Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'8

Default Where to start!

Well, I am to the point in my life where I simply can't take it anymore. I need to get off of my butt and do something about my weight. My boyfriend and I decided we will start helping each other in losing weight. Well he walks 5 feet and loses a pound, it's so easy for him! But it really takes dedication in dieting and working out to get me anywhere close to my goal.

Right now due to a surgery I had I am not able to workout for another week, but I want so bad to get started!

Honestly, I am so overwhelmed I have no idea where to start. I've done this weight loss thing before but I have never felt so lost for some reason. But I need help! Where do I start?

Ah, and right now I weigh around 175 and my goal weight is 145.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
skirsten1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #2  
Samantha417

Well since you can't work out for a week, I'd take that week to take a look at your diet and see what changes you can do. After you get the okay to start working out, then you can combine your healthy eating habits and working out! Are you planning on counting calories? Writing down what I eat and what exercise I did really helped me.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'8

I wasn't exactly sure how to go about my diet, but yes I will be writing it down! I always keep a food journal because I feel much more guilty when I cheat and have to see it on paper!

I am currently searching for meal and snack ideas on the website, hopefully I will be able to put something together and make a grocery store run!

Thanks!
skirsten1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #4  
Samantha417

Calorie counting does help too! I mean, you still have to eat healthy, but you have more flexibility.

Try checking out shape magazine or something like that. I got some good ideas from those magazines too.