Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #1  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Default Changes

Oh, the changes, they are a'comin'. My fiance graduated college last Saturday. He's moving to a city 5 hours away this week. I'm moving home with my parents until we get married in September. It's a lot of changing. And I'm a little worried about how to stay in my schedule when everything will be different.
For example, right now I eat a small breakfast at work, go to lunch at the same time every day and eat by myself, so I eat leftovers or a lean cuisine that has already been calculated (I count calories), and then leave most of my calories for the evening so I can eat with my fiance. And he knows I'm dieting, and we have our schedules worked out, so it's not weird that I'm doing squats while cooking or weighing my zucchini, and he buys me Corona Light instead of extra to save me 41 calories.
Now I'll be working (maybe) somewhere new, with a different schedule; I'll be in the country instead of by the gym; with my parents instead of my fiance; I'll be near a real city with lots of friends who eat out and drink a lot more than I do here... it'll be different.
I don't know what I'm looking for with this post - advice for dealing with all the changes? Support that you've done it to? I dunno, I'm just kind of freaked out.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

From what you say about your schedule, it sounds like you've already conquered major changes in your life so I think you'll be perfectly fine at figuring out how to develop your schedule again.

Lots of changes happen at every stage of the game in life. Now you have the arsenal of knowledge on how to make it work so it's just adapting to your environment. btw, congrats on the wedding!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'm in the exact same boat! Minus the fiance thing, I don't even have a boyfriend. haha.

I just graduated, moved back home to my parents, and started a brand new teaching job. Life is insane, so many changes to take on at once - and it's been tough, I"m not going to lie. I had my life in control before, I didnt' need daily planning, I was able to be in control of my schedule and food just natural based on the habits and schedule that I created for myselfe. But now, I have to plan every single detail and calorie in order to manage the changes that have occurred.

I've managed by over planing and being in major control of everything. I can't just let things crop up now, which stinks. I plan out my meals before hand - my entire schedule for the day, when I'm going to work out - and for how long. Once this routine becomes comfortable again, I won't have to plan so much.

But that's how I'm dealing. And, I told my family about what the deal is. I may be buying my own food, I told them not to be offended if I dont' eat with them. They agreed to let me cook healthy meals 3 days a week. Most of my family is pretty unhealthy. So it's a big thing that they're letting me cook!

So good luck - just use the supports you have around you, whatever that may be. 3fc, family, friendly, fiance, journals, whatever you can do to get comfortable. GOOD LUCK!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I just moved back in with my parents for the summer. We bought me my own food, and I have been trying to do a lot outside. I'm near the beach now and its a nice neighborhood so I've been taking advantage of that. I'm running outside, even got my dad to go with me sometimes, and have been going to the beach and working in the garden. Take advantage of your new surroundings!
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote