Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #1  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Default HELP!! I need HELP

Ok so I posted this in the Weight Loss Support Forum, but got only one response and I need some wisdom on this.

Ok, so I have been on SBD with restricted calories, around 1400 a day. I know that is low for my weight, but it works for me, and I am not going hungry. Last week was a rough one, I was in the AZ heat a lot, had no where near enough water, ate some simple carbs, had lots of beef jerky due to not having a place to store my usual lunch, and drank more diet soda than usual. I most certainly did not eat enough calories to gain even a pound, but the scale has jumped up 4 pounds! I drank a ton of water the last two days, knowing I need to flush some out. Did I gain due to having carbs?? Or is this just water?? (I usually get my carbs from vegetables but last week was a weird one, I was working in a bare bones facility) I cheated Sunday, but I know I had no more calories than my resting body should burn. Sigh. I may have really messed up here.

Let me have it ladies..
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Not just water... not carbs. Salt! Evil little sucker!

I loved south beach. Its what I am going to try again. I also lived in Tempe so I get the heat! And the loss of energy in the heat. Most SBeachers would be so mad at me for saying this but if you are out and you are dying... go to taco bell order a burrito and don't eat the tortilla, just whats inside. dont eat beef jerky.

The scale will not reflect the salt in a week. You did not actually gain from it. If anything you might have stalled loss but not gained.

Just remember that scales can vary 3-7 lbs a day for even the thinnest tiniest person and that the AZ heat could be adding to your dehydration as well.

Drink water or crystal light... cool down and get back at it. You will see better results.

Last edited by ajowens; 08-10-2010 at 01:10 AM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Heat + carbs + jerky = water weight.

I mean, all the evidence is there! I wouldn't worry about having gained 4 lbs- that would mean you ate SUCH a higher amount of calories than usual. I bet that it's water weight (I mean, my rings are tighter just reading about the kind of week you had!).

Drink your water and get back on plan and everything will be ok
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #4  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Thank you ladies... I just needed some confirmation. sigh. I am hoping the scale will drop soon.

Junebug - your before and after pics are amazing. Congrats.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i think its from the carbs more than the sodium.
especially since you said theyw ere simple carbs.
for every gram of glycogen (carbs) your body (muscles, skin, tissues, liver) stores, it also stores 3 grams of water along with it, hence the name carboHYDRATES. If youve been low carbing, your glygoen stores have been depleted, and re-intorduces carbs fills them back up, along with the water. its not FAT, but it IS inevitable...as soon as you start eating carbs again, it will happen. Nomatter what, so be prepared, for instance, after you reach goal, r if you have an off-plan weekend. EVERYTIME. And it CAN be significant. When i did a weeklong re-load/refeed, i gained 12 pounds!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Carbs don't make you gain weight - extra calories do.

I agree with everyone who said water weight. Sodium sucks. Just keep flushing your system with water and it'll be gone in no time
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote