometimes I'm disappointed when I do something that I think will help me reach certain goals, but after I've done all my hard work, the rest of the world just doesn't comply
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I think that what you feel is perfectly normal! and from your avatar, you look awesome

I can relate to your feelings for sure. I've lost the weight to get down to 170 before so am finding that the 20 lbs to make it back down feel more tedious than they are exciting. I've done it before, I feel I should be able to do it again. Will I feel like celebrating once I get back to 170? maybe... but I more than likely will just feel content. Even before, I felt like I did great but suddenly my body image wasn't as much of a priority as it had been before. I felt comfortable in my skin. I was able to find clothes that fit me well easily. It didn't occur to me that I should be celebrating anything so I guess that's why I didn't really feel let down by it. After losing 45 lbs, I felt normal. And I was happy with that.

Lots of things happen as we adjust to our new selves. And if you're not as excited about the weightloss itself, maybe that's your mind's way of accepting all that you have accomplished and looking forward to the next stage of life.

Oh, and it may also be because the changes probably haven't been so obvious as they used to be for you? I personally fit into the same things I fit into when I was 170. They're definately tighter and that's one of the reasons why I am re-focusing on getting my weight down again -- but it's not an obvious difference.

And one more thing... I'm not a fan of regular exercise. It's very hard to fit into my schedule. But i know for a fact that when I do regular muscle training and activity every day, THAT is when I feel the best. So ultimately, if I were in your shoes (which I have been), I would reflect on everything else in my life to identify what I can improve on and find happiness in. I happened to meet my husband when I was 170 lbs. He was the person that made me feel especially good about how I looked and is a constant energy and ego boost 5 years later.

Wow, this was far longer than I had intended. Guess I'm just looking forward to being where you are and counting on it being equally as uneventful.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote