Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #1  
Army Medic

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default In recovery, on a deadline, and sooo frustrated

I've always been active, dancing, running cross country and then running with the army. I've also always struggled with weight. For the last few years I've been struggling with back and hip pain. I was put on steroids and very restricted with working out. Now that I've finally gotten pain under control and can work out again I was all excited that I could take the weight off and get back on top of things. Only problem is, it's not working that way. In high school I was sitting around 150-155 lbs and although I was heavier than what I wanted to be, I was still happy with my body.

I'm currently in the 195-(ek!)200 lb range. I try my best to not go over 200 but no matter what I do I can seem to get my weight down. I've reduced my calorie intake, the only steroids I'm on is my epidural shots and I work out as much as I can with work, school etc. I usually get a run in two to three times a week, and I do the 30 day shred with Jillian Micheals and her Yoga Meltdown too.

I have to lose weight for the army and for myself. I'm just so frustrated because the scale isn't budging.

I feel so alone sometimes and thought that maybe talking to other people would help. As much as my fiance tries to help, he can drop weight whenever he wants with minimal effort.

Any advice, encouragement, or success stories would be amazing.

I'm so tired of carrying this extra weight...
stucky1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #2  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Stucky! Well you've already taken the first step!

I'm sure you will find several boards on here to be very helpful and encourage you to reach your goal. We all have our own struggles with weight and it is nice to be able to come here and share so we can make it through the hard times.

It sounds like you are getting in your workouts, but how is your calorie intake? Do you journal your calories consumed and exercise? If you're eating more calories than your burning you will not lose weight.

Good Luck on your journey!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #3  
Army Medic

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I've been logging calorie intake in my iphone with the lose it app (I was so excited when I found it in the apps...I only got the phone a month ago lol) so other than the few slip ups I'm only consuming about 1,300 calories a day, the aim being losing 1-2 lbs a week. After five weeks I've lost...nothing. I'm going to try to reduce calories again...increasing exercise is a little complicated though...I have to watch overdoing it before my back is strong enough and with school and work already I barely have time to sleep lol.

Thank you for the encouragement!
stucky1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think you need to eat more. If you were only eating 1300 calories and not exercising you would be better because you won't be having a large calorie deficit. Remember, less is not always more. You have to compensate- any clue how much your workouts are burning?

At 195 calories your body needs around 1950 calories to maintain, you are already making a deficit of over 500 calories per day, add working out to that and you are almost at a deficit of 1000- that might be too much for your body. Try two weeks of eating 1500 calories per day and see what happens. You might see a gain for a few days but I'm sure it'll drop after the first week.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote