Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Default Going thru a mini "bootcamp" for myself

So, I'm in the perfect mindset: ready to lose weight, ready to work hard, and already seeing results! I love to "try" and run..I love sweating, and my pantry is stocked full of healthy foods such as fruits, veggies, and lean poultry. I have lost 54 pounds since Sept 2009, but I would be so much further along if it weren't for that scale and my own personal sabatoge!

My problem is, I'll have a goal for a week, lose 4-7 pounds, whatever I feel my body is capable of based on the amount of stress, calories, and exercise time I get in. I hit that goal, or exceed it, and I start getting in the mindset of "ok I can rest, or ok it's an off day". STUPID STUPID! I immediately eat more carbs, or have 1 extra snack for a few days, and gain back 2 pounds! I'm tired of that, and so I enlisted my boyfriend last night. He has now taken my scale to work, and I cannot weigh in for 2 weeks. He wakes up about 3 hours earlier than I do (I work from home), so instead of sleeping in, he now gets my butt out of bed and I go run when he leaves. I told him I'd buy him a new laptop for school (he's starting his master's in June) if he remains so strict and untolerant of my sabatoging ways! It's so hard to be like that and we all want to just give in to our loved ones (because we're tired of hearing them complain or whine!) so this gives him an incentive as well as help me lose weight!

So as sad as this seems, I'm already seeing results! I was up at 7am, I have no scale, and I'm about go run! Let's hope my weigh-in in 2 weeks pays off! I will be so heartbroken if I don't see great results, but those results are completely up to me, so it's my choice!

Thanks for listening 3FC. Being able to type out my crazy ideas and bootcamps, and check in and read other posts is awesome because I know there has to be 1 or 2 others out there laughing and relating.
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #2  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I'm going to do my own bootcamp starting in June when I move home for a bit. I'm starting over C25k outside, I'm going to up my daily pushups, situps, squats and calf raises, and I'm going to get my dog in shape too. Congrats on the 54 pounds already!! And it's great to have such a supportive boyfriend. Way to go.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #3  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much!! Day 2 already and I'm still trucking along. Being hardcore might net me the same results, but it sure is an awesome feeling to know I'm working hard at this 110% instead of being a slacker and half doing this weight loss journey!

However, I MISS MY SCALE! I realize now how much I did weigh before. It's no wonder why I was sabotaging myself. I saw a loss on the scale and relaxed. It seems the longer I go without knowing my weight every hour, the harder I work to ensure I achieve great results in 2 weeks!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #4  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

I find it's really hard to get back on track after a slip. The worst part is getting back on it.

By the way -- your dog is adorable! Is it a maltese? One of mine is a maltese, and one is a maltese mix -- they are my favourite breed!
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I've come to the same conclusion about my scale - I use it as a justification to sabotage my progress way too easily! Oh, I'm down a little bit, I've been doing so well, I'll just have this 1 splurge... But of course it's never just 1. My scale is off limits for the next two weeks as well. Verboten! We'll see what I can do between now and then, because this regular weighing stuff is not working for me! Good luck with your challenges!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote