Old 07-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Default Can you Help Me Plan A Date Night? :)

It's been a while since me and my fiance' have done anything romantic. He works a lot, so the event plannings usually fall on me. Lately it's been, birthday party here, wedding there, etc, and we haven't done anything with just us two for us two. I'd like to plan a low key date night for us. But I need some ideas.

We currently have the house to ourselves, so a hotel getaway would be out of the question, but I'm curious to know if you ladies out there have ever planned something sweet for the love's of your lives and if you could give me some pointers. I'm really not the "romantic" type, but I'm willing to give it a try. (Maybe next time he'll plan something for me) Here's hoping! lol

Any feedback would be really appreciated! Hope you all have a great day and thanks for reading!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Well....I'm also not the most romantic person in the world. I WANT to be, but I always feel cheesy or embarassed about it.

This weekend, though, we're going on a picnic. I think planning a meal for your SO can be really romantic. You can put so much thought and effort and care into it and really make it a special thing. So maybe cook something for him and have a nice dinner or a picnic?

I know, I'm a creative genius. lol.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

For my first Valentine's Day with my boyfriend, he cooked me an amazing four course meal (salad, homemade soup, main course of heart-shaped lasagna in dishes he borrowed from one of my friends without me knowing and then I supplied dessert which was homemade cookies). He put little candles on the table, turned on some music, and even though we were eating at a desk with mismatched chairs in a tiny student room in an ugly student house, it made absolutely no difference. I think showing your fiance that you have put in a lot of effort to make what he likes (I love my friend's lasagna - he borrowed the recipe along with the dishes! - and asaparagus, so he made asparagus soup) and set the mood, it would be a great date night!

Of course it doesn't all have to revolve around food. What about a nice walk somewhere pretty or going to sit in a park or a picnic, like ThicknPretty suggested? I LOVE picnics. Or you could go something you've always said you want to do but haven't gotten around to yet, like some attraction in your town that locals take for granted but actually looks kind of fun. Or bowling! Bowling is fun too! As is Laser tag
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Since you have the house to yourselves, I'm thinking something at home would be nice... The last time I did a little something for my husband and I, I made a chinese food picnic on the tv room floor. I put out a blanket, closed all the drapes, lit a few candles, and cooked up some sweet and sour chicken with rice. I bought us a bottle of wine and something for dessert. Then we had an indoor romantic picnic. It was really nice because we didn't have to go anywhere and it was really relaxing. (wink wink)
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

I'm kind of in the same boat...it'll be 6 months for me and my boy next week. He's super romantic...like you see in the movies. Candles. Bubble Baths. Champagne. Chocolate dipped strawberries. Massages. It's adorable. But I'm not like that (I love it, but I don't really do it). So I'm kind of expecting him to do something (if he doesn't, that's fine lol, but I just kinda see it coming). I'd like to do something for him, but beyond the obvious (lingerie, anyone?), I'm drawing a blank.
So, I was reading through another thread and KayNicole mentioned Fondue night. I'm thinking I'm going to do that. It sounds fun! Could be very romantic! And healthy, if you're going for that
Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes! I could use tips, too!!!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #6  

Thanks for the support! Glad I'm not alone! The fondue sounds fun. Maybe I should gather up all these ideas and go all out and incorporate all of them! Like a fondue w/ chinese heart shaped dessert indoor picnic with candles?? That actually sounds exciting! If anyone would like to add anything else, I'd love to hear it!

Is it cheesy to give a guy a rose? I'm clueless! Clearly my parents weren't romantic with eachother, nor were any of my exes! haha
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #7  

haha I'm not sure...it's kinda not fair. I mean, when a guy wants to get a girl something...easy...flowers...
what does a girl get a guy?
My dad buys my mom flowers...but she hasn't gotten him any...she shows her love by cooking his favorite meals or getting special kinds of beer. lol.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

I don't give my boyfriend flowers because I know he wouldn't really like them (though I'm sure some guys do) but I have given him cards before just saying how much he means to me and how happy I am to be with him etc. You don't have to wait for an anniversary to say that stuff!

Beer isn't the worst idea - in England there's a ton of different ales and ciders and draughts you can get from local breweries or even breweries from the other side of the country or something depending where you go. If he likes a certain kind of beer maybe you could find a similar one from the same brewery or a similar kind from a different one, maybe one he hasn't tried before? Or maybe 'create' a fun cocktail for the two of you that you can mix and serve just for him with whatever he likes (vodka, gin, juice etc). If you make your own you could even give it a cool name that means something to the two of you. I love this idea myself - I want to make one up now! It might take some experimentation but you could start by combining parts of mainstream cocktail recipes.

Last edited by freedomreins; 07-29-2010 at 11:49 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #9  

I guess we could give them a slap on their bottom or a high five? Haha, this is my first time I've ever felt the need to be a "romantic" for someone! Wish me luck! Has anyone eaten at The Melting Pot? Any reviews?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I think you could buy him just a small something that maybe he wants... like a new CD, book, something of that nature...

boys are sooo hard to give little things to show you care... I cook and give treats...however the boy is on a healthy kick so I have no treats to give him lol...but I send him books he talks about and movies as surprises

I did a fondue night with my ex and another couple and it was the best thing...Its really easy but a ton of prep work but then you get to sit and enjoy and cook together...

I have some fondue recipes if you need them feel free to PM me
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #11  

My brother has and says it is really good...but fairly expensive. So other than that...nope. If you end up there, let me know how it goes!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #12  

Freedomreins that's an awesome idea! Is now a good time to let you lovely ladies know that I'm 5 mos pregnant? Haha, but I can still play bartender for him I suppose, I mean, HE is the one who needs to unwind and relax right? Hmm..maybe i could spice it up with a cute lil bartender's outfit? I'm definitely keeping that one in mind, especially for AFTER baby comes!

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Melting Pot is amazing! but kind of pricey and you have to go out and eat.. and you leave smelling horrible
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 132/131/118

Height: 5'2"

Some guys like flowers I hear, but I've never met one myself haha. I think a nice dinner at home is perfect, followed by a movie (that you both want to see), and some loving! We ate at The Melting Pot for our anniversary and it was great, dessert is to die for! I wanted to lick the bowl, seriously.

Last edited by LLH2010; 07-29-2010 at 11:54 AM.
LLH2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #15  

awww congratulations! How exciting!!!!