Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #1  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Default A review of sorts

Ok, so I've been finding it hard to stay on track lately, I think because I am getting closer to my goal and I was also too late to enroll in the Auckland Half Marathon like I wanted to, so I've had no real exercise goal at the moment. Before when I had the quarter marathon to work towards it was a lot easier to eat properly because I was an "athlete" and a "runner" preparing for an event that I needed to to be in good all over condition for. Anyway, its been tough so I though I would do a bit of a review for myself to give myself a pat on the back for how far I've come, where I want to go and what my strategies are going to be. So I guess this is mostly internal dialogue put out there, feel free to comment or make suggestions etc., but I dont mind if nothing happens lol

What I've achieved

-I started my journey in 2008 at 85kg (187.4lb) and early last week I weighed in at 62.3kg (139.3lb). Thats a loss of 22.7kg and thats not to be snivelled at. Some stuff that weighs roughly 22.7kg include a staffie cross dog, a million dollars in £50 notes, an avanti monza bicycle, or approximately 1 7 year old girl.
-my BMI was 30, or obese. Now it is 23, or healthy
-I used to run for approx 2 mins, then walk for 2, then run for 2, then walk for 2. Now I can run for approximately 1.5 hours, over 10.55km, without stopping
-I have learnt about my relationship between emotions, boredom and eating and some strategies for combating that when it becomes problematic
-I have learnt about nutrition, and that actually, I like eating fruit
-I have tried many different foods, including mangos, mandarins, grapes, and fish. Most of them have gone down well
-I have completed 2 quarter marathons and one fun run, beating my time in each event
-my strength has improved immeasurably
-so has my asthma
-and my self esteem
-I appreciate my body, I enjoy using it and exercising it and developing it and mastering new physical skills
-I'm not afraid to try new sports etc now. Except maybe competitive swimming :P
-I appreciate my health and take it less for granted now
-I am SO much less self conscious
-I beat a freaking 9 month plateau

Photo dump to keep people interested

Photo from the very begining, before starting my journey:

Feb 08, Oct 08, July 09, Oct 09, Feb 2010

Relatively recently lol, Marchish:

Where I want to go:

-I want to find a new event to try to work towards, perhaps a triathlon. I know there is one where you can swap the swim out which would be perhaps an option
-I want to rejudge my goal of reaching 58kg. I want to aim to loss just 100g a week. This is pretty easy to do and if i screw up, its easy to get back on track
-I want to buy a bottle of gum to keep in the cupboard so when i go there looking for a snack I can have that instead. Often I just want to chew on something (if any psychoanalysts out there start talking about my oral fixation I will curse you over my connect lol )
-i want to make my lunches bigger. Ive started doing this but often they are too small i think, I allow 400 cals but rarely have that which means i am starving later in the evening and over eat
-I want to have a treat every week. Even if its just an ice cream or something like that. Something i dont count the calories in and just enjoy

So thats my plan. I feel better putting it down. Sometimes I cant see the forrest for the trees lol.

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 08-03-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #2  
Eternally 2 pounds away..

S/C/G: 135/ticker/120

Height: 5'5"

This is a very good review of your achievements. You should be so proud of yourself, not only of your weight loss but your improved fitness which is so important.

Congratulations on everything and the best of luck for the last few pounds.

D xx
DoraUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Wow. You have really done wonderful things for yourself! Congrats! Have you considered a sprint triathlon to start with? I'm doing my first one next month. It consists of 1/3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, 5k run, but you have to do it all yourself. Some of the distances vary w/ location/race coordinator. Congrats on all your achievements!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yay Icon
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well, you look incredible. Keep on keeping on!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #6  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Icon - you still continue to be an inspiration to me! You've come so far and worked so hard! You deserve a gold star and a pat on the back (or at the very least some lemon chicken crackers!). I'm so glad to hear you're still doing well and making improvements on yourself. You're a rockstar!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Icon the treat once a week thing is awesome...and mine isnt bad but I generally just dont have treats... so I look forward to my ice cream cone once a week...and it really is awesome

Also you're pretty awesome yourself dear
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

SO impressive! You definitely are an inspiration!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #9  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Thanks everyone I feel a lot better getting it down
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #10  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yay! You look great hun!
Go us Kiwi's :P